What's new

Ed Boon talks about improved Netcode/ deconfirms stage fatalities, Microtransactions and more

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm aware this video has been posted up already, but I thought we'd talk about the two big pieces of info brought on by the interview.

Looks like we finally have Ed speaking about one of the hot button issues on TYM. He goes out on a limb and calls it improved from Injustice. Also, he seems to be unsure what fatalities have been announced already when he deconfirms stage fatalities. Is there another kind of fatality left to be discovered?

HOT TOPICS:
  • 8:40 netcode
  • 14:15 microtransactions de-confirmed by Ed Boon
  • 15:05 mobile game confirmed to be developed by sparate team
  • Boon says the Johnny Cage skin that you unlock in the mobile game is by far the "coolest skin in the game".
  • 20:28 last gen delay details
Credit: @BenGmanUk

Additionallly...

Deconfirm stage fatalities @ 7:57

"AngryJoe: Are there going to be any substantial changes to the netcode? Are you guaranteeing that it's going to be improved?

Ed Boon: Oh yeah, yeah, it's going to be improved over MK9 certainly, improved over Injustice. We really are focusing a lot on it, as well as the messaging [you get when something happens in online mode].

One of the problems MK9 had when we first launched it, was that it just kind of had this vague message -- connection was lost -- without ever telling you exactly what happened. So that was a lot of what we were trying to address.

And then we were also just doing what we can to connect people better, between players with good connections, so that somebody with a bad connection isn't kind of just alone.

AngryJoe: I play a lot with my fans online. I love the 100-player rooms because I could fill up a 100-player room and then just play with people individually -- are we still going to see that kind of stuff?

Ed Boon: Yeah, absolutely."

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
*scratches chin* I wonder what they Johnny skin may look like...

Boon seemed to be too happy with his statement about it being one of the best skins in the game.

It better be worth the hype!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Injustice simply needed to be a step above where it was to be good imo. Hopefully MKX is there...especially since online kind of matters now with the esl tournaments for cash and to make it to the offline finals.....$50k boys.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So vague, but the wording used gives me hope for the netcode. >.<

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Well he said it'll be better than both MK9's and Injustice's netcode so I am hopeful.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I can't believe no one is talking about how Jason will he his own "Jason Tower" which will allow you to play as him through a set of fights; even if you don't own him.

This is awesome, because it will allow everyone to get a taste of him before buying. Basically a character trial. What if they do that with all DLC characters? That would be even more awesome...