What's new

Ed Boon MKX Interview and Gameplay with Machinima

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Ed Boon's interview with Machinima posted today with gameplay!

Two major points: Boon mentions a possible blindpick option for counterpicking and he also mentions Raiden twice. There are some very good and different questions asked in this interview!

Edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
"Persistent online mode that everybody is going to participate in"...

uuuuggghhh I'm dying to know what this is!!!!
I very curious to when I first read I feared they were going the direction of online only, but Boon said in an interview, SP is there, anyway I wish they could start trickling some more details out.

Anyone catch what he said about Sub-Zero's clone variant between 1:39-1:44? Here's my transcription:
EB: "An ice clone that he can throw at the opponent, or kind of hide behind, projectiles g--"

I don't know if he caught himself and didn't want to finish that sentence, or if the editing cut him off, or what, but it kind of sounds like he's going to say that projectiles get stopped by the clone.

I very curious to when I first read I feared they were going the direction of online only, but Boon said in an interview, SP is there, anyway I wish they could start trickling some more details out.
One example I can think of is Tom Clancey's End War.

It had an online mode in which players who won a battle with a particular faction would have that battle count towards the faction's world-wide score. And then every day control would shift among factions in accordance with which faction's players where winning the most. So the next day, things like the map in which the matches would take place if you did ranked would be in accordance with the game's shifting borders and territorial control.

So maybe this- except you'd have Netherrealm, Earthrealm, Outworld, and the other realms like Khaos and Order- and character wins from each count towards that realm.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone catch what he said about Sub-Zero's clone variant between 1:39-1:44? Here's my transcription:
EB: "An ice clone that he can throw at the opponent, or kind of hide behind, projectiles g--"

I don't know if he caught himself and didn't want to finish that sentence, or if the editing cut him off, or what, but it kind of sounds like he's going to say that projectiles get stopped by the clone.
Good catch! Yeah, he definitely says "and projectiles get...".

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@ 2:28

He straight up says Raiden will be playable in the game lol.

He talks about RaidenC going against ScorpionB variant. He's usually been very careful to day Subzero or Ferra/Torr when that conversation comes up.

No surprise though. Raiden is playable.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

In the Sub-Zero vs Dvorah match that was on Gamespot, there was a part that looked like one of her bugs crawling on the floor hit and popped his ice clone, but it also happened like 3 frames before she jump kicked him in the face, so I wasn't sure, but it does seem like it.

Here I made a slowed down gif of it.

Bug and clone pop right before she hits him.

Last edited:

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
1:53 The person playing Sub Zero does a move that looks like a MB F3 in Injustice; with armor and all. Very interesting.

"Persistent online game mode" sounds to me like a full-fledged clan/tournament system with different challenges. Good interview.

In the Sub-Zero vs Dvorah match that was on Gamespot, there was a part that looked like one of her bugs crawling on the floor hit and popped his ice clone, but it also happened like 3 frames before she jump kicked him in the face, so I wasn't sure, but it does seem like it.

Here I made a slowed down gif of it.

Bug and clone pop right before she hits him.
Great spot! I think you're absolutely right. That's awesome for Subby!

One example I can think of is Tom Clancey's End War.

It had an online mode in which players who won a battle with a particular faction would have that battle count towards the faction's world-wide score. And then every day control would shift among factions in accordance with which faction's players where winning the most. So the next day, things like the map in which the matches would take place if you did ranked would be in accordance with the game's shifting borders and territorial control.

So maybe this- except you'd have Netherrealm, Earthrealm, Outworld, and the other realms like Khaos and Order- and character wins from each count towards that realm.
I loved that game wish they make another

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Raiden has to be in.

Also, few things I've noticed from this interview via the video.

Scorpion apparently has that Kenshi sword move or one like it(ironic he had a similar animation in MK DA way back)

They haven't included an invisible option yet? That's interesting....I hope they do because then it's going to be a counterpicking frenzy. At least if someone goes invisible the player who always counterpicks can't sit there like "hmm if he picks this guy, I'll pick that guy" for ten years lol