What's new

Downloading the FREE DLC

"He's just a character" that people are forced to play against if they are planning to join Tournaments.

Best solution then is to avoid tournaments and stay online (where you can prevent this abomination by not downloading the pertaining compatibility pack).

At least the CompatibilityPack-system has that benefit.

Didnt see this with rain nor skarlet nor kenshi. "where you can prevent this abomination by not downloading the pertaining compatibility pack"' what do you mean by this exactly?
its not like freddy and the other dlc characters are s tier kung lao spinnig retarded shit. im not telling you to DL the comp pack. i just want a good explanation about the suddenly DLC hate with th coming of freddie. all of dlc characters are a tier which is like playing vs shang tsung. people are so hard headed, they JUST look at the negative side of everything, by being selfish enough to do things like this for no good reason, "i wont DL comp packs cause i dont want to." <-- this just shows how ignorant and selfish u are.

Kwon

---->----
I dont get it, whats so bad about freddy being in mk? is it because ur favorite character (tremor/tanya/etc.) didnt make it in?
Here's the deal.

I like coffee. I drink coffee alot.

When i drink coffee at home(online) the coffee tastes decent, and thanks to the barrista(compatibilitypacks) i have the option to choose what i want in my coffee, for example milk, cream, the amount of sugar etc

Now, there is one place, where the coffee is REALLY good(Tournaments), but if i want to drink that particular and splendiferous MK-coffee, a turd will be placed in my coffee and there is no avoiding that.

The barrista at home prevents that.

Thus, the compatibilitypack serves its purpose.

Here's the deal.

I like playing mk. I drink play mk alot.

When i play mk online it is decent, and thanks to the compatibilitypacks i have the option to choose what i want in my mk online

Now, there is one place, where mk is REALLY good(Tournaments), but if i want to play that particular and splendiferous MK-, a turd will be placed in mk.

The compabilty pack in online prevents that.

thats how i interpretated that, doesnt mak much sense to me...
EDIT: Makes more sense now that im reading it. my question why are DLC Char. a "turd"?

That's what he wanted to say. And he's right.
i know what he means BUT in the act of him choosing not to DL the comp pack hes being selfish and not thinking that a lot of people that spent $5 for a character they want to use. ull never get it until u buy a character spend countless hours on the lab to find out this ignorant selfish fool in koth doesnt have the comp pack. that takes hours from ur life and $5 out of ur pocket for nothing basically.

shura30

Shura
i know what he means BUT in the act of him choosing not to DL the comp pack hes being selfish and not thinking that a lot of people that spent $5 for a character they want to use. ull never get it until u buy a character spend countless hours on the lab to find out this ignorant selfish fool in koth doesnt have the comp pack. that takes hours from ur life and $5 out of ur pocket for nothing basically.
then you should agree that the best solution is to give the option to choose wheter allowing dlc (compatibility as well) only players
so, kids can continue their "war against the system" in their own tranquillity without pissing the others

JennyCage

t('.'t)
"It is very frustrating for people who intend to main or just enjoy Rain, Kenshi or Scarlet to have to hit the back seat because some people are unwilling to devote 2 mins of their time to download and install something that is offered to them for FREE."

I'm happy to do this for the characters you mentioned, but I still reserve the right to veto any character that's just so goddamn retarded it beggers belief. So NRS can try all they want to shit Freddy into my lap, but even free is too much for that stupidity. Sorry. As long as I have any choice as to whether to make lame guest characters a part of my gameplay experience or not, I am always, ALWAYS going to opt out. Guest fighters are a goddamn blight on the genre.

And unfair? That's just dumb. If they spent their money not knowing that other players could potentially opt out by not downloading the packs, than they should have done their homework and saved their cash. If you're trying to elicit pity for some poor, dumb (hypothetical) sucker who didn't know it worked that way, it's not working.
Are you proud of being an asshole?

Here's an idea - instead of shitting on other players' online experience, maybe you could just stay offline yourself.

Thanks in advance,
Everyone who bought DLC

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"Are you proud of being an asshole?"

