What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Hey guys, I noticed that in Dvorahs Venomous variation her poison stacks on top of each other every time you hit the opponent with one of her bug legs (those 4 things that come out of her back). From what I got:

These are all what I experienced and cold change for someone else (This was just me hitting down A (Xbox), X (PS4): Sorry but I am horrible with number inputs and don't know them very well...

1 hit is .30%
2 hits .70%
3 hits 1.32%
4 hits 2.07%
5 hits 3.24%
6 hits 4.58%
7 hits 6.82%
8 hits 9.32%
9 hits 14.82%
10 hits 20.83%

Not sure if I am reading something wrong or not but it may be useful to get something out of her venomous variation with the chip fron the poison.

I'm new to dvorah so are there any new easy strings I should start out with learning? Also what's the preferred variation? Swarm since you can get a combo out her vortex move?

Sorry for the questions.

Hey guys, I noticed that in Dvorahs Venomous variation her poison stacks on top of each other every time you hit the opponent with one of her bug legs (those 4 things that come out of her back). From what I got:

These are all what I experienced and cold change for someone else (This was just me hitting down A (Xbox), X (PS4): Sorry but I am horrible with number inputs and don't know them very well...

1 hit is .30%
2 hits .70%
3 hits 1.32%
4 hits 2.07%
5 hits 3.24%
6 hits 4.58%
7 hits 6.82%
8 hits 9.32%
9 hits 14.82%
10 hits 20.83%

Not sure if I am reading something wrong or not but it may be useful to get something out of her venomous variation with the chip fron the poison.

I'm new to dvorah so are there any new easy strings I should start out with learning? Also what's the preferred variation? Swarm since you can get a combo out her vortex move?

Sorry for the questions.
Don't apologize for asking questions! About her posion stacks, I am not entirely sure. But with her easy strings, in the description in the video I posted is her bnb. It takes time to get used to but it's really good! It is a high low mixup into 31% mid screen no bar. My favorite variation for her is Swarm Queen but they all have their uses. Venmous one gives you a high low 50/50 mixup. Brood mother gives you a lock down projectiles, and a full screen projectiles. You can combo off of the other variations swarm attack if you meter burn btw. But yeah I use swarm, because you dont have to burn meter to do her bnb

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
I saw someone posted that you can combo b1 into grenade cancel but that shiz is tough. Can d'vorah combo from any lows for decent dmg that are easier to execute or do we just have to suck it up?

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
What are the numbers with relavence to the inputs? I'm on Xbone. Like what button is 1, etc.
1 would be your x (or light punch) 2 is Y (medium punch) 3 is A and 4 is B. So if you wanted to do d'vorah's kick Launch move.. Its be f3>4. Shoulder tackle is f112 etc

I
Is the wasp grenade meter burned?
Nope, you have to cancel it: I wrote grenade wasp xx for the sake of brevity but you have to cancel the granade whilst holding 1 with FF(dash) and then you cancel the dash into a run and the run into 212.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
For anyone who didn't know.. You can hold the opposite side when you do her jump/down+throw (airgrab), You'll also notice the animation change.

Last edited:

CuteTricks

Some call me Mr. Taxi
Regarding venemous , So do the stacks only accumulate when an attack hits? or does it still stack if my opponent blocks said move? Could potentially be dangerous, I think, with the right amount of stacks. I was wondering why sometimes my combos randomly gained 5 percent damage lol.

So far I'm really enjoying venemous, although her combo potential is lacking due to her lack of bug grenade cancel and swarm db+1 pickup. :(

Regarding venemous , So do the stacks only accumulate when an attack hits? or does it still stack if my opponent blocks said move? Could potentially be dangerous, I think, with the right amount of stacks. I was wondering why sometimes my combos randomly gained 5 percent damage lol.

So far I'm really enjoying venemous, although her combo potential is lacking due to her lack of bug grenade cancel and swarm db+1 pickup. :(
edited out. i stand corrected !

i originally played venomous but switched to swarm queen because of the combos. once things get more figured out though i plan on learning all 3 variations

Last edited:

Anne

Noob

So, this isn't optimized, this is just a quick proof of concept. Off f22, you're not limited to just 212, you can get anything up to f4(15f) providing your execution is good enough. The run cancels give a lot of wiggle room into what you want to do next. Off f11, you can do basically whatever, and off b1 you can do more than just 11b2, but it's fucking hard. I've gotten b1 to combo into f11 twice, so I know it's possible but I can't conceive how you'd actually go about doing that.

CuteTricks

Some call me Mr. Taxi
pretty sure it stacks. try using Bug Blast ( DF1 ) against an opponent blocking and look at the damage it does :O

i originally played venomous but switched to swarm queen because of the combos. once things get more figured out though i plan on learning all 3 variations
I wish I had the game so I could continue testing > . <

I played earlier today, and I didn't notice any increase in damage from df1 on block(although I wasn't really paying any special attention to the amount of damage it was doing, I just know that it chips quite a lot.) In fact, I didn't even consider that her df+1 would apply stacks. I just thought it was only her spider leg moves.

