What's new

Discussion: Tips for the Injustice IOS game

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone what happened to the thread where they posted all of the console unlockables and how to obtain them?

My tips for this game is to have 3 completely different characters. For example: A tank, a heavy hitter and an agile character. I have Solomon Grundy (Can take large amounts of damage, esp with "Born on a Monday", Slade (Lock and Load is very damaging) and Nightwing (Energy Drain for boss levels).

Another piece of advice: Never use heavy attack or block. The best defense is an offense and the best way to defeat an enemy is to hit them before they can hit you or use a special attack.
Yeah, not blocking is going to get you killed not much later on. The game AI gets smarter on top of your opponents stats increasing. They WILL start blocking better and interrupting your attacks (even on hit) with stupid high damage specials.

I would get in the habit of learning how to block now.

Beast Legacy

Never Knows Best
Anybody know why the game still hasn't registered by daily logins? I haven't even checked off the WW Portrait console unlock for logging in once, but my WBID seems to be working fine and I've gotten the other rewards I should be getting like Arkham Harley, Knightfall Bane, New 52 GL, etc. Is there something I'm missing with the daily logins?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Whelp, have fun beating this game people. Now that I've got far enough, I've realized that you're not only going to need 3 level 40 (the cap) gold characters with maxed upgrades, but you'll also need to promote each gold to Elite V (the max). That's 5 of each gold character. A level 40 gold without being promoted will not even be able sustain the chip damage from the end game battles long enough. They NEED to be promoted.

FML.
How do promotions work? One just randomly popped up for my Flash, but I have no idea what I did.
The hidden reward best be godlike for how difficult it is.

You
How do promotions work? One just randomly popped up for my Flash, but I have no idea what I did.
You obtained another Flash character card somehow, probably as a bonus stage reward (these always reward a character card on completion, but only the first time).

SRP

Noob
Yea my flash did that as well. Basically promotion works like this. If you have 2 cards of the exact same character, there will be a P on their card letting you know they can be promoted. So for example, buy 2 Sinestro cards of the same tier and you can promote him to Elite.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
And you have to promote a GOLD character 5 fucking times in order to fight the final enemies?! The salt is about to be so real within me.

MoldMan

Noob
Yea my flash did that as well. Basically promotion works like this. If you have 2 cards of the exact same character, there will be a P on their card letting you know they can be promoted. So for example, buy 2 Sinestro cards of the same tier and you can promote him to Elite.
oh ok

How many first born children and young lambs will I have to sacrifice to deliver me from this obstacle?
Seriously, I was all about it until I saw the last few battles.

Battle 42 (the last battle), while you only have to fight a series of boss battles (just one character, not 3), look at these stats:

The FIRST (i.e. they will get harder) character you fight is a level 39 Elite V Sinestro wiiiiiith 18,468 damage and 54,180 HP. My Supes can be one shotted by that asshole. My level 40 Supes only has 10,000 HP.

All of them.

Seriously, even if I had this, I would only play it long enough to get all the skins with the exception of Jailbird Supes.
I'm hoping the "Hidden Reward" is going to be worth it... but knowing NRS, it's probably just a skin, and if it's not a Supes skin, I don't give a shit.

Yeah, not blocking is going to get you killed not much later on. The game AI gets smarter on top of your opponents stats increasing. They WILL start blocking better and interrupting your attacks (even on hit) with stupid high damage specials.

I would get in the habit of learning how to block now.
Well then, I'm dead already. Not gonna even bother with endgame Superman, I don't think replaying most missions and spending money is worth it.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
The FIRST (i.e. they will get harder) character you fight is a level 39 Elite V Sinestro wiiiiiith 18,468 damage and 54,180 HP. My Supes can be one shotted by that asshole. My level 40 Supes only has 10,000 HP.
Now i know, why this game is FREEEEEEEEE.

Justice

Noob
So, stoopid question here but I have to ask since I'm playing on an iPhone and the writing is so minscule that I need a magnifying glass to read it....

