What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Going through the thread I haven't seen much talk of air to air or anti air combos. D'vorah's ji1 has great range and beats a huge amount of jumpins. So does her njp.

NJP Anti Air combos:
Njp, f34, f44, Ovi charge 26% (the easiest)
Njp (slight wait), f44, f112, Ovi charge 27%
Njp, F44, run, F44 Ovi charge 30%

J1 Anti Air Combos:
Ji1, (slight wait) F112, Ovi charge 17%
Ji1, run, F44, F112, Ovi charge 26%.

D'vorah Rules the air with her reach. Also on most all the combo videos I've seen using f34, d1, f44 in them. It's slightly more difficult on execution but you get an extra percent if you do F34, F44. It doesn't scale at all.

Here's my Swarm Queen BnB video, mostly made up of other people's stuff in this thread because I couldn't figure out anything better that wasn't outside of my execution range. After 11b2, f44 you can do a run cancel into another f44~Charge but I got it like once in a hundred tries or so.

11b2, f44, f112~Charge 28% Hitconfirm
212~Swarm, Dash, nj2, Walk Forward, f44~Grenade Cancel, f44~Charge 34% Hitconfirm
f11~Grenade Cancel, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 33% Hitconfirm
nj2, f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, b12~Air Throw 34% Hitconfirm
b1~Grenade Cancel 11b2, f44, f112~Charge 27% Low
f22~Grenade Cancel, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 34% Overhead
Grenade, Run, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 36%
Swarm, Run, f44, f44~Charge 32%
f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, 1, f44~Charge 36% 14f Punish
f11~Grenade(Ex), Jump Back, fj2, f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, 1, f44!Charge 45% Hitconfirm (1 meter)
f11~Grenade(Ex), Jump Back, fj2, f44, 1, f44, 1, 21u3~Air Throw 48% Corner Hitconfrim (1 meter)

KillaGthug4Life

Here's my Swarm Queen BnB video, mostly made up of other people's stuff in this thread because I couldn't figure out anything better that wasn't outside of my execution range. After 11b2, f44 you can do a run cancel into another f44~Charge but I got it like once in a hundred tries or so.

11b2, f44, f112~Charge 28% Hitconfirm
212~Swarm, Dash, nj2, Walk Forward, f44~Grenade Cancel, f44~Charge 34% Hitconfirm
f11~Grenade Cancel, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 33% Hitconfirm
nj2, f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, b12~Air Throw 34% Hitconfirm
b1~Grenade Cancel 11b2, f44, f112~Charge 27% Low
f22~Grenade Cancel, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 34% Overhead
Grenade, Run, 212~Swarm, Walk Forward, f44, f44~Charge 36%
Swarm, Run, f44, f44~Charge 32%
f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, 1, f44~Charge 36% 14f Punish
f11~Grenade(Ex), Jump Back, fj2, f44, f44~Grenade Cancel, 1, f44!Charge 45% Hitconfirm (1 meter)
f11~Grenade(Ex), Jump Back, fj2, f44, 1, f44, 1, 21u3~Air Throw 48% Corner Hitconfrim (1 meter)
Yo, nice vide but I'm have troubles with the double f44 after Swarm. I can typically only hit the first one. Also some troubles inputting the f44 Grenade cancel 1, the timing is weird. Any suggestions?

Yo, nice vide but I'm have troubles with the double f44 after Swarm. I can typically only hit the first one. Also some troubles inputting the f44 Grenade cancel 1, the timing is weird. Any suggestions?
If you watch the Swarm animation, right before it releases them it pops them up a teensy bit higher. Wait until then to hit them. The timing is still really tight. As for the grenade cancels, I'd just practice that part isolated to try and get the timing down. It's tough because you can't buffer the inputs. D'Vorah is super demanding in terms of execution. I would never dream of playing her against other people.

KillaGthug4Life

If you watch the Swarm animation, right before it releases them it pops them up a teensy bit higher. Wait until then to hit them. The timing is still really tight. As for the grenade cancels, I'd just practice that part isolated to try and get the timing down. It's tough because you can't buffer the inputs. D'Vorah is super demanding in terms of execution. I would never dream of playing her against other people.
Honestly, I'm a component of using her slighy less execution heavy combos, you lose like 2-3% damage but her pressure.. Sooo mannyy frame traps

KillaGthug4Life

D'vorah's Swarm Queen pressure is 100% godlike in this variation. Her 2 and her 21 are neutral on block. Her F11 is only -1 on block and her d4 is an 8frame startup that's +19 on hit.

So! Taking all that into account we can throw in some very fun Mixup blockstrings with her WGC (Wasp Grenade Cancel)

F112, WGC, 21 is a frame trap that cannot even be armored out of if done properly. (212 has a gap on the last hit that can be armored). 21 also leaves us neutral on block. I have no idea how big the frame gap is between 212, but supposing the opponent doesn't armor through that then D'vorah can do some stagger string mixups:

F112, WGC, 21, d4. On hit, the d4 gives us a 50/50 mixup, she can dash in for the b12 airthrow (17%) or continue with F22 overhead, which on hit leads to a 32-34% combo (F22, WGC, 212, Swarm, F44, F112, Ovi Charge) OR you can continue frame trap pressure with F112:

F112, WGC, 21, d4, F112, WGC, 21 or 212 or F11
Furthermore, If they expect the d4 after 21, you can just continue into 212 combo which is an overhead. F22 into 212 is unforuntately not a frame trap and can be armored out of, but the timing for the opponent is HELLA strict. Sooo basically you can continue into the 212 shennanigans.

You can repeat the F11, WGC, 21, d4 THREE TIMES before the run bar won't allow you to sprint. Oh, and you can do the 212 to catch them blocking low, if they guess right cancel into Wasp Grenade and backdash. Almost entirely safe.

