What's new

Ed Boon talks about improved Netcode/ deconfirms stage fatalities, Microtransactions and more

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Let's face it....you all stopped doing stage fatalities 2 weeks after the game was released. I couldn't care less about them. Furthermore, stage Brutalities will take their place anyway.

Also good to see some of us still bitching that the shitty tag mode wasn't implemented as well.

Good netcode > tag + stage Fatalities

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
How many of you are curious to see the Cage alt/skin that Boon said was hands down the best in the game.... ?????

My very first thought is that its a Jack Torrance alt (Jack Nicholson's char) from "The Shining".

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There's stage brutalities so no real need for stage fatalities. Anyone hype for Blanche brutality?

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I'll admit, I was pretty sad Tag Team was gone, but lets face it, if they improve on the netcode, I'll take the loss.

I'd rather have a working online 1v1 ecosystem, then offline tag team.

Plus, it might come back in a future MK game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I can't believe no one is talking about how Jason will he his own "Jason Tower" which will allow you to play as him through a set of fights; even if you don't own him.

This is awesome, because it will allow everyone to get a taste of him before buying. Basically a character trial. What if they do that with all DLC characters? That would be even more awesome...
Writing an article on this now.

catdurid

Noob
Is anyone else pissed to find out NRS isn't making the PC version?

I mean wtf. I could swear I heard they were making the PC version along with the next gen consoles.

This is a god damn disappointment.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
This is weird because in this french magazine on MKX :

They're saying we can actually do some stage fatality depends of the stage. :/

Kratilim

Noob

Didn't Ed also "lie" about babalities not being in MK9? Wouldn't surprise me if he did it again here to surprise players. Although, another possibility is that they were present in an unfinished build but removed them for some reason. Third possibility is that the magazine just interpreted something wrong. We'll simply have to wait and see.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

It says you can do a Stage Fatality using the interactables, I'm assuming it actually means a Stage Brutality like the Kombat Tether mentioned.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It says you can do a Stage Fatality using the interactables, I'm assuming it actually means a Stage Brutality like the Kombat Tether mentioned.
Well see, I didn't pay attention to the end of the article. So Stage brutality were leaked, it's now confirmed.