What's new

Employee puts GameStop on blast at GTAV launch

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I think I saw on Kotaku that she was fired over this. Which really guys, you can't say that you're going to give out people's private information to some public crowd...joke or not.

Since when is information on your ID or business card considered private?

Edit: It is really, REALLY shitty that your job is in someone else's hands. I work at a starbucks. Girl at register fucks up and gives the wrong change for someone. We can't take their word for it that they paid with $20. So my supervisor takes 6-7 minutes to audit the drawer while the rest of us work the long ass line. She gives the lady her money back, and she got to keep her drinks. That was $10 worth of drinks but the lady still said "I'm in a rush, what are you going to do to accommodate me?". Like what more do you fucking want? You waited a couple extra minutes, got your money back, free drinks, AND you want more? I was tempted to walk over and tell the bitch I'm glad she thinks less than 10 minutes of her time is worth more than an hour of mine. Customer service blows, because people are stupid everyday. He got his product, and got his poor little feelings hurt and now that woman doesn't have a job. Sounds like a fair trade off, as he's probably forgotten about the incident now.

aj1701

Noob
Don't argue with business policy. They want your ID you provide ID. No valid ID, no game. That's it, that's all.

Customer is a boob for thinking he can bend the rules, employee lost her cool and should get sorted out by her manager.
GS is a bigger boob; I can buy GTA5 online with free 2 day shipping without some punk asking me for ID to buy a M rated game (supposed to be 17 or older) when I'm over 30 years old. Stupid policies like this are why I don't purchase games there.

GS is a bigger boob; I can buy GTA5 online with free 2 day shipping without some punk asking me for ID to buy a M rated game (supposed to be 17 or older) when I'm over 30 years old. Stupid policies like this are why I don't purchase games there.
Stop thinking you can ride above it all and just show your ID it takes two seconds ya lazy bum

aj1701

Noob
Their reason was corporate policy lol why can't you understand that
Why can't you understand I don't see the validity of having such a corporate policy? Saying something is policy doesn't make it any more relevant or less stupid. I know why the employee is asking, what I'm questioning is why the company is even bothering.

Why can't you understand I don't see the validity of having such a corporate policy? Saying something is policy doesn't make it any more relevant or less stupid. I know why the employee is asking, what I'm questioning is why the company is even bothering.
There's nothing to question. It's not your company or your policies and they are not harmful nor do they infringe upon any rights. Don't like their policies? Don't step foot in their retailer.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
and they actually came up to you? what did they say and what did you respond? did they even have the right to kick you
they told me in the middle of my match that if i don't stop doing that they're going to dq me. like not kick me out of the store but the tournament.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
they told me in the middle of my match that if i don't stop doing that they're going to dq me. like not kick me out of the store but the tournament.
i would have made a snide remark after winning the tourney in their faces

aj1701

Noob
There's nothing to question. It's not your company or your policies and they are not harmful nor do they infringe upon any rights. Don't like their policies? Don't step foot in their retailer.
Can you read? Isn't that what I said I do, by shopping at Amazon?