What's new

Do some stages need buffs?

Are these suggestions reasonable?

• Total voters

pherleece

Woolay
I am sure that the entire NRS community agrees that interactable objects are one the most unique features of Injustice. They make the game balanced by improving the lack of come back factor for some characters. However, several interactable objects are fairly weak by design. Allow me to make some suggestions.

Atlantis (Throne Room)

- In the right corner of the stage, decrease the start up of the blue stone plate (aka lobster menu).

Batcave (Crime Lab)

- In the left corner of the stage, the bat bombs that fall out of the closet should reappear every seven seconds.

Batcave (Lagoon)

- In the right corner of the stage, get rid of the boxes blocking the path to the canisters.

Fortress of Solitude (Menagerie)

- Improve the range of the starfish in the right corner of the stage. The starfish should have the same properties as the crystal ball in Atlantis.

- Get rid of the fly in the left corner of the stage. Instead, the fly should fly around the stage constantly reappearing, identically to the flying robots in the Watch Tower. The player can then jump in the air and toss the fly, which is unblockable.

Stryker's Island (Yard)

- Add a fourth exploding barrel in the middle of the stage.

Another question to think about is "Should all stages have reappearing interactable objects"?

Let me know you think, vote, and comment on the suggestions.

Thanks.
how about nerfs or allow all characters to throw the projectiles. if every character in this game can go punch for punch with superman, then they should be able to chuck a tv at your face.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I read these and tried to take them seriously, since really, all the bashing has already been done.

Atlantis (Throne Room)

- In the right corner of the stage, decrease the start up of the blue stone plate (aka lobster menu).
I don't know if the ten commandments really needs a buff, but a small startup boost wouldn't really be bad either.

(Crime Lab)

- In the left corner of the stage, the bat bombs that fall out of the closet should reappear every seven seconds.
This would not be a good idea. I know a few characters would get infinites off of this (At the very least Joker would).

(Lagoon)

- In the right corner of the stage, get rid of the boxes blocking the path to the canisters.
I 1000% agree with the Batcave boxes going away, or better yet, fix the glitch with those and other "fake corners" that cause Joker's teeth to disappear.

Fortress of Solitude
(Menagerie)

- Improve the range of the starfish in the right corner of the stage. The starfish should have the same properties as the crystal ball in Atlantis.

- Get rid of the fly in the left corner of the stage. Instead, the fly should fly around the stage constantly reappearing, identically to the flying robots in the Watch Tower. The player can then jump in the air and toss the fly, which is unblockable.
FoS does not need buffs in any way shape or form.
First off, not every stage needs reappearing interactibles, and they can skew matchups tremendously. There are already a few stages like that, let's not make more.
However, I wouldn't mind making the bee fly around, but I'm not exactly sure what exactly it would do then unless it acted like a mobile version of the electric wires on batcave.
I mean, who the hell throws bees, and why would they explode?

That said, if we are normalizing this stage, we need to normalize the portal on the right. That thing is retardedly unbalanced. For everyone it is fully invincible, but for some characters it's safe, and for others it isn't. For some characters it starts combos, for others you put yourself in a hard knock (lol joker).
Normalize it so the effects aren't so wildly unbalanced from one character to the next.

Stryker's Island
(Yard)

- Add a fourth exploding barrel in the middle of the stage.
Why should a 4th barrel be added? I mean what purpose does this serve?

------

Also, if we are normalizing interactibles:

Stryker's Island Cell Block:

-Make the robot guard toss faster. This interactible is straight up retarded for the characters that pick up the gun and shoot. On the flip side, it is slow as fuck for power characters and the only real reason to throw it is so that the opponent can't fire off the gun (Unless you can trap them into it like Zod or Lex).
Characters that do neither of those should not exist. Make them either do one or the other. The ones who jump off of it get shafted.

Mess Hall:
-I have no problem with the faces in themselves, but the first one is in a terrible spot. The first hit of every game can almost ALWAYS be converted into an OTG with the mask, and a transition from the first part of Arkham will lead to a mask hit against any character with a sub-par dash. That mask should be moved elsewhere or just straight removed so only the one on the right side of the screen remains.

-Oh god the Pig... This interactible should be backdashable by all characters. It really pisses me off that with my shitty backdash I can't get through it, nor can I jump it or duck it. Granted I can MB B3 through it, but why is backdashing seriously not a universal option for beating it?
Other than that I am actually surprisingly okay with it; just make it universally backdashable.

Wayne Manor:
-The Motorcycle is worthless for non-power characters. Please speed up the startup.
-The Chair of Goods... Yeah, enough said.

Oh, and of course, fix that dumpster in the corner!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can we nerf the dumpster on Gotham Alley while we're at it? Keep everything the same except that god damn rebound. I mean seriously, I make a good read, punish you with MB Torpedo and then the rebound punishes me? Get out of here.
DON'T. TOUCH. THE. DUMPSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
don't care about the interactables much (except that they can otg) cuz i can backdash most of them on reaction now. :tonyt :joker:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think you are going to have to accept that not all interactables are OP.

I would suggest that the globe in Atlantis get a hitbox reduction, OR have a way for all characters to remove it from the screen (i.e acrobatic characters can send it rolling or something)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
@General M2Dave

As a power character and bottom 5 character player (Sinestro), these changes are a welcome.

I actually think bottom 5 power characters should start off with the lobster menu at the start of the round.

It's what the community needs for balance.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Atlantis should have a stage transition which knocks you into a giant Pussy (octopus)

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Man I can't even do the grab gadget characters can do on cars and stuff.
Are you sure? I've seen flash players do it so I'm sure raven can you have to press forward and interact and depending how fast/ far your d1/b1 is you may even be able to combo after before they hit the ground

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
As an Arrow player I say: This is Bullsh*t!

As a Flash player I say: I kan deal with it.

As a Martian player I say: :D

Justice

Noob
Acrobats and gadget characters alike would be able to take advantage of my suggestions.

This is fair.
The problem is that the stronger you make the interactibles for for acrobats and gadgets, the more useful they become to the power characters. Also, the removal of said interactibles from the stage by power characters will be felt more if they are improved and we rely on them more.

What I would have liked to see NRS do is incorporate a directional input with the interactible button so that all characters can have an option of either throwing, jumping off or exploding the interactible in a manner that befits the character. The damage and effects could be adjusted accordingly based on character archetype as well.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
scorpion would have access to his 100% combo in that corner alot easier then so i greatly approve of this one :tonyt
When will you ever give up on Scorps *sighs*
You saw what happened to poor Slips at KIT, didn't you? :p
A mere stage buff won't take Scorps to a higher level I promise :p