What's new

Do some stages need buffs?

Are these suggestions reasonable?

• Total voters

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Most Generaliest of General M2Daves, I shall refute some of your choices and substitute some more.

I am sure that the entire NRS community agrees that interactable objects are one the most unique features of Injustice. They make the game balanced by improving the lack of come back factor for some characters. However, several interactable objects are fairly weak by design. Allow me to make some suggestions.

Atlantis (Throne Room)

- In the right corner of the stage, decrease the start up of the blue stone plate (aka lobster menu).

Batcave (Crime Lab)

- In the left corner of the stage, the bat bombs that fall out of the closet should reappear every seven seconds.

Batcave (Lagoon)

- In the right corner of the stage, get rid of the boxes blocking the path to the canisters.

Fortress of Solitude (Menagerie)

- Improve the range of the starfish in the right corner of the stage. The starfish should have the same properties as the crystal ball in Atlantis.

- Get rid of the fly in the left corner of the stage. Instead, the fly should fly around the stage constantly reappearing, identically to the flying robots in the Watch Tower. The player can then jump in the air and toss the fly, which is unblockable.

Stryker's Island (Yard)

- Add a fourth exploding barrel in the middle of the stage.

Another question to think about is "Should all stages have reappearing interactable objects"?

Let me know you think, vote, and comment on the suggestions.

Thanks.
Atlantis: The slab is fine where it is. It's tough for power characters to use, but gadgeteers can use it well. We already have the globe for tossing, and frankly, that water wall from the sides is strong enough that power characters aren't left out much.

Batcave: I don't think respawn is a good idea, that'd turn the stage into a huge camp fest. Personally, I'd like to see a low to the ground option for the grenades. They're picked up and thrown immediately, always in pairs, and while low will always home in on the opponent. Can be jumped easily, especially from a distance. Might make them more viable with increased speed and lack of a 'pick up' animation. That's just me and I don't really back this as something that should happen.

Lagoon: Keep the boxes. Barrels in pretty much every shape/form in this game are super strong, Batcave being no exception, so having easy access to them would basically turn that stage into Ferris Lite. Remove shocking effect from detached wires. Improve range of....thing that you throw before wires come out (generator?)

Arkham: Pig is fine as is, to anyone thinking so. Hall for powers, mess for non-powers. Seems one of the fairer overall stages. But when transitioning from Scarecrow into mess hall, don't leave them under the face. Leave them center.

Themyscaira(or however you spell that): Nerf tree range and speed.

Fortress: The bee idea sounds kinda meh. I like the improved Starro toss. I also might like to see a change in the phantom zone interractable upstairs. Maybe shorter range? More scaling?

Styrker: No to the barrels. Just no.

Rooftop: Far left interractable has improved range and startup. Drones are all characters throwable maybe? Just a thought, don't really back it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
When will you ever give up on Scorps *sighs*
You saw what happened to poor Slips at KIT, didn't you? :p
A mere stage buff won't take Scorps to a higher level I promise :p
i wouldnt even think of dropping scorps, i have the most fun using him.
same reason i play ares, fun.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Not in a game with DLC characters, namely Zod. Not all stages must be in favor of power characters. I haven't seen a single stage other than gotham streets where the power character is the one who gets the short end of the stick.
hall of justice?

I can follow m2dave's logic i think. Many times a character can just take a large life lead and run away, but if there is more shit for you to toss at them at high speed, it makes comebacks more feasible in theory. However I think trying to mess with the balance at this point would just be way too hard. Certain matchups would become even worse to the point of almost unwinnable. Not to mention, i think players would just realize that instead of running away with a life lead, they should just camp the good interactbles and things would get worse.

Anyways, all you can really ask for now is some adjustments on hitboxes and making the damn dumpster a little less stupid. Some objects still have super splash damage in weird spots, while others got nerfed to the point of not hitting jack shit despite the explosion clearly hitting someone