What's new

Employee puts GameStop on blast at GTAV launch

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
I just read one of the best comments I've ever seen on the kotaku page for this video:

"
I like how everyone posting on here has an opinion one way or the other. I remember studying something like this in a psych class I took in college. Although I forget what it's called it has something to do with mixing in your own biases and what you hear from the people around you and how that can easily influence your opinion over something you had very little information about originally.
Bottom line is, this video began in the middle of the incident. We don't know what really happened before. For all we know he could have been a normal cheerful customer until she brought out the attitude. Likewise he could have been harassing her, in which case her attitude would have been fully justified.
Humanity would be much better off if people would just be able to judge situations on the facts rather than their emotions. The proper response to this video would be ignoring it because it doesn't give us enough information.
"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I just read one of the best comments I've ever seen on the kotaku page for this video:

"
I like how everyone posting on here has an opinion one way or the other. I remember studying something like this in a psych class I took in college. Although I forget what it's called it has something to do with mixing in your own biases and what you hear from the people around you and how that can easily influence your opinion over something you had very little information about originally.
Bottom line is, this video began in the middle of the incident. We don't know what really happened before. For all we know he could have been a normal cheerful customer until she brought out the attitude. Likewise he could have been harassing her, in which case her attitude would have been fully justified.
Humanity would be much better off if people would just be able to judge situations on the facts rather than their emotions. The proper response to this video would be ignoring it because it doesn't give us enough information.
"
Regardless of what he did, she is the employee and must act professionally as she represents the company. For her to threaten to give out his information to the other people there, joking or not, is the problem.

FTR, that guy was a douche and I fucking HATE customers like that.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
"You threatened to give my public information out". That sounds like an oxymoron. The email part sure, but if you're putting your information on a business card, then technically its not private and subject to anyone's use. She just stoked the fire a little with the email comment, but everything else is fair game.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Regardless of what he did, she is the employee and must act professionally as she represents the company. For her to threaten to give out his information to the other people there, joking or not, is the problem.

You're totally right, she was technically "in the wrong" because it's her job to deal with these situations in a professional manner and she failed to do that. I really like that comment though because of how many people keep taking sides or spouting opinions about the two individuals when we really don't have enough knowledge to form a valid opinion. Very applicable to how people act in balance/tier list/anythreadreally here on tym.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Just give the fucking proper ID and be done with it.

Brain dead fucking society.

I fear for the future of the world.

Back in my fathers or grandfathers day someone would have knocked his teeth out for being a stuck up bitch over something ridiculous.

If you don't like gamestops business policy, then go somewhere else. They make the rules to abide by laws that they have to follow.

She should get a raise and a promotion.

I broke my back... It's spinal.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

i agree about the giving info out part, but i really hate the part where these employees represent the company. i am in my own business, i used to work at a walgreens and i realized i am way smarter than that. now i don;t have a boss and answer to no one and i love it. the #1 reason is because of shit like this. gamestop pays there employees minimum wage to be the front of everything for a store, yet the higher up, like VP SVP CEO COO etc run the company and make all the money. i know how that works, am just saying its bullshit when you hire a human to represent your company to endure stress for $7.50 and hour part time and deal with all the bullshit and no matter how good or bad you work, you get that same $7.50 an hour. the profit margin for companies are huge, but they pay more for advertisement per year than wages sometimes. i will never work retail ever again and am 21 lol

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
i agree about the giving info out part, but i really hate the part where these employees represent the company. i am in my own business, i used to work at a walgreens and i realized i am way smarter than that. now i don;t have a boss and answer to no one and i love it. the #1 reason is because of shit like this. gamestop pays there employees minimum wage to be the front of everything for a store, yet the higher up, like VP SVP CEO COO etc run the company and make all the money. i know how that works, am just saying its bullshit when you hire a human to represent your company to endure stress for $7.50 and hour part time and deal with all the bullshit and no matter how good or bad you work, you get that same $7.50 an hour. the profit margin for companies are huge, but they pay more for advertisement per year than wages sometimes. i will never work retail ever again and am 21 lol
Don't blame you at all I worked retail and fast food before I joined the military, the shit employees put up with is asinine and no where near worth what they get paid. I have also read that most employees absolutely despised Gamestop when they worked for them.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
In Canada you don't have to give out personal information like that. RCMP will contact the employee if its needed. Good on him for standing up for himself though. That is not how a customer should be treated regardless of situation

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Dude was a nerdy douche. He was probably pissed because the GameStop employee was preventing him from going home and getting the only pussy he ever gets - from the strippers on GTAV (assuming the bouncers don't kick him out for groping the strippers too much).

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Customer gets put on blast for being a dumbass by perfectly rational employee trying to deal with a very stressful situation. The customer is not always right.
Customers are hardly ever right...and I work in HealthCare. I just think the standard of business and convenience for the consumers have gone down, especially in this generation. I mean, it's a four man operation at some coffee shops to pay with a $20...lol.

Haha top comment "There's a reason she's working at gamestop at 35 years of age". Years back I had a friend pre order Age of Conan from gamestop, we went to pick the game up and they didn't have it in stock, they said it must have gone missing or something. We asked for a refund as Target had the game in stock the employee said she couldn't do it (Mind you she had been giving us attitude the entire time) so I asked to speak to a manager. We then got our refund and I haven't supported the franchise since. Made no sense to me as to why you would pre-order something and then for them not to have it in stock, on top of that Walmart and Target had better in store stock than the actual store that specializes in video games. I ordered GTA V on Amazon, no lines, no arguing, came right to my mailbox.

yea exactly.

both are idiots but unfortunately only the employee will actually be punished for it.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Honestly though... Emotions aside you wouldn't understand the situation if you've never worked in retail or fast food. This happens every other day to some people.