What's new

Employee puts GameStop on blast at GTAV launch

187x

Noob
That gamestop employee is a bitch. I don't care if the customer is being weird, its your job to serve them and be polite. She should be fired on the spot.
actually the customer was being a bigger bitch. "you think this is a pissing contest and now you lose" Da fuckk

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
although he made himself look like abit of a dick and could of handled the situation a little better I think he was within in rights to go back and say something.i really didn't like her arrogance or the sarcastic tone in her voice,maybe she shouldn't be working the the public sector.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
Somebody needs to go ahead and lay the pipe down on this woman, maybe even flick her bean too. I'm willing to bet she pushed his buttons prior to the begginings of this recording, why else would the dicksnot recording It pull out his device and do just that, record? Let's judge nobody here, and realize that put In this man's shoes, we'd come to the conclusion that we could A, slap this dog shit out of this woman, or B, wait for that opportune moment for her to lose her cool, fuck around and threaten us, and react the way he did. We truly do not know what happened here, yet theres three pages In this thread already, full of comments with nothing but judging.

Customer gets put on blast for being a dumbass by perfectly rational employee trying to deal with a very stressful situation. The customer is not always right.
I use to work at a drift store and while we never got into a confrontation with costumers in my time there we'd always get these entitled idiots coming in 5 minutes before closing time trying to buy shit when were putting everything away and getting ready to leave.

A lot of Americans are soft
Too true. We talk tough and say "if I was there I'd kick his ass" but as soon as we find ourselves in a standoff with a guy who is bigger most of us back off like pussies.

Most.

I like how in internet conversations among fellow nerds, many people will always jump to the conclusion the nerdy guy is in the wrong, mostly because he fits the stereotypes they despise and doesn't appear to be a tough guy. Doesn't even matter the context. This older lady gets instant sympathy from the sisterhood of course but also a strong male instinct to protect her and punch him in his pimply face. Maybe it's just this guy reminds people of themselves in ways that they desperately wish to distance themselves from?

Point being even lowly nerds shouldn't take shit from a bad employee, that's the lesson here.

zoofs

bless
I like how in internet conversations among fellow nerds, many people will always jump to the conclusion the nerdy guy is in the wrong, mostly because he fits the stereotypes they despise and doesn't appear to be a tough guy. Doesn't even matter the context. This older lady gets instant sympathy from the sisterhood of course but also a strong male instinct to protect her and punch him in his pimply face. Maybe it's just this guy represents what people want to distant themselves from?

Point being even lowly nerds shouldn't take shit from a bad employee, that's the lesson here.
the worst thing about the entire video was the people in the lineup. The nerdy white knights who took it as their duty to protect the fair maidens honor at all costs, yelling out random idiotic shit to one day hopefully sniff her as she walks by

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I think I saw on Kotaku that she was fired over this. Which really guys, you can't say that you're going to give out people's private information to some public crowd...joke or not.

Every job requires that you deal with shit heads; so man up and be professional since you're getting paid.

That said, this is a great example of why to avoid midnight releases. Or just go to wal-mart instead if you absolutely can't wait.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Yeah she was being sarcastic, but she was also following a policy, anyone can get a business card if that was his "ID". Would I give out something to someone they paid 60 bucks for if someone gave me a buy one cheeseburger get one free coupon, no, because it's easily accessible and multiple people can get it, same with a business card.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
The customer actually had a pretty normal reaction for someone being ID'd at a midnight launch.

Here in the UK we make sure the consumer has their ID before we even open the doors, just to stop people from waiting around for hours only to be turned away when the event actually starts.

The woman was completely in the wrong when she egged him on to come back by shouting malicious comments towards him as he was LEAVING the store, he was completely within his right to come back and request her professional information.

Especially as the store manager, she should have known better, that's like, customer service ABC's.

Geoduck

Halfasser
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA-How can you people defend that evil wench?
Here's a copy and pasted Youtube comment of that video from a employee who worked under her management.

