What's new

Ed Boon MKX Interview and Gameplay with Machinima

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
1:53 The person playing Sub Zero does a move that looks like a MB F3 in Injustice; with armor and all. Very interesting.
I don't know if you're speculating that perhaps MB F3/B3-type moves are in the game, but in case you are...

Ice Hammer looks to simply be one of his specials in Cryomancer. The flashing appears to be the indicator for all Enhanced moves so far. You can see in other footage that the Ice Hammer puts the opponent on the ground while the Enhanced version launches.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So Raiden confirmed? I don't really care about Raiden, but looks like he's confirmed, since Boon has mentioned him several times. What if the "hotwire" is about him?

eolson3

Noob
One example I can think of is Tom Clancey's End War.

It had an online mode in which players who won a battle with a particular faction would have that battle count towards the faction's world-wide score. And then every day control would shift among factions in accordance with which faction's players where winning the most. So the next day, things like the map in which the matches would take place if you did ranked would be in accordance with the game's shifting borders and territorial control.

So maybe this- except you'd have Netherrealm, Earthrealm, Outworld, and the other realms like Khaos and Order- and character wins from each count towards that realm.
This is what I assumed as well. Hasn't this appeared in something else? I swear it was in some kind of fighting game.

And how is End War? I see it for like $3, and I like strategy games that are not super complicated.

E

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I don't know if you're speculating that perhaps MB F3/B3-type moves are in the game
Yeah thats what I meant. If I am not mistaken, it has the same visual/sound effect as the MB F3/B3 moves in Injustice. I honestly dont know how I feel about that type of move being in MKX (not saying it is, just saying IF it is). It could be good, and it could be bad.

ChaosTheory

Yeah thats what I meant. If I am not mistaken, it has the same visual/sound effect as the MB F3/B3 moves in Injustice. I honestly dont know how I feel about that type of move being in MKX (not saying it is, just saying IF it is). It could be good, and it could be bad.
I don't think there's a universal move like that (at least not that's been revealed to us). Again, I just think that's an Enhanced special from Cryomancer Sub-Zero. The sound effect you're talking about is only a placeholder sound for X-Rays from what I've seen so far. They'll likely change that in later builds.

I agree with the half of you that doesn't want that type of universal move in the game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Raiden has to be in.

Also, few things I've noticed from this interview via the video.

Scorpion apparently has that Kenshi sword move or one like it(ironic he had a similar animation in MK DA way back)

They haven't included an invisible option yet? That's interesting....I hope they do because then it's going to be a counterpicking frenzy. At least if someone goes invisible the player who always counterpicks can't sit there like "hmm if he picks this guy, I'll pick that guy" for ten years lol
Yeah, I noticed Scorpion do a new overhead-looking kick into Kenshi's B+2 (I may have the input wrong, it's the move where Kenshi turns backward and thrusts his sword toward the opponent's mid-section).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I noticed Scorpion do a new overhead-looking kick into Kenshi's B+2 (I may have the input wrong, it's the move where Kenshi turns backward and thrusts his sword toward the opponent's mid-section).
Yep that's the same one! Kind of cool. Man when the game comes out I'm going to be so pumped and excited what style to try out first for my favorite characters lol

cyke_out

Noob
That persistent online mode sounds like soul caliber 2's conquest mode. Which is a thing that needs to be in an online fighter.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Blindpick? all you have to do is go hidden and press random. But of course thats only for pussies. But I do that to troll ppl sometimes when I'm drunk.

Ice clone eats projectiles? Excellent. The more gameplay I see of the new characters, the more excited I become. I think NRS is gonna knock this one out of the park.

ChaosTheory

I for one am completely in for MB B3's or something similar that is universal for all of the cast. The armor situation in MK9 was disappointing at best for a lot of characters. MKX is looking really good. I hope they bring back all of the survivors from MK9 though. If at least Raiden makes it I'll be happy.
The problem with MK9's armor system was that there was too fucking much of it. Some characters, like Kenshi, just had too much of it... and some characters, like Sonya, had it applied to moves that led to big damage.

Armor seems like it'd be better if it were limited to X-Rays and then maybe like one move per character. And that move should be like a Scorpion Takedown, Sub-Zero Slide, Jax Dash Punch, Johnny Cage Flash Kick, etc. Not a safe launcher.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't know if you're speculating that perhaps MB F3/B3-type moves are in the game, but in case you are...

Ice Hammer looks to simply be one of his specials in Cryomancer. The flashing appears to be the indicator for all Enhanced moves so far. You can see in other footage that the Ice Hammer puts the opponent on the ground while the Enhanced version launches.
It's interesting to see that a bunch of characters seem to have ground bounce-style moves so far. Ex: D'vorah at 2:45, and Kotal Kahn's ground slam bounce thing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
A few things:

1. Boon doesn't end the sentence where he mentions Raiden with "you know, if he were to end up in the game" or something along those lines so yeah he could pretty much be confirmed.
2. Sub Zero's clone eats projectiles? Interesting....
3. I'm wondering how you, if you can, get rid of Kotals totems since they don't seem to be in front of the characters but rather at the side

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
What I got from the vid that I didn't know before is that D'Vorah apparently plays a huge role in the story....

Hmm...
Yeah I noticed that too, also noticed he mentioned that basically a lot characters will be staying dead this time around :(

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
In the vid Cassie runs forward and has time to block Sub-Zero's ice ball. Will you all shut the fuck up about the lack of dash blocking now.