I'm just a guy who's glad to have the option to exclude lame guest characters from his online gameplay experience completely. If that really makes you so upset, you can call me whatever you like. I'd venture to say that there are probably more worthy targets out there in the world for you to get your rage on about, though. I hear some some bad shit just went down in Norway.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I have the Season Pass, but I might not download this.

Theme

Noob
Enough is enough. Obviously the thread is going no where. There will be people who are selfish and will ruin the fun for everyone else. Because of NRS, we cannot help it. They didnt make the compatibility packs mandatory, so it doesnt matter. Bottom line is, some people are just being childish "BECAUSE I DONT WANT HIM" and that is just ignorant. Whatever.

Tim Static

Adminerator
We don't want to see him.

Online you can prevent his existence by not downloading the compatibility pack, but that option is unfortunately not there at Tournaments, where people will be forced his existence.

At least online, (by not downloading the compatibilitypack) Yamo does not have to see that abomination.
"He's just a character" that people are forced to play against if they are planning to join Tournaments.

Best solution then is to avoid tournaments and stay online (where you can prevent this abomination by not downloading the pertaining compatibility pack).

At least the CompatibilityPack-system has that benefit.

Using words like "we" and telling people to avoid tournaments? Really? Your ignorance level has hit the fucking bottom. Abomination? MKD was an abomination. MKA was an abomination. Freddy isnt an abomination. Your opinion is you dont like the idea, so dont download him. its that fucking simple.

Your trolling on this is really starting to fucking piss me off.

I think you should just stay out of threads and discussions on this topic.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
What I have started to do to help the cause is send a message to anyone I encounter who does not have them downloaded.

PS has a feature where it remembers your messages you previously typed, so once you type it once.. you will be able to basically copy and paste the next time you need to send the same message to someone.

I usually just say "Hey man, please go download the FREE compatability packs so I can use my DLC. You will get free costumes if you do!"

Some people have no idea that these packs even exist. I have had many people respond me to and say "why?" or "what do you mean?". This just proves that NRS has done an awful job at informing the casual audience. Half of the people I run into seem like they have no idea that these packs even exist.

We have to take it in to our own hands at this point.

Theme

Noob
What I have started to do to help the cause is send a message to anyone I encounter who does not have them downloaded.

PS has a feature where it remembers your messages you previously typed, so once you type it once.. you will be able to basically copy and paste the next time you need to send the same message to someone.

I usually just say "Hey man, please go download the FREE compatability packs so I can use my DLC. You will get free costumes if you do!"

Some people have no idea that these packs even exist. I have had many people respond me to and say "why?" or "what do you mean?". This just proves that NRS has done an awful job at informing the casual audience. Half of the people I run into seem like they have no idea that these packs even exist.

We have to take it in to our own hands at this point.
Haha yeah, I have ran into one or two people who havent even gotten the first Compatibility pack yet, and more so who haven't gotten the others. Needless to say, I was surprised. I think I'll start doing what your doing and help inform the causal public.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Here's the deal.

I like coffee. I drink coffee alot.

When i drink coffee at home(online) the coffee tastes decent, and thanks to the barrista(compatibilitypacks) i have the option to choose what i want in my coffee, for example milk, cream, the amount of sugar etc

Now, there is one place, where the coffee is REALLY good(Tournaments), but if i want to drink that particular and splendiferous MK-coffee, a turd will be placed in my coffee and there is no avoiding that.

The barrista at home prevents that.

This is the funniest shit EVER!

Dude, relax. It's just a video game, one which is supposed to be fun. You sir, take shit to heart way too hard. I do understand how you feel though. I was a little disappointed with the Freddy DLC news as well. You are correct, Freddy has no place in MK. But in that regard, neither do Capcom characters belong in my Marvel games. But alas, there they are!

This argument is akin to the old Reese's Penut Butter Cup dilemma, "You got peanut butter on my chocolate!" "You got chocolate on my peanut butter!!" The guys in the Reese's peanut butter commercials figured out that the two great tastes went well together after trying it for themselves. I would ask that you and all other DLC cock-blockers do the same, no disrespect.

If the argument is about "The DLC characters are too strong," Kabal and Kung Lao would like a word with you. Why allow those S Tier demons to fight and not the mid tier DLC offerings? Something about that logic is flawed. Yoda detects much "salty" in you.

