What's new

Downloading the FREE DLC

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
And since they paid, i personally believe you should be able to have your DLC characters accessed at anytime.
I personally agree with you as far as the MK character DLC's go, and even though I strongly dislike Freddy, I'll even agree with you on that one as well. But how ridiculous do DLC characters need to be before it is a legitimate decision not to download compatibility packs?

Skarlet...Freedy...Cole from inFamous....Green Lantern...Sailor Moon...Pikachu... Stan Lee...

At some point DLC's will ruin the fun of the people that take this game seriously. I don't think it is possible for everyone to agree on where the line should be drawn, so why not let them make up their own mind? I'd personally be okay up to Cole from inFamous, but others may enjoy trolling online yelling "Pika!". Others still may not enjoy facing any non-MK characters. Let everyone decide for themselves, and reward those that do download the compatibility packs with free costumes.

As a Kenshi player it is annoying, but I also have other characters that I enjoy playing, so in the off chance that I can't play Kenshi, it is easy enough for me to pick a character that I played long before he was released.

The compatibility packs should definitely be mandatory. And i'm so sick of "i don't want to play against him because hes not MK, it would ruin my fun" kind of crap. When you deny others the right to use a character they paid extra for, for YOUR fun, it takes away their fun. I'm sick of not being able to use my DLC online, its even stopped me from bothering to get better with them, because half of the people you run into online don't have the packs. At this point, its a situation of privileges. Should you have the privilege to say "No, i don't want to play against that character" or do those who pay the extra money have the privilege to be able to use their DLC at any time, in any online match. And since they paid, i personally believe you should be able to have your DLC characters accessed at anytime.
Agreed. Theres a rumor going around that NRS is planning on fixing this issue and releasing a hotfix for the DLC's or something along those lines to make in mandatory. How much truth it holds I have no idea. I just wish it did happen so when I kick these Anti-DLC peoples asses with Freddy and troll them, I can send them the Freddy lullaby as a voice message and get them salty as fuck.

Theme

Noob
I personally agree with you as far as the MK character DLC's go, and even though I strongly dislike Freddy, I'll even agree with you on that one as well. But how ridiculous do DLC characters need to be before it is a legitimate decision not to download compatibility packs?

Skarlet...Freedy...Cole from inFamous....Green Lantern...Sailor Moon...Pikachu... Stan Lee...

At some point DLC's will ruin the fun of the people that take this game seriously. I don't think it is possible for everyone to agree on where the line should be drawn, so why not let them make up their own mind? I'd personally be okay up to Cole from inFamous, but others may enjoy trolling online yelling "Pika!". Others still may not enjoy facing any non-MK characters. Let everyone decide for themselves, and reward those that do download the compatibility packs with free costumes.

As a Kenshi player it is annoying, but I also have other characters that I enjoy playing, so in the off chance that I can't play Kenshi, it is easy enough for me to pick a character that I played long before he was released.
I doubt it would come to that. NRS is not stupid, they know to please their fans. This whole Freddy thing is a one time thing... maybe two, but it wont be for a while at least. They have been pleasing the fans and majority for a while now with Scarlet, Kenshi, and Rain, not to mention free costume patches. They have done their fair share. Is it too much to ask just to try out something new like Freddy to bring in some new revenues and maybe snatch a few new fans along the way? I'll agree with you, that he shouldn't be in this game, since I'd like to keep my MK pure.... but because of those reasons, I'm not going to deny someone else their fun that they PAID for. I shouldn't have the deciding factor because I didnt pay for the DLC's while majority of other people did. It shouldn't be up to me if I wanted to download the compatibility patches. Thats just stupid and selfish. At the moment, NRS is releasing a lot of DLC characters. Its because MK always had a big roster. But realize they wont be adding many more. I'd assume around 4 more and their done. They have to prepare for next MK as well, they cant dwell on MK9 forever.

tweek

Noob
Let's just pretend for a moment that the announcement about Freddy was not released as apparently this is the salt in the eyes of some of the people posting here. What about the costumes and other chars like Kenshi or Rain ( I personally think they both fit the roster as accurately as any other character)? Why would people still insist on not downloading compatibility packs for these?