What's new

[Dec 29, 2012] Frosty Faustings V (Northbrook, IL)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Update: Schedule has been posted.

Schedule

11:00 AM: Registration
12:00 PM: GGXXAC, SSFIVAE, MK9, P4A tournaments begin
The remaining 4 singles tournaments will start a few hours later depending on how quickly the brackets for the first 4 games advance so that we can start switching out consoles.

Finals for all games will be streamed. Brackets for all games will run until the finals, in which case they will be paused until ready to be streamed.

GGXXAC teams and special exhibition will start after GGXXAC singles finals.

KOF special exhibition will start after KOF singles finals are finished.

Consoles for each game
GGXXAC – PS3
SSFIVAE – 360
UMvC3 – 360
P4A – 360
KOF – PS3
MK9 – PS3
TT2 – PS3
SG – PS3

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Last time as a group I think we all went to Lou Manati's down the street. Or was that ufgt?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I'd like to come but I might be going to see Zeds Dead on the 29th and it's on PS3 so I would have to buy a ps2 pad and a converter which would be no bueno. Fucking xbox man..

Glass Sword

Nobody
I want to go to this I got to go to as many tournaments as possible to make up for school getting in the way at NEC. I would need a room does anybody want to room with me or have me. I pay in cash and my fair share btw also I will not room with more than 3 other people.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
lou malnati's sounds so good right now, if everyone decides to eat there after the tourney, i'm definitely down

Espio

Kokomo
If I can work something out and get someone to come with me, I might try to make this :).

I'm going to be out of town a little bit before the 29th, so who knows lol.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I'd like to come but I might be going to see Zeds Dead on the 29th and it's on PS3 so I would have to buy a ps2 pad and a converter which would be no bueno. Fucking xbox man..
I always have my converters with me, Grunypants. They aren't that expensive either, like 20.00 on etokki.com - just buy a ps2 pad locally at a gamestop or something and get a ps2-to-ps3 converter and a ps2-to-x360 conveter and you're all set for any system. All EVO events and MLG events have been run on ps3, gotta make the adjustment soon man! :)

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Damn. He called me both hefty and trash in 20 words or less. Your body is not ready for the new and improved alpha smoke.

Real talk, I wonder if Carl will come to this. We can totally pick him up on the way, should he choose to go.
He came (and won) last year, it would be cool to have him back.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Also: if anyone is planning on bringing a setup, let ElvenShadow know in the main SRK thread (link is posted in the original post) as he is trying to take inventory of setups (plus a checklist of who doesn't have to pay the venue fee).

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I always have my converters with me, Grunypants. They aren't that expensive either, like 20.00 on etokki.com - just buy a ps2 pad locally at a gamestop or something and get a ps2-to-ps3 converter and a ps2-to-x360 conveter and you're all set for any system. All EVO events and MLG events have been run on ps3, gotta make the adjustment soon man! :)

I'd say that i'm 90% going to the tournament now because I'm going to go see Excision on the 26th with my friends instead. I'm going to buy an etokki ps2>360 converter and a ps2 pad so I can actually be prepared to play on a playstation pad at a tournament for the first time. Hopefully someone at the venue will be able to lend me a converter or a ps3 pad.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Looks like you are going to be staying up all night saturday and sleeping on the bus ride home sunday.

I am not confirmed yet since it is the weekend before New Years, after all. Doing what I can.
Ya, the other options for departure are NOT good. 10 hours of pain and late arrivals.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™