What's new

Discussion: Tips for the Injustice IOS game

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Injustice: Gods Among Us iOS Game
Tips & Tricks
How to Unlock Console Characters:
  • First of all, you will need to create a WBID (Warner Bros ID), this will record what you unlock on the iOS game, and unlock it for you when you log on with it on the console game.
  • When you download the iOS game, there will be a Warner Bros. logo, click on this to log in with your WBID, it will bring you to the unlock screen, where it will tell you the various things you can unlock.
  • RATE THE GAME WHEN IT ASKS YOU TO!!! This is important as it has caused a few members some strife with one of the costume unlocks.
  • Primarily members of this forum want to know how to unlock alternate costumes for characters on the console version of the game. The following are what you can unlock: Knightfall Bane, New 52 Green Lantern, Arkham Harely Quinn and Batman Beyond.
  • There is also the Hidden Reward, unlocked by completing the game, there are some theories but we don't know what it is for sure. Completing the game will not tell you what it is, only that it has been unlocked (credit to knoterror)
  • Knightfall Bane: Unlocked by rating the game - do this after signing in with your WBID when the game asks you to.
  • New 52 Green Lantern: Unlocked by beating a bonus round - when you play the game you will see on each page the final round is a question mark image, these are the bonus fights, beat one of them to unlock this skin.
  • Arkham Harley: Unlocked by obtaining any Joker Character card - there are two Joker character cards, a silver tier Joker (48,000 credits) or a gold tier insurgency Joker (148,000 credits). If you are going for the skin, go for the cheaper one. Both can also be obtained randomly by purchasing their respective booster packs. Joker support cards WILL NOT unlock this skin.
  • Batman Beyond: Unlocked by obtaining any Batman character card - same as the Harley unlock, buy Batman Regime or regular Batman for 182,000 credits. Again, support cards WILL NOT unlock this skin.
  • Hidden Reward: Beat all Battles in the game. This is ridiculously hard and a long grind. Speculation as to what this unlocks can be found elsewhere in this thread, I won't post it up here in case of spoiler
Tricks:
The are two trick that people have been found that are very useful.
  • The time trick (Josephdr): this game has energy that recharges over time or can be purchased. It is very tedious to wait, to make the game a lot more fun, change the date/time on your iOS device and it will recharge. 1-2 hours is enough for a full recharge.
  • The triple trick (ShinKazuki): some battles in this game are quite hard, especially the later ones, and you are going to wish you could use three of your strongest characters. With this trick you can, go to edit team and remove all the cards from the slots, then add the one card you wish to use in triplicate to the first slot, then move it to the second and finally to the third, then press back and you will see the character has been tripled. Character receives regular amount of exp, but three times the normal energy is used (a full bar for later fights).
Tips:
  • Don't be afraid to grind. You will need to if you want to beat everything.
  • Start with your bronze team, maybe even start straight away using the triplicate trick so that you can just level the one character. Use them and try and grind up 75,000 credits so that you can buy the once a day discount gold booster pack.
  • Some people recommend you go for a silver booster as soon as you can, personally I would recommend you grind instead as the the gold character will carry you for a very, very long time. Especially if you use the triplicate trick.
  • If you do go for a silver, maybe save up for 48,000 credits to get your Joker unlock out of the way.
  • Learn what each character's block animations look like, it helps. Also learn when to block. It helps. A lot.
  • When you do get your gold character, and they get to level 5 and level 20 unlock their 2nd and 3rd supers respectively. They will help you destroy harder characters. The 3rd super is unblockable.
  • Characters can be 'promoted', which greatly increases their stats, this is done by acquiring a duplicate of that character's card, then tap on the card you want to promote on the Edit Team screen and there will be a purple button that says promote.
  • Max level is 40, max promotion is Elite V (promoted five times)
  • A gold tier, max level and max promoted character used with the triplicate trick is strongly recommended to beat the game.
  • Characters have special abilities that are always active. For example some characters give all members of the team a health boost, while some only boost themselves, to see each characters attribute you can click on their card in the shop.
  • LATE IN THE GAME CREDIT GRIND TIP: Battle 36. If you are here in the game, this should cause you no trouble. It is the best way to credit grind. Fact.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I use grundy and haven't had any issues. I also just grinded out until getting enough credits/coins to buy a gold booster pack. Bronze to Gold makes a big difference. Don't be afraid to go back thru battles you already completed to get easy exp.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Were the costume unlocks for the console we saw in the other thread only un-lockable through this game?
Still unknown I'm afraid. We can definitely unlock via this method, but I don't know if it is the only method. I would hope not, but in truth I don't know. Developers are keeping quiet about it, probably so as not to hurt download numbers if you can unlock them by playing the console game.

Good on you for using Grundy, I found him the worst, whereas with Flash I didn't have to pay too much attention to what I did. I think buying one or 2 upgrades for 1 character and then grinding out to reach 75,000 is the key. A gold tier makes things a lot easier.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
EGGXI Can you log out of your WB account and log into another? If so, this could help a lot of people on TYM.
I suppose you mean in terms of unlocking portraits/backgrounds? I don't think it will work, primarily because whose accounts the logging in gets attributed to. If I logged out of mine, and then logged in with yours it wouldn't give my account an extra unlock, and presumably it would count for your once a day log in. I don't think it's recorded as log in per-device but by log in per account.

