What's new

Downloading the FREE DLC

tweek

Noob
Ok the topic of this thread is pretty much selfexplanatory. I want to talk all the people here into downloading the FREE compatibility packs for online play. It is very frustrating for people who intend to main or just enjoy Rain, Kenshi or Scarlet to have to hit the back seat because some people are unwilling to devote 2 mins of their time to download and install something that is offered to them for FREE.
PLUS it is unfair to the people who paid for the downloadable chars to take money from them and not allow them to actually use the char they paid for.

What might be the motivation behind not downloading the compatibility pack. Is it being afraid of the downloadable characters? This is the only reason that comes to my mind but I cant believe someone prides himself for shirking opportunities to learn viable strategies against new opponents.

And if NRs decide to allow people not to download these patches then they should at least create the "kick" option from the said king of the hill lobby. I mean if I create the lobby i deserve the right to decide.

I do not mean to be disrespectful, I do not mean to whine, this issue does not even concern me personally but I'm posting on behalf of some friends who are affected by this. So guys plz take that into consideration and download what's serve to you on a silver platter.

shura30

Shura
this should work another way,
since not everyone has a capable hard disk

(yeah yeah don't start some 'they're cheap, they're basically throwing high capacity hard disks at you' some people just don't want to spend money)

as far as it sounds bad, players without compatibility pack shouldn't be allowed (via settings of course) to join rooms or matches
just like it already works in other games

Bizkit

Noob
I was in a lobby that was named RainOnly, and we had a KOTH room that was almost full, and then some guy came in laughing, saying "I don't think you guys will be playing with Rain anymore". He was the only one without the DLC or compatibility pack.

Really pissed me off. I had a 5 win streak going on with Rain only.

tweek

Noob
Thats one of the things I'm talking about. And the argument about hd capacity is not a viable one as 50 meg per patch is not that big of a deal. If you buy a game these days you have to be aware of the fact that patches will appear and the same goes about PC gamers.

I say either make compatibility patches compulsory and automatically downloaded when signed in or give more rights to the KotH creator. Please.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shouldnt have a choice for these. to access online, you should be forced to update or never connect online.

edit: i am talking about the Compat packs, not DLC characters. they come seperate.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"It is very frustrating for people who intend to main or just enjoy Rain, Kenshi or Scarlet to have to hit the back seat because some people are unwilling to devote 2 mins of their time to download and install something that is offered to them for FREE."

I'm happy to do this for the characters you mentioned, but I still reserve the right to veto any character that's just so goddamn retarded it beggers belief. So NRS can try all they want to shit Freddy into my lap, but even free is too much for that stupidity. Sorry. As long as I have any choice as to whether to make lame guest characters a part of my gameplay experience or not, I am always, ALWAYS going to opt out. Guest fighters are a goddamn blight on the genre.

And unfair? That's just dumb. If they spent their money not knowing that other players could potentially opt out by not downloading the packs, than they should have done their homework and saved their cash. If you're trying to elicit pity for some poor, dumb (hypothetical) sucker who didn't know it worked that way, it's not working.

tweek

Noob
1) I'm talkin about chars that already are in the game. Freddy is not my cup of coffee anyway, dont care, but if I ask for consequence then it should apply to all like it or not

2) Your argument is pure bollox m8. The last thing that lingers in my mind if I buy a character is the fact that it's gonna be blocked by other players. If you want to play like that these characters should also be forbidden in all tournaments because not all the players get as much opportunity to practice thx to the present state of the matter.

3) The same dumb issue occurs if someone comes to my place and we intend to play tag on one console. 1st player gets to use all chars and the partner can only use the original cast. Whats up with that?

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Here's what i'm thinking, although I could be way off. Patching a game costs money. Soooo the "free compatibility packs" are only a temporary fix (I know, lame). NRS has said when this season of DLC is over they will release a patch taking care of all known issues. I can only assume this official (mandatory) patch will also contain all free compatibility pack fixes. I have my fingers crossed for this anyway.

Plus this way, I can use Freddy online against EVERYONE and get even more hatemail. muahaha :moonwalk:

shura30

Shura
Shouldnt have a choice for these. to access online, you should be forced to update or never connect online.

edit: i am talking about the Compat packs, not DLC characters. they come seperate.
you can't be forced to download additional components

in call of duty for example, if you don't own any additional map pack the matchmaking won't set you up with players with them

they should do the same in mk9
and as for private matches there should be a 'dlc only option' for room creators

Ayx

Omnipresent
Why don't they add some miniscule hotfix in it so it can be a forced Download? I guess it's not forced since it's only for the DLC and it's not enhancing the game at all.

That's the problem with giving people choices sometimes, there's always the rough end where people can't take a few minutes to get a small pack... and two free costumes. .-.