To get a character with more than one super or whatever, I have to get the silver and gold versions and level those up? I was kicking ass with my Sinestro/R. Catwoman/Cyborg team until I get to the second-last battle. It's the first battle against a solo GL and he beats me. I have only used whatever cards that were given as prizes (most of which were for Catwoman). So should I buy more cards for the ones I do have? Or grind out koins for the higher ranked ones?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
To get a character with more than one super or whatever, I have to get the silver and gold versions and level those up?
At level 5 you can unlock any ranked characters second super. At level 20 you can unlock their unblockable 3rd Super. To do this you just tap their card, sometimes the option to upgrade is free (i don't know why) sometimes it costs you koins. How many supers/how powerful the super isn't affected by gold/silver Teir or by promoting up a rank by buying the same card again.

Personally I had bronze teir only until I had enough to buy the discount gold pack and it's been fairly smooth sailing from there on (Batman on the first try FTW!).

Beast Legacy

Never Knows Best
Personally I had bronze teir only until I had enough to buy the discount gold pack and it's been fairly smooth sailing from there on (Batman on the first try FTW!).
Did you get Insurgency Batman or regular Batman and how is he? Grinded enough to buy one of them and trying to decide which one to fit my team of gold Joker and gold Black Adam (got lucky with Joker in first gold booster, got Black Adam in second gold booster, figure I'll just grind more to specifically get a Batman for the console unlock).

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Did you get Insurgency Batman or regular Batman and how is he? Grinded enough to buy one of them and trying to decide which one to fit my team of gold Joker and gold Black Adam (got lucky with Joker in first gold booster, got Black Adam in second gold booster, figure I'll just grind more to specifically get a Batman for the console unlock).
I got regular and I gotta say so far it's made everything ridiculously easy, his heavy attack does good damage, his level 1 super can cause okay damage with stun, to set up for another super for one of my others characters, his level 2 super is fucking incredible, he does an overhead kick (area tap to increase) followed by firing 3 robo-bats (accuracy meter). His health is amazing too as he can just keep taking the hits! His level 3 does only barely more damage than level 2 but it's unblockable.

Currently training up my silver regular Green Arrow and silver Joker. My bronze flash is probably better than both of them though, and I know I'm going to need all golds though for the final battle.

Yeah, I got Batman today. He is definitely top tier.

Speaking to how much this actually IS like a fighting game (and like the console version), Batman has a really fast jab. Against slower characters like Grundy, Doomsday and Bane, you can just continuously slowly tap and jab them out of any string they attempt and build meter really fast. Even better, it recovers fast enough for you to block any meter move on reaction.

Not to mention having Bats in your team adds 25% damage to everything.

Beast Legacy

Never Knows Best
Thanks for the info guys, I'll go with regular Batman then. Probably won't go for the final Hidden Reward if it's just Prison Supes but I'm happy with having the other skins at least. Now if I can figure out why it's not counting my daily logins for the portrait unlocks I'd be all set.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Thanks for the info guys, I'll go with regular Batman then. Probably won't go for the final Hidden Reward if it's just Prison Supes but I'm happy with having the other skins at least. Now if I can figure out why it's not counting my daily logins for the portrait unlocks I'd be all set.
Has anyone confirmed if the Hidden Reward is Prison Supes? You think they would just say if it was... they do on the list of things the console can unlock for IOS...

Beast Legacy

Never Knows Best
Has anyone confirmed if the Hidden Reward is Prison Supes? You think they would just say if it was... they do on the list of things the console can unlock for IOS...
I saw some people mention digging into the code for the app and see Prison Superman among the code for the other skin unlocks so it's more than likely that is the Hidden Reward. I also can't see them realistically having a better unlock for the iOS game to give to the console version. I hope I'm wrong and there's more, but so far the ones digging into the app's code haven't seen anything different.

Beast Legacy

Never Knows Best
I have both Batman characters and the gold joker character ( all from gold booster packs ) and I am currently stuck on the battle right before the insurgency batman fight, ( mini boss is regime supes )

Has anyone figured out exactly how you rank up charaters ( the 1-5 ) I ranked up my nightwing and green lantern from using them early but i have no idea how
Buy or receive copies of that same respective character card to rank them up. Each duplicate card will rank up your current card up to the max of 5.