What's new

Elbow Dash Punishment Guide

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Woo Kang - 213 is waaay better. b3 is 10 frames, while 2 is eight, you'll need all the "leeway" you can get.

Sektor - I'm pretty sure 1(2)b2 doesn't connect. Only the one will it, the 2 will whiff, and you'll be blocking the b2. I could be wrong, as I don't main Sektor.

Nice guide Chongo, only I can't abuse it now. :(

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Punishing dash with a 10f move isn't so hard you may want to take a quicker option. b3 works just fine.
I never said it was bad, but in the OP Chongo said "best" punishment. 2 is eight frames, b3 is 10 frames. 2 is better, and leads to about the same amount of damage if not more.

b3 works fine, but you'll probably have more success with 2. That's all I meant.

LEGEND

YES!
Orly? I didn't know that. I'll fix it.
a quick dash before 12B1 usually fixes the problem or you can just go with B34, its slower but it won't miss

i wouldn't go for 2 or 21 as punishment cause even those wiff on a properly spaced Elbow dash and don't always connect in time if you dash in to do them

overall i'd say canceling a dash into 12B1 is the best option. Online though i'd play it safe with 11B1

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Woo Kang - 213 is waaay better. b3 is 10 frames, while 2 is eight, you'll need all the "leeway" you can get.

Sektor - I'm pretty sure 1(2)b2 doesn't connect. Only the one will it, the 2 will whiff, and you'll be blocking the b2. I could be wrong, as I don't main Sektor.

Nice guide Chongo, only I can't abuse it now. :(
You can dash in and get it off in time, or try b2 into the tele-cut with a 2 frame window.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Just went into practice mode to make sure I was right.

It's 121, shocker, f2, vicinity blast, 334, superman and it's 33 percent damage. I'm not sure how to figure up the leeway.
DA LEEZWAY FORMULA- Elbow Dash on block is -15. Raidens standing one is 9.
15-9= 6 frame leeway.