Tim Static

Adminerator
you can't be forced to download additional components

in call of duty for example, if you don't own any additional map pack the matchmaking won't set you up with players with them

they should do the same in mk9
and as for private matches there should be a 'dlc only option' for room creators
yes, it should be patched. not the DLC characters, just everything else.

Kwon

---->----
It's hilarious that i STILL encounter (Not just one but many!) people who havent downloaded Compatibility Pack 1 yet! LOL :D

Always amazes me when i just see Kratos down there at Selectionscreen.

I have had to message alot of players telling them about the free compatibilitypacks.

tweek

Noob
I'd also love the fix to allow two players playing on the same console to use the perks from the downloads. I mean the problem where the "Guest" cannot utilise downloadable characters and skins. As far as the latter is just a cosmetic issue, the first one is just a pain in the neck. And tbh what is the point of releasing a compatibility pack as a separate pack if it is not necessary to play anyway?

Theme

Noob
"It is very frustrating for people who intend to main or just enjoy Rain, Kenshi or Scarlet to have to hit the back seat because some people are unwilling to devote 2 mins of their time to download and install something that is offered to them for FREE."

I'm happy to do this for the characters you mentioned, but I still reserve the right to veto any character that's just so goddamn retarded it beggers belief. So NRS can try all they want to shit Freddy into my lap, but even free is too much for that stupidity. Sorry. As long as I have any choice as to whether to make lame guest characters a part of my gameplay experience or not, I am always, ALWAYS going to opt out. Guest fighters are a goddamn blight on the genre.

And unfair? That's just dumb. If they spent their money not knowing that other players could potentially opt out by not downloading the packs, than they should have done their homework and saved their cash. If you're trying to elicit pity for some poor, dumb (hypothetical) sucker who didn't know it worked that way, it's not working.
Now your just being selfish and ignorant. You shouldnt have a choice, it should be mandatory. You are in the minority, therefore, you're opinion shouldn't be considered as much as the majority. Thats just a dumb excuse, "because I dont want to" cant cut it. Its not an excuse for the dumb hypothetical sucker, its for all the dumb hypothetical suckers. Even if they are suckers and didnt do their research, their money has to go someplace. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Get off online if you cant stand Freddy. Dont punish everyone else who has it because of your own selfish reasons.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"You shouldnt have a choice, it should be mandatory."

Shoulda coulda woulda. Here's reality: I *do* have a choice. And as long as I do, I'm saying no to any guest characters because they're the worst trend going in modern fighters.

So insult all you want, but it's still not going to make my choice yours.

"You shouldnt have a choice, it should be mandatory."

Shoulda coulda woulda. Here's reality: I *do* have a choice. And as long as I do, I'm saying no to any guest characters because they're the worst trend going in modern fighters.

So insult all you want, but it's still not going to make my choice yours.
I posted something mean and i feel bad about it.

tweek

Noob
You're missing the point of this thread. It's not about guest chars, it's about people not downloading compatibility packs. If you do not want to play a char fine, but why the f*** would you take the fun away from others who do want to play that char vs you?

Kwon

---->----
If you do not want to play a char fine, but why the f*** would you take the fun away from others who do want to play that char vs you?
We don't want to see him.

Online you can prevent his existence by not downloading the compatibility pack, but that option is unfortunately not there at Tournaments, where people will be forced his existence.

At least online, (by not downloading the compatibilitypack) Yamo does not have to see that abomination.

We don't want to see him.

Online you can prevent his existence by not downloading the compatibility pack, but that option is unfortunately not there at Tournaments, where people will be forced his existence.

At least online, (by not downloading the compatibilitypack) Yamo does not have to see that abomination.
I dont get it, whats so bad about freddy being in mk? is it because ur favorite character (tremor/tanya/etc.) didnt make it in? No offense but people are being really immature about this. hes just a character, a downloadable character, thats all.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I dont get it, whats so bad about freddy being in mk? is it because ur favorite character (tremor/tanya/etc.) didnt make it in? No offense but people are being really immature about this. hes just a character, a downloadable character, thats all.
Not because it's not the character they asked for but because he has nothing to do with MK. And you said it, downloadable character and he has the choice not to download it.

Kwon

---->----
hes just a character, a downloadable character, thats all.
"He's just a character" that people are forced to play against if they are planning to join Tournaments.

Best solution then is to avoid tournaments and stay online (where you can prevent this abomination by not downloading the pertaining compatibility pack).

At least the CompatibilityPack-system has that benefit.

deREP

Noob
Yea i DLd all the DLC Patches.
Just so people could pick one of the DLC characters, get their assed kicked and then be scorpion /milena/ raiden every time after :suckit: