What's new

Ed Boon Hints At New MKX Screenshot And Video!

khrome

Master of The Universe
Awesome! I can't wait to be more hype for this game! But...

Why do people keep asking boon for a trailer instead of gameplay?? Hes going to keep trolling with that picture if we ask for a trailer
Yes what people should be asking for are 'gameplay trailers'.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Awesome! I can't wait to be more hype for this game! But...

Why do people keep asking boon for a trailer instead of gameplay?? Hes going to keep trolling with that picture if we ask for a trailer
if we ask for gameplay he'll just ignore it so i doesn't really matter

Alec

Noob
I really hope it's a Kung Lao vs Goro gameplay video, after all, those aren't reveal videos, but will be very welcomed nonetheless.
If it's not that, then I hope it's at least a Kung Lao OR Goro gameplay video.

Alec

Noob
I actually don't see the need of announcing a screenshot. It's not something worth announcing, I think, you should just release it. If you're doing it, you should at least post it soon after, otherwise, you'll just create hype that'll (most likely) lead to disappointment, mainly because it's just a screen shot and not even a reveal. It would be even worse if, for some reason, you could not reveal it when you stated you would.

Don't misunderstand me though, I am not mad at all, actually, I'm surprisingly calm. However, I really can't see what was the point of announcing/teasing a screenshot. On the other hand, I'm curious to see this screenshot, only to see if it's really something worth announcing.

shig

kool guy
You guys are all thirsty for info but you gotta be aware how much info we're gonna get from now on. Comics weekly, stream this month, and we are getting REALLY close to release.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You guys are all thirsty for info but you gotta be aware how much info we're gonna get from now on. Comics weekly, stream this month, and we are getting REALLY close to release.
I'm just wondering when "soon" becomes "now".
The next character reveal will be the ninja named Vague. At the select screen, maybe he'll be there - but probably not. For his fight intro, it takes him 3 months to appear on screen. Oh, and his dialogue comes out a few days earlier - but only in Finland.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ brutal chimney- Fans excited or even gamers not hardcore fans of a game who preorder doesn't make them blind.

He said it won't be a reveal.
I know, but kl vs goro isnt new technically. A fireball could be up for speculation but I doubt the pic will be that anyway lol

Last edited:

Alec

Noob
Quality over quantity.:DOGE
I do believe that we're going to see more info from now on, and, to be fair, we've already saw some of it, the Kung Lao reveal, some updates on game modes and even the first issue of the comics.
I believe, the reason a lot of people are still unsatisfied is the lack of a gameplay video and the radical change of pace in the delivery of those in question. Up until October, we were getting updates frequently, many interviews, gameplay footage, other coverage and in top of that, character reveals, namely Raiden, Kano and Quan Chi. The latest character revealed, was on October 2, it's been 3 months, 7 days and counting. The pace of info release, drastically decreased as well, we've seen considerably less gameplay footage than up until then.
Another fact that increased frustration, were the hints from NRS, mainly Ed Boon, which I believe mislead a lot of people into thinking that info would arrive soon. The boots hint for example, shown us 6 unknown boots. Soon after, one of the boots was revealed to be Quan Chi's, it's normal for people to think that we would be getting info on the other five. 3 months later, we know nothing more. The only update we got on that matter, was a month (and 2 weeks) later, the Jack Nicholson hint. It only added to the problem, it lead people to believe, once again, that we would soon get another reveal, we got Kung Lao on a magazine after another month (and 2 weeks). Not only we didn't get a video, as, apparently, he wasn't one of the 5 remaining boots.
Ofcourse, a stream being cancelled didn't help. It was postponed to January. 9 days into January and no info on the date of the stream that was supposed to be in December, and when will we get that screen shot again??

Like I said before, unlike some though, I'm not mad. I would NEVER even LIE about not getting the game, much less threaten. Not because of this at least.
What I'm saying is just that I understand the need for info, even though I expected it to be less now that we're getting somethings, and I believe it'll only get better.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
You are on a competitive fighting game website dedicated to Mortal Kombat talking about how you are indecisive about buying the game and are insulted that they are offering you a free character to preorder a game that you are in NO WAY OBLIGATED TO ACTUALLY PURCHASE UPON RELEASE.
The fact this is a competitive website & people are just accepting a whole entire character is preorder exclusive is suspect. PO exclusive characters have long been a bane for competitive players, this is the first time I've seen people be so pro this option. And yes not showing any footage for your PO exclusive character at all yet is suspect, not everyone is gonna wanna instantly dive into the game for a variety of reasons thus leaving his status as a character who could be available for play in tournaments up for debate. Think about making sure all your consoles are gonna have him for tournaments from a TO perspective.

But it's Goro, someone who we've not been able to play from MK1 till now.
MK Trilogy, MK Gold, MK Deception, MK Armegeddon. Come on now

Dark

Noob
Reposting here what I posted on MkOnline

I feel like the screenshot thing was a joke. He was making fun of how everyone is begging for more news by saying he's just going to post one screenshot that doesn't confirm anything and acting excited about it. Then announcing the video.
The video is the real thing coming.

What I meant by that was him saying something like:

"Hey you guys, after all your waiting, you're only getting a screenshot!"

"Just kidding you get a full amazing video!"