Which gets me thinking, I wonder if her ground throws apply stacks as well? that could be dangerous too.

I was kinda disappointed with her combo potential, but now that I know about the stacking, you can easily make up for it with the right amount of stabbing people in the face with d+4's, d+3's, and f+2,2's. Especially in the corner. Imagine 4-5 stacks off of right guessing into f+2,2 df+1 hold, and they're put back into the same position. This variation is all about pressure, to me at least.(although I'm probably not qualified to make that assumption, since this is my first MK game. I'm actually a competitive Tekken player :D this is my first 2-D game ^_^)

Also is the throw in this combo breakable?

Could also open up tons of damage depending on A: if that throw applies stacks and B: how Long before stacks stop accumulating.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Only on hits.

I'm trying to find setups that max venom damage, her F43 can connect into her F22 but I can't get it consistently. End it with her DB3, you get a guaranteed 5% on a 19% combo. And if y'all didn't know if you end any combo with DF1 you get a quickstand setup

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I wish I had the game so I could continue testing > . <

I played earlier today, and I didn't notice any increase in damage from df1 on block(although I wasn't really paying any special attention to the amount of damage it was doing, I just know that it chips quite a lot.) In fact, I didn't even consider that her df+1 would apply stacks. I just thought it was only her spider leg moves.

Which gets me thinking, I wonder if her ground throws apply stacks as well? that could be dangerous too.

I was kinda disappointed with her combo potential, but now that I know about the stacking, you can easily make up for it with the right amount of stabbing people in the face with d+4's, d+3's, and f+2,2's. Especially in the corner. Imagine 4-5 stacks off of right guessing into f+2,2 df+1 hold, and they're put back into the same position. This variation is all about pressure, to me at least.(although I'm probably not qualified to make that assumption, since this is my first MK game. I'm actually a competitive Tekken player :D this is my first 2-D game ^_^)

Also is the throw in this combo breakable?

Could also open up tons of damage depending on A: if that throw applies stacks and B: how Long before stacks stop accumulating.
Throws do add stacks, but she doesn't get that cancel in Venomous

CuteTricks

Some call me Mr. Taxi
She gets f+2,2 df1 as a combo. It's decent damage, more than the actual string, but not as much as the bug cancel she would get in Swarm queen. but it could potentially do more damage with stacks, and it leaves them standing for more juggle/stacking mixup potential.

Unless you're talking about something else when you say she doesn't have that cancel

Now I'm really wondering how long inbetween hits before the poison stops stacking > . < that information could be vital for max damage potential with her.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
She gets f+2,2 df1 as a combo. It's decent damage, more than the actual string, but not as much as the bug cancel she would get in Swarm queen. but it could potentially do more damage with stacks, and it leaves them standing for more juggle/stacking mixup potential.

Unless you're talking about something else when you say she doesn't have that cancel

Now I'm really wondering how long inbetween hits before the poison stops stacking > . < that information could be vital for max damage potential with her.
I was looking at another video, my bad :p. From what I've seen, it's a flat 5 seconds. If you get another hit with her ovipostor on second 2, the last 3 seconds will have the increased damage, but it does not add time. If you get a hit on second 5, the stacks still reset

Three Treasures

Black Hole
So I'm guessing df1 cnacelling is only a swarm queen thing? Can it be done with brood mother df1? Doesn't seem like it.

And I doubt you'll be getting much poison damage in comboes with venomous. Most of the time it's just better to do an actual combo then try and stack poison.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So I'm guessing df1 cnacelling is only a swarm queen thing? Can it be done with brood mother df1? Doesn't seem like it.

And I doubt you'll be getting much poison damage in comboes with venomous. Most of the time it's just better to do an actual combo then try and stack poison.
Too early to say that. And for practical combos you can get an easy additional 5% free, not to mention just having good footsies can stack the damage up. GOTTA THINK BIG MAN!

CuteTricks

Some call me Mr. Taxi
If MK is anything at all like tekken, then poking people with her long range venom tools repeatedly and baiting people into doing something dumb so that you can combo them for good poison stacks seems very reasonable and safe. Not to mention that if they insist on not being baited, then you're pretty much controlling the momentum and flow of the match, which is a very good thing.

That's just from my perspective.

Although in tekken, combo starters are usually unsafe or are super negative, or very slow and the use of constantly going for combo starters to begin your offense is pretty impractical(Risk/reward and all.) Not quite sure how it is in MK though, it seems like a lot of things in this game give combos for no apparent reason, as long as they hit lol.