If the argument is that you're broke and cannot afford to pay for the DLC, or you are too young and your parents refused to spot you the cash for the DLC, then fine....so be it. I have no issue with that.

But, if you just want to be a jackass just for the sake of being a jackass, then you need to re-evaluate your reasons for playing this game online. If I didn't buy the DLC, I would still DL the compatibility packs to experience playing against the new characters first-hand. I wouldn't cock-block someone from using the new DLC just because I don't like said DLC. That would be childish. The only reason why NRS is doing this "choose to DL the compatibility packs" is because there are about 5% of the XBL users who do not have an HDD or have an internal memory amount less than a gig. They didn't want these poor souls to fill up their memory with MK's compatibility packs if they didn't want to.

Peace

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
MKD was an abomination. MKA was an abomination.
I actually really enjoyed both of those games, particularly for the amount of extras included. Chess Kombat and the RPG-style adventure games were a tonne of fun. Mario-kart style racing? Not so much... but it was an interesting addition none-the-less.

I hate people who don't have the packs DL..... Its fine if you didn't know about them thats cool! (NRS should make it more obvious though) But when I see people saying "im not dling it cause im to buthurt about freddy" Thats a big fuck you. grow up.

And when I encounter someone who doesn't have them Dled I leave instantly fuck that noise.

Luija1006

since 1995
Using words like "we" and telling people to avoid tournaments? Really? Your ignorance level has hit the fucking bottom. Abomination? MKD was an abomination. MKA was an abomination. Freddy isnt an abomination. Your opinion is you dont like the idea, so dont download him. its that fucking simple.

Your trolling on this is really starting to fucking piss me off.

I think you should just stay out of threads and discussions on this topic.
He is trolling because he does not share your opinion, and he is typing his reasons of why Freddy is a turd in his coffee?

What class of mod are you? lmao

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Just b4 I start I would like to say imo Freddy is a bad choice for a DLC, I would much prefer to see a real MK toon. My pick would have been Khameleon, the n64 female version... 4 dlc, 2 male, 2 female... but w/e I'll be getting this dlc.

That being said, I think people are forgetting that this is a GAME. Something that is meant to be fun, relaxing and not to be taken to seriously. MK has always, form game 1, had a humorous streak in it. Did Darth Vader and Yoda ruin SolCal? Would many people have preferred a "normal" character... sure... were they fun to play and see occasionally.. yes they were. Would the game be ruined for competitive play if they released the boss characters, as in Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn NO.. comps can just ban them if they are out of control.

I think the fan reaction to Freddy is pretty ridiculous, I honestly believe it is again the nets tendency for the freaks and the loud minority talking shit everywhere while the moderates, people that do not care and the pro people just not commentating..

I predict that even with all this "hype" Freddy will sell tons as a dlc, at least equal to the other dlc. The entire "bolycot" is just proof that NRS's design for DLC is flawed, these compatibility packs should just be forced patches like a balance update and then all this would be a mute topic.

I'm getting Freddy and using him, no matter what people say or think. I don't see what people's issue with Freddy is? What he's a movie icon? Big fucking deal. One character won't ruin this game and make it non competitive. That is ludicrous. If that was the case it would've happened already since launch date. Or did you all forget Kratos? The fans that like the game are going to continue playing it and supporting it no matter what. And to all those scumbags that decide not to get the compatibility pack, you ain't getting one match from me. At the character select screen I'll gladly leave.

Rapid

Magical Gaming Wizard
The compatibility packs should definitely be mandatory. And i'm so sick of "i don't want to play against him because hes not MK, it would ruin my fun" kind of crap. When you deny others the right to use a character they paid extra for, for YOUR fun, it takes away their fun. I'm sick of not being able to use my DLC online, its even stopped me from bothering to get better with them, because half of the people you run into online don't have the packs. At this point, its a situation of privileges. Should you have the privilege to say "No, i don't want to play against that character" or do those who pay the extra money have the privilege to be able to use their DLC at any time, in any online match. And since they paid, i personally believe you should be able to have your DLC characters accessed at anytime.