What's new

Discussion - "Shut up and get better"

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
You should pick another character then. And if you don't like that, don't play. It's not my fault I play kung Lao and you pick sheeva. Maybe adapting simply means picking kabal
I don't want to pick someone else, I want to win with who I want to win with. Just because a match is bullshit doesn't mean I'm going to lose. Just means it's not really a fair match in any way.

when people say something like that it's because they dont want to hear that there's something wrong with a game they like. People who say "adapt" without actually looking into an issue are terrible for the community and for development (since the devs are on this site too. they see what people think are problems and what people think that people can just adapt to).
Every time someone says something like that assume they're an idiot, explore more (do get better), and if you find that something is an issue or broken, or if there's a game flaw, ABSOLUTELY DONT SHUT UP.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't want to pick someone else, I want to win with who I want to win with. Just because a match is bullshit doesn't mean I'm going to lose. Just means it's not really a fair match in any way.
That means adaption is literally impossible. HMMM? I guess that campaign is FALLACY RIDDEN?!

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't want to pick someone else, I want to win with who I want to win with. Just because a match is bullshit doesn't mean I'm going to lose.
No, because you are a good player and can out play your opponent. I'm just saying that you can't use the matchup as an excuse when you lose, and if you do you should expect to be told to level up

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
when people say something like that it's because they dont want to hear that there's something wrong with a game they like. People who say "adapt" without actually looking into an issue are terrible for the community and for development (since the devs are on this site too. they see what people think are problems and what people think that people can just adapt to).
Every time someone says something like that assume they're an idiot, explore more (do get better), and if you find that something is an issue or broken, or if there's a game flaw, ABSOLUTELY DONT SHUT UP.
It's fine when people discuss what's wrong with the game, it's when they say they lose because of it that it becomes scrubby.

ONCE YOU POP, THE FUN DON'T STOP
The fun usually does stop for me, once I pop.

To answer your question, if people tell you to "Shut up and get better" and they're clearly just abusing the Stage Interactables, like really JUST focusing completely on the Stage Interactables and not even the actual fight between you two, then they lose credibility with that statement.

But, if your opponent is already a good player and picks the stage for an added advantage, then he's playing to win. Which is fine.

My Main is Batman, so I actually don't have problems with interactables of any kind. I can dodge every one of them with ease.

On the subject of Interactables, I do think they add another layer to the gameplay, obviously. Whether they're Scrubby or not, it's dependent on the Stage. e.g. Metro Rooftop, Watchtower (Either level), and Ferris Aircraft. Those get abused.

Banning Interactables talk is always happening. It won't really affect me if that were to happen. But people say that some characters really benefit from it. So, I don't know about straight up banning them.

NRS should just tweak the damage on Interactables. Which has been suggested by many people already.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
What if someone actually does lose because of it though? it seems more scrubby to outright deny the possibility that a flaw with the game or something that's blatantly overpowered would be the cause of wins and losses.
Both players have access to the same tools. Play to win, or don't play at all. If everyone stops playing and it's that bad, then it will be fixed next time around.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
If player b is actually the better player, he will go into training mode and find ways to get around these interactables. Not complain that he shouldn't have lost. The problem I see with people that complain on here about stages and match ups is that they cry for nerfs right away instead of actually going in to training mode to try and learn ways around what they are losing to.

It's fine when people discuss what's wrong with the game, it's when they say they lose because of it that it becomes scrubby.

It's not really. When you can only win using broken, unbalanced shit, then you're not good. It is an actual reason, not an excuse.
I'll always say to the top tier whores: Pick a character with no bullshit and main them for a month or two then play me and see how well you do.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It's not really. When you can only win using broken, unbalanced shit, then you're not good. It is an actual reason, not an excuse.
I'll always say to the top tier whores: Pick a character with no bullshit and main them for a month or two then play me and see how well you do.
Or maybe you should stop being stupid and play top tier and beat me. Why should I have to change how I play when I'm winning? You have access to the same bullshit I do. Adapt at the character select screen.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
But *I* wouldn't be adapting then. I wouldn't be doing a goddamn thing.
Yes you would... the only thing that matters at the end of the day is who wins and who loses. Adapting is anything that stops you from losing and helps you win. Sup limiting yourself at the character select screen. PLAY TO WIN

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yes you would... the only thing that matters at the end of the day is who wins and who loses. Adapting is anything that stops you from losing and helps you win. Sup limiting yourself at the character select screen. PLAY TO WIN
Why is play to win the only objective in the game? That might be the case for you... but it is certainly not the case for everyone.

The more I let my character do means the less I actually have to do myself, which means I learn less, which means my actual skill is lower.
I don't play for some stupid number attached to my name. I play for fun and to better myself, and so should everyone else. Fuck "winning."

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs

It's not about winning and losing. It's about who the better player is. The better player does not always come out on top.

If Tom Brady picks Jade and you pick Kenshi, and you win in that match-up in which it is almost impossible for Kenshi to lose, are you a better player than Tom Brady?

Or in the NCAA tournament when Florida Gulf Coast beat Georgetown, FGC was better than a Top 10 team?

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Nice Article or whatever this is. But, this usually all falls down on the opposing player's lack of knowledge about what to do in that or any situation where they feel the need to insult or message the other player about his loss. Most players need to take what they just lost to and absorb what happened and learn from it. Perhaps Player B should feel less inclined to further imply that he was cheated and learn how to deal with stages in Injustice. Perhaps Player A just had the better game-plan. It all falls down on what you do and don't know.

TL;DR When you lose to interactables, just learn from it. Don't insult the other player for playing how they wanted to. It just makes you look stupid in the long run.