What's new

[Dec 1, 2012] NEC XIII - MK INVASION! Pre-event list of games! Dec. 1-2, 2012 (Philadelphia, PA)

Noob
MK4 may be changed from MKG on Dreamcast to MK4 on PS1. REO and I will be testing stuff.

If we do use MKG, it will be played with MK4 characters only and standard weapons only.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The question is guys, should I use Stryker or Robo Smoke? :D

Johnny Cage all the way in MK2, I hope I at least win one match.

MKDA would be the only playable 3D MK without any rules attached.

MKD has only 2 rules, so that's not really that big of a deal.

MKA has those same 2 rules, with the exception of Air Kombat which requires you to have knowledge to understand how it works.

MKDC would be MK characters only. I could care less about the DC Universe.

MKDA gets my vote with rather ease. Depending on the number of players i would love to see as many of these games run.

Can't wait for MK4. Finally.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm glad you guys are doing mk2 on Saturday. Maybe do KIller instinct on Saturday if there's time??? I can't play Sunday.

But I'll be there Friday night and Saturday for all the games that are being played. Hopefully some way some how ki too :) I really want to take out CD

My vote goes to MKD for 3D mks. When I get home tonight ill register and actually read everything that's happening. .

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think MKDA would be an interesting choice.

Usually we don't enforce character lock on winner for MKII, sometimes on UMK3, at least, only if the other player objects. It's really up in the air. If players want character lock please speak up and we'll do it. I would honestly vote character lock on all games since we'll be running so many.

Otherwise:

MK - no rules
MKII - no rules
UMK3 - no hacked Noob Saibot (we use the Juggernaut Hack)
MKT - No bosses (PSX version)
MKG - only MK4 characters allowed
MKDA - no rules
KI - no rules

I'm hoping to have an MK supergun finished by NEC but it's not looking like it. If so, we could do MK4 on it, and even War Gods! LMFAO

Moe I hope you're there

Dan, we can try KI on Saturday, can't promise.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

Usually we don't enforce character lock on winner for MKII, sometimes on UMK3, at least, only if the other player objects. It's really up in the air. If players want character lock please speak up and we'll do it. I would honestly vote character lock on all games since we'll be running so many.

Otherwise:

MK - no rules
MKII - no rules
MKDA - no rules
KI - no rules

I'm hoping to have an MK supergun finished by NEC but it's not looking like it. If so, we could do MK4 on it, and even War Gods! LMFAO

Moe I hope you're there

kool hopefully its possible :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Thanks for the tag, Shock.

As it stands, I absolutely will not fly cross-country again without concrete assurances (dare I say a written contract) that other people will stay in the hotel room with me and help split the cost. Either that or someone who lives close by would have to be gracious enough to let me stay at their place for the weekend. When I came to Winter Brawl in March, a number of people who said they would room with me balked at the last minute forcing me to pay more than I had accounted for.

If by some miracle I do appear, I would be playing both MK2 and UMK3.

Noob

As it stands, I absolutely will not fly cross-country again without concrete assurances (dare I say a written contract) that other people will stay in the hotel room with me and help split the cost. Either that or someone who lives close by would have to be gracious enough to let me stay at their place for the weekend. When I came to Winter Brawl in March, a number of people who said they would room with me balked at the last minute forcing me to pay more than I had accounted for.

Someone get this man a roommate!

nwo

Noob

You live in Reno, NV? If so, I live like 2 hours west of you, in CA. It would be nice to split a room with someone in the future. Its unlikely that I'll be going to this though, cause I just went to SJ6 a little over a month ago. For the hell of it, I did look up some round trip plane tickets for these dates, and they were stunningly cheap, about half the price I paid to go to SJ6.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
You live in Reno, NV? If so, I live like 2 hours west of you, in CA. It would be nice to split a room with someone in the future. Its unlikely that I'll be going to this though, cause I just went to SJ6 a little over a month ago. For the hell of it, I did look up some round trip plane tickets for these dates, and they were stunningly cheap, about half the price I paid to go to SJ6.
That's too bad about not going, but completely understandable. I didn't realize you were that close to me. You in the Sacramento area?

I keep mulling the possibility of getting back into MK and starting up tournaments again, but I think I just need some more time away from the scene.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Ask around, I'm trying to get btbb99 to go, I know he's right in the area so he might not be able to stay.

nwo

Noob
That's too bad about not going, but completely understandable. I didn't realize you were that close to me. You in the Sacramento area?

I keep mulling the possibility of getting back into MK and starting up tournaments again, but I think I just need some more time away from the scene.
Yeah, I live in Folsom, which is like 20 miles east of sac. I go to the Reno area about twice a year.

Otherwise:

MK - no rules
MKII - no rules
MKDA - no rules
KI - no rules

Moe I hope you're there

"Voodoo, you are chosen!" I can hear it now.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sorry folks. After another eval of finances I'm sad to say this isn't possible right now. Perhaps I can make Winter Brawl in March, 2013.

ded

Elder God
great guys! if i may ask some stuff:
1. why you dont ban sonya in mk1?
2. gjabs are very different in mk1, i'm still not sure if they must be banned...
3. why is noob banned in umk3 juggernaut hack? (he is not even top 5)
4. only bosses banned in mkt? (noob?!, chameleon...)
5. mkg should also ban weapon select and goro lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
2. gjabs are very different in mk1, i'm still not sure if they must be banned...
REO dominated Winter Brawl earlier this year with Noob.

ded

Elder God
well, yeah but he could also dominate in that tournament with kabal who is a more powerful character...

Noob
Regarding your questions:
1. So few people know how to do it and I don't think she's ever been banned in MK1 tournaments before.

2. Gotta see how it plays out, the game is so outdated and irrelevant at this point that I don't think it matters.

3. It has more to do with the desire to run a pure UMK3 tournament instead of one with a hacked character. If we actually had the Wavenet version then I think it would be cool, but as of now, pure UMK3.

4. Again, just for fun here. Rain def isn't banned because of the difficulty of his inf. and that it doesn't work on everyone. Noob... well, at least in MKT he has some recovery. His inf. can take some skill to do. Chameleon, again, if Noob is in, you have a counter, so on and so forth. Why not? The UMK3 tournament is Saturday, may as well have some more fun with more characters on Sunday in MKT.

5. If we use MKG(we may use MK4 on PS1), it will be MK4 characters only and banned weapon select.

ded

Elder God
Regarding your questions:

1. So few people know how to do it and I don't think she's ever been banned in MK1 tournaments before.

2. Gotta see how it plays out, the game is so outdated and irrelevant at this point that I don't think it matters.

3. It has more to do with the desire to run a pure UMK3 tournament instead of one with a hacked character. If we actually had the Wavenet version then I think it would be cool, but as of now, pure UMK3.

4. Again, just for fun here. Rain def isn't banned because of the difficulty of his inf. and that it doesn't work on everyone. Noob... well, at least in MKT he has some recovery. His inf. can take some skill to do. Chameleon, again, if Noob is in, you have a counter, so on and so forth. Why not? The UMK3 tournament is Saturday, may as well have some more fun with more characters on Sunday in MKT.

5. If we use MKG(we may use MK4 on PS1), it will be MK4 characters only and banned weapon select.

i'm just glad you are making this event with the classics man. one advice if i may. if you can use mkg with the rules you mentioned, dont use ps1 version of mk4 (most of the background polygons had pop-up problems from time to time between matches, making the game look so out of places, such as the Living Forest and Prison Stage. Disappearing parts of the arenas during some hits and Fatalities are present there too and the game slow downs sometimes).