"I work for GS in the LA area. I am happy to report to all of you that this b**** has been fired as of today. She was a c*** to work for, and trust me when I say that we are all happy that she is gone. Also, she has done worse than just this. Just last year she was under investigation for fudging the numbers in her books because money and games were coming up missing. She talked her way out of it and pegged it on an innocent girl who just killed herself this past May. Burn in hell, Chrys"

That thief and heartless murderer got her just deserts

Tim Static

Adminerator
Customer gets put on blast for being a dumbass by perfectly rational employee trying to deal with a very stressful situation. The customer is not always right.
This.

She took it a bit far, but thats too fucking bad considering he expects people to put their job on the line. Fuck that shit.

Can't follow the rules? Too fucking bad for you.

zoofs

bless
Here's a copy and pasted Youtube comment of that video from a employee who worked under her management.

"I work for GS in the LA area. I am happy to report to all of you that this b**** has been fired as of today. She was a c*** to work for, and trust me when I say that we are all happy that she is gone. Also, she has done worse than just this. Just last year she was under investigation for fudging the numbers in her books because money and games were coming up missing. She talked her way out of it and pegged it on an innocent girl who just killed herself this past May. Burn in hell, Chrys"

u wot? shes a murderer?

Only an insane person would think they're going to fuck someone up who outweighs them and is taller. Professional fighters can't beat people who outweigh them hence weight classes. Floyd Mayweather isn't beating Anderson Silva in a fight. Mini Me is not going to pop off and fuck Shaq up. A person isn't a bitch for understanding that there are limits to fighting. Popping off may be fun but you can't pop off and beat up every Johnny donuts who comes back at you. It's literally impossible. Fighting, outside of a ring or pro setting, should always be a last resort, and always in self defense.

Your argument is invalid :p
Edit: Probably should mute it before you hit play

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It's amazing how quick we are to all pass judgement...I can guarantee that was a hard and busy day full of ignorant people. My guess is the employee was probably at her ends with people that day and he pushed her over the edge.

People/Customers forget that retail employees are human too. Was her comment inappropriate and completely uncalled for?Absolutely... but we never put into perspective as to why that might happen because they're supposed to be " processional" as if you're 100% at what you do for work all the time, regardless to what it is.

As a former Gamestop employee and liquor store employee, I've been at the end of that MANY times, it's not fun at any time. Now myself, I've handled those situations much differently but, as the consumer and customer, we constantly forget that the employees are human too.

jaym7018

Noob

I cant tell if you are making fun of the absurdity that is youtube comments or if you actually believe this happened.

Only an insane person would think they're going to fuck someone up who outweighs them and is taller. Professional fighters can't beat people who outweigh them hence weight classes. Floyd Mayweather isn't beating Anderson Silva in a fight. Mini Me is not going to pop off and fuck Shaq up. A person isn't a bitch for understanding that there are limits to fighting. Popping off may be fun but you can't pop off and beat up every Johnny donuts who comes back at you. It's literally impossible. Fighting, outside of a ring or pro setting, should always be a last resort, and always in self defense.
Yes and no.

Size, weight and strength will always play a part true but so does technic. If the smaller guy has taken training on some more technical fighting style that turns the opponents size advantage against them instead of one that relies mostly on strength, say Brazilian Taijutsum and is skilled enough he could very well get the big guy in an arm/leg lock and dislocate it or break it.

That being said the big guy doesn't have to be as skilled as the little guy, just skilled enough. Chances go down even more if he has some training too and isn't just some random big mugger/gang member.

TLDR version:

Size and power aren't everything. Yes they are big factors but there are other factors to take in consideration as well. Depending on the situation sometimes being smaller is the better advantage like with certain grappling martial arts where you knock the guy on the ground. Can't pull your arm as far back on the ground and now you have to fight gravity as well as the guy on top of you, so less power in the punches.