GL is a great starter character. His level 1 is great and his level 2 is better. Definitely worth upgrading.

Nightwing is also a valuable member. His ability to drain the meter of your opponent even on block is invaluable and sometimes that's all I'll use him for, keeping myself alive while I wait for my stronger reserve characters to build meter. If you don't use Nightwing, use SOMEONE with this ability. Sinestro or regime Green Arrow.

You can interrupt a lot of "blockstrings" in this game with your meter moves. Mostly the heavy stuff. Just block and when someone's hitting you, mash your meter button. It generally works.

Oh, and Regime Supes is OP as hellllllll. He's a tank and once his health is whittled down, he gets a 50% damage boost.

His level 2 Heat Vision does insane damage and is unblockable.

And his Super???? Right now, mine does 10,000 damage...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Another tip: As far as I know all the power steal characters are Nightwing, Sinestro, Green Arrow (Both versions?) and Lex Luthor.
Should you face one of these guys in a battle, make sure you don't have your OP main character with a good super out. Either bring out your own power drain character, drain them, then bring in the super or if you don't have a power drain character bring on a tank/crap character to take the hit from their super-move. Then bring out your OP guy and knock out one or two of their guys with one special (god I love the Flash in this game)

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I want to know how people have managed to still have recharges available. I'm stuck on the 11th tower, where each set of 3 characters has a character that's twice as powerful as your character at the time. I waste it all trying to get past it. I'm rolling with Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Flash. All level 15. So i'm not sure what the heck to do. lol Yet I see people who already have a gold pack etc. How? With all the coins i've spent, I probably have earned around 50,000.

Another tip: As far as I know all the power steal characters are Nightwing, Sinestro, Green Arrow (Both versions?) and Lex Luthor.
Should you face one of these guys in a battle, make sure you don't have your OP main character with a good super out. Either bring out your own power drain character, drain them, then bring in the super or if you don't have a power drain character bring on a tank/crap character to take the hit from their super-move. Then bring out your OP guy and knock out one or two of their guys with one special (god I love the Flash in this game)
Yep. You really do need a power drainer in your team. This is my basic strat too.

I have Regime Supes as my third. Play other 2 characters, one who does decent enough damage and one just to drain meter of the most troublesome character (there's always at least ONE with higher HP/DMG than the other 2) and prolong the fight till I get Supes with full meter in, then one shot that bitch.

I want to know how people have managed to still have recharges available. I'm stuck on the 11th tower, where each set of 3 characters has a character that's twice as powerful as your character at the time. I waste it all trying to get past it. I'm rolling with Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Flash. All level 15. So i'm not sure what the heck to do. lol Yet I see people who already have a gold pack etc. How? With all the coins i've spent, I probably have earned around 50,000.
Same here. Good to know im not the only one struggling. I guess the only thing to say is not to waste a single coin. I wasted some upgrading moves I dont ever use. I got lucky and pulled a silver Doomsday though.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
So who is the best power drainer? Ive used Nightwing and he was pretty good, but what about the others?
Don't know about anyone else other that Nightwing I'm afraid. I roll out GL/Nightwing/Flash as my strongest team. GL to do as much damage as he can, Nightwing to drain their OP character and Flash to bring in as a one-shot with his level 2 super.

BlackCyborg I know your pain, but luckily I'm at work most of the day, so I can recharge that way. Also it helps that I have 6 characters, so I can swap in and out to prolong how much I can play + only recharge Flash.

So who is the best power drainer? Ive used Nightwing and he was pretty good, but what about the others?
Nightwing has been pretty solid for me. I haven't really used the other ones. His attacks seem pretty fast too. He's overall low damage until you get his Level 2 maxed out, but you really want him for his Level 1 anyway. You just keep using that as soon as you can and you're mostly just eating blocked normals biding time for your better dudes.

And I'll be honest, as much as I hate it, I buy the recharges. It's a dirty, dirty, dirty game design, but I guess I'm just another sheep.

*GASP* How dare you? Ill wait my 11 minutes per bar :p
lol Yeah, I think I'm content to wait now. Once I got my Regime Supes, I just wanted to grind him to a decent level and upgrade him a bit. You definitely pay the literal price to just play the damn game, as much as they call it "free".

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Ok that makes sense, knowing you paid for the recharges etc. Not that there's anything wrong witht hat, but I was like "how the hell have you gotten so far...?" lol

Ok that makes sense, knowing you paid for the recharges etc. Not that there's anything wrong witht hat, but I was like "how the hell have you gotten so far...?" lol
lol Yeah, they really play dirty with this shit. Once you get just far enough, you run out of Energy and recharges and the game comes to a screeching halt. You gotta' wait like all day just to play again, and then you still probably won't have progressed much. 1.99 for 20 recharges isn't horrifically TERRIBLE if you just use them on your one best character and keep subbing in whoever for the other two.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The game gets so freaking dirty when they start increasing the amount of charges needed for each battle, I think the last battle is going to require a full bar just to participate! Can't wait til I get that first gold!