#ThisBitchIsBroken

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
How do you calculate the frame advantage on run cancelling the WG?
Subby has been my go to character for testing how safe stuff as his slide is 9 frames, personally i haven't been able to get these frame traps to work yet (always get hit, and this isn't even armored ex slide), but obvs early days on the execution so may be that I'm just not getting it right? Also I guess take into account that the computer does the reversal perfectly which is unlikely for a human to do very consistently.

But still, just interested how you calculated this.

I know b12 can cancel into an air throw, what other options are available for ending combos with an air throw? I'm playing the venomous variation.

Thanks

KillaGthug4Life

How do you calculate the frame advantage on run cancelling the WG?
Subby has been my go to character for testing how safe stuff as his slide is 9 frames, personally i haven't been able to get these frame traps to work yet (always get hit, and this isn't even armored ex slide), but obvs early days on the execution so may be that I'm just not getting it right? Also I guess take into account that the computer does the reversal perfectly which is unlikely for a human to do very consistently.

But still, just interested how you calculated this.
There is some math to it with the pushblock F112 do does and how neutral it is on block paired with how cancelable the string is, I still haven't figured it out. I just put Subzero on reversal with his armored slide and practiced this string. He couldn't slide between the strings.

I dont know if it has been posted but i made a string which with ticks does 40% dmg.

JIP1>212>DB1>NJ1>F22>DB4

This is for venomous btw you can check the percentages from the poison but i believe it came out to 39.9%dmg

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I dont know if it has been posted but i made a string which with ticks does 40% dmg.

JIP1>212>DB2>NJ1>F21>DB4

This is for venomous btw you can check the percentages from the poison but i believe it came out to 39.9%dmg
What is DB2? You mean DB1?
What string is F21?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
In SQ, after the f1,1,2 if used as an ender they are pushed away almost full screen and can tech roll, delay wake up or do an armored wake up. Since you are far way you can go straight into wasp grenade, if they tech roll, back dash, or delay just throw the grenade and use the +frames to get in and mixup up with f2, or d4. If they armor, back dash cancel and block. I don't know how viable this is but maybe it can be used to close the gap on zoners, if you can't land hard knockdowns.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hey this is the first mk game I have taken seriously. Could someone explain to me what the point of bug cancelling is in SQ
Say your canceling f22, you can combo off of it if it hits. This leads to combos that do more than 40%. If it is blocked and you do the cancel, there are certain followups that they must block or else they will get caught in another combo(namely 21). Once you condition them to block you can then start doing things that are riskier/have a bigger frame gap, like throw for example.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
D'vorah's Swarm Queen pressure is 100% godlike in this variation. Her 2 and her 21 are neutral on block. Her F11 is only -1 on block and her d4 is an 8frame startup that's +19 on hit.

So! Taking all that into account we can throw in some very fun Mixup blockstrings with her WGC (Wasp Grenade Cancel)

F112, WGC, 21 is a frame trap that cannot even be armored out of if done properly. (212 has a gap on the last hit that can be armored). 21 also leaves us neutral on block. I have no idea how big the frame gap is between 212, but supposing the opponent doesn't armor through that then D'vorah can do some stagger string mixups:

F112, WGC, 21, d4. On hit, the d4 gives us a 50/50 mixup, she can dash in for the b12 airthrow (17%) or continue with F22 overhead, which on hit leads to a 32-34% combo (F22, WGC, 212, Swarm, F44, F112, Ovi Charge) OR you can continue frame trap pressure with F112:

F112, WGC, 21, d4, F112, WGC, 21 or 212 or F11
Furthermore, If they expect the d4 after 21, you can just continue into 212 combo which is an overhead. F22 into 212 is unforuntately not a frame trap and can be armored out of, but the timing for the opponent is HELLA strict. Sooo basically you can continue into the 212 shennanigans.

You can repeat the F11, WGC, 21, d4 THREE TIMES before the run bar won't allow you to sprint. Oh, and you can do the 212 to catch them blocking low, if they guess right cancel into Wasp Grenade and backdash. Almost entirely safe.

#ThisBitchIsBroken
Edit: Nvm, I got it after a few tries.

Last edited:
Say your canceling f22, you can combo off of it if it hits. This leads to combos that do more than 40%. If it is blocked and you do the cancel, there are certain followups that they must block or else they will get caught in another combo(namely 21). Once you condition them to block you can then start doing things that are riskier/have a bigger frame gap, like throw for example.
Oh okay Gotcha tthanks

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I was hitting b1 WC combos for like 2 days straight and the last 2 1/2 days I haven't been able to hit b1 WC into anything. Anyone have some tips for hitting and getting consistent with it?

Niddler

Noob
Hey I'm brand new to MK. Picked up X on release and really been enjoying the game. I've only really used D'Vorah Swarm Queen. I thought for my 1st post here why not post a combo video.

This is a 41% damage 1 bar midscreen combo that doesn't use her vortex swarm which I though was interesting. Also you can choose which side you opponent ends up on depending on which jump 1 you use.

Inputs
F11, DF1, UB UF1, F44, F34, 212 DB4
and
F11, DF1, UF1, F44, F34, 212 DB4

Heres pretty much the same combo with her vortex swarm added which gives you 42% damage

Got more videos on my channel and will be adding more as I learn and get better at the game.

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
What's your best punisher ?
Depends on the amount of meter. With one bar, I'm feeling F1, 1 into squigly face- oss, without meter, probably 2,1,2, down back 1 ground bug volcano starter thing.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So yeah D'vorah option select. f11~ex grenade, f2. Gives full combo on hit and f112 which is safe to most of the cast, or bug cancel options on block.

By playing with the timing you can get either f11 or f112 on block.