What's new

[Dec 29, 2012] Frosty Faustings V (Northbrook, IL)

as the number one team (GGA), and state (Illinois), Illinois will obviously take this one home. we are, by default, the best, as we counter each of our so-called brothers from ohio in matchups who share with us the title of best region in the U.S., and also the world.
m2dave, come so i can own you
FrothyOmen, come so we can determine smoke of midwest w/ @Ribzz and have that 3-way jax off
Lol I'm all smoke again and I beat ribbz at sba so looks like it's u vs me

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Me and streetsweep are going to try our hardest to make this, and we need to get together and figure this shit out. The only thing that would hold me back is the company I worked for went under, and I got re hired by the company that bought us out, so I dont have any vacation anymore. But I will try my hardest to get out there.

Squirt let me know how that goes. Maybe I'll travel with you guys, or something... If I can weasel my travel cost way down then I might be able to make it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
CoCo needs to come to this. m2dave stop being lazy. Come get revenge, fool.

This tournament could very well be bigger than just a GGA local. I talked to top guys from other regions about coming to this and there's interest. It could be a surprisingly stacked tourney.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Just came to check the date on this one again and saw the discussion is alive again, awesome. I really want to have a good showing at this one. I'm still annoyed with how I chocked at Fright Fight. I've got two months to get ready for this, I'd like have my best tournament showing at this one. I believe this is the last Chicago tournament before Injustice correct?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CoCo needs to come to this. m2dave stop being lazy. Come get revenge, fool.

This tournament could very well be bigger than just a GGA local. I talked to top guys from other regions about coming to this and there's interest. It could be a surprisingly stacked tourney.
As usual, if I have time and money, I will be there.

You GGA fools have improved immensely from top to bottom while Ohio barely plays this game any more because of Tekken Tag 2 and DoA5. But watching fools try to play my character at major tournaments always makes me want to travel and show them how zoning is done.

Congratulations on placing top 8, by the way. I also think Dizzy is definitely Midwest's best player at the moment.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Aww screw it.

Barring the event that the Mayans were actually RIGHT, I'll be going to this. I gotta get one more tournament in me before this year is over.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Lol I'm all smoke again and I beat ribbz at sba so looks like it's u vs me
Ha, LBSH it is me and Wafflez. U did come back against my Cage though and then somehow chipped me out by frantically pushing buttons after I dropped dem game winning comboz (reset fail attempt). I understand it was your first time beating me in tourney though so I understand your cloud nine-ness.

My great uncle was named Too Tall John and was buried in a 9-foot Coffin. I request demand the same should I not achieve mighty honour victory in this hair model contest to the death. But we all know that will not be necessary. I accept your peasantly challenge, RiBBz22

I tire of attempting to rally CoCo to travel. This will be my second trip to Chicago this year, I expect props as the little Ohioan who could.

RiBBz22

My great uncle was named Too Tall John and was buried in a 9-foot Coffin. I request demand the same should I not achieve mighty honour victory in this hair model contest to the death. But we all know that will not be necessary. I accept your peasantly challenge, RiBBz22
Hopefully hefty trash bags will do since I am not amortizing any of my winnings into your travel supplies

Damn. He called me both hefty and trash in 20 words or less. Your body is not ready for the new and improved alpha smoke.

Real talk, I wonder if Carl will come to this. We can totally pick him up on the way, should he choose to go.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So you may or may not see me use someone other than Sub-Zero for certain match-up's for the very first time at this tournament since deciding to main him back in September 2011.. Not sure yet, though.

I have some soul searching to do first.

RiBBz22

FOREVER KING m2dave FrothyOmen, if we arranged some sort of group travel would you be up for it? If not it looks like bus tix are around 58 bucks round trip with coupon code esaver (greyhound). In a perfect world I would like to come up there to attend a GGA session if it could possibly be moved closer to the event.