What's new

[Dec 1, 2012] NEC XIII - MK INVASION! Pre-event list of games! Dec. 1-2, 2012 (Philadelphia, PA)

Noob
Northeast Championships... one of the tournaments that has carried Mortal Kombat on it's back for over 10 years. NEC has been an integral part of the MK backbone.

We have talked about this for a long time...more games, more MK.

At NEC XIII, we are doing something very special for the MK Community.

Saturday, December 1

-MK 9 Singles down to top 8(possibly 4 depending on Spooky).
-MK1
-MK2
-UMK3

Sunday, December 2

-MK9 Team Tag (2 players per team)
-MK Trilogy Greatest Hits (on PS1)
-MK Gold (on Dreamcast - PS2 to DC converters provided)
-3D MK of choice (vote to be held)
-Killer Instinct

There is a possibility that MK1 may be moved to Saturday... but this is the list thus far.

KombatNetwork will be streaming the action all day Saturday and Sunday and should have TWO setups for streams both days(one for MK9 and one for 2dMK).

The schedule and timetable for the games and pools are being determined.

Stream Schedule:
Games will be streamed throughout the day. Schedule is NOT set in stone, nor is it any specific order. We will get everything we can get onto the streams but there is no promise that EVERY GAME LISTED will get stream time. We will get to what we get to.

Saturday

KombatNetwork - http://twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

-MK9 down to top 8(possibly4)
-MK2 WF/LF/GF if MK9 doesn't run too long
-UMK3 WF/LF/GF if MK9 doesn't run too long
-MK1 WF/LF/GF if MK9 doesn't run too long

KombatNetwork alternate (url coming soon)

-MK1 to WF
-MK2 to WF
-UMK3 to WF

Sunday

Team Spooky

-MK9 Top 8(possibly top 4)

KombatNetwork

-MK9 Team Tag
-Killer Instinct WF/LF/GF
-MK Trilogy WF/LF/GF if time permits
-MK Gold WF/LF/GF if time permits
-3D MK WF/LF/GF if time permits

KombatNetwork alternate

Games to be streamed throughout the day depending on time
-MK Trilogy (either entirely or to WF)
-MK Gold (either entirely or to WF)
-3D MK (either entirely or to WF)
-Killer Instinct (either entirely or to WF)

We are taking an UNOFFICIAL list of people who plan to attend. Again, this list is UNOFFICIAL and it DOES NOT register you for ANYTHING. It just gives us a list of who to expect for what game. You will need to PRE-REGISTER online or REGISTER at the venue for these games.

Please list your sign up using this template:

Name:
Tag:
1. (Game 1)
2. (Game 2)
3. (Game 3)
etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I am fucking there. If there are any opens for staff please let me know, I would love to help out again.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I am fucking there. If there are any opens for staff please let me know, I would love to help out again.
^^^ This right here. Whatever you guys need, I am IN.

Also,
Make sure you list what games you're playing.
Count me in for the Tag Tournament and either MKDA or Deception if they're on the list.

Name: Angel Rivera.
Tag: Lieutenant Box.
Games Entering: 3/4.
1. MK9.
2. MK9 Tag Tournament.
3. MK: Deadly Alliance (If Available).
4. MK: Deception (If Available).

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Please use the listed format from my first post... trying to keep things neat here... LOL
Name: Mike Riazy
Tag: Mikemetroid
Games Entering: 6
1. Mortal Kombat 9
2. UMK3
3. Mortal Kombat 2
4. Mortal Kombat 1
5. MKT (if present)
6. Mortal Kombat 9 (tag)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
6. Mortal Kombat 9 (tag)
My regular tag team is Cyrax/Cage.

You and I should join forces, sir.

THE METROID BOX.

You know you want to.

When I get paid Thursday, I'm gonna go re-buy the MK3D 3-pack they have at my store and get MKDA off Ebay, dig up my memory card, and get myself re-familiar with the old world.
I never really played it that seriously, but there's no such thing as a bad reason to grind it out in my favorites of the old titles.
OMG I get to run through Konquest again...

"HAM!! I LOVE HAM!!"

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Just so you guys know Kombat Network is planning on hosting UMK3 and MK2 tournaments and streaming them both. If you have any questions please post them in this thread. We are trying to see how many players for these games are planning on coming to NEC. Hoping to get the best turn out for these games yet!

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Besides just MK9 Kombat Network will have 2 streams running , mk9 and the 2D stream
we will have the woolay show and the on blast show as well as shock and I , broadcasting crazy 2d action all weekend!
we hope you all can come out for this, NEC usually brings out the old school!! Hope to see you all there

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
2D MK players yes, please be aware, we're going to be running UMK3 and MKII on Saturday on a dedicate stream, so there will be two MK streams Saturday night. Top 3 for each may be run on the main KombatNetwork account if we have time. Sunday we are looking at MK1, MKT (PSX Greatest Hits), MK Gold (without the Gold only characters and PS2 adapters will be available for the DreamCast), Killer Instinct, and we'll run a vote for a 3D MK game, either DA, D, A, or DC.

It is likely we'll run $5 entry fee for MKII and UMK3, but I'm not sure about anything. Maybe $2 winner take all at most.

Here's a list of players who either run, help, frequent northeast tournaments, may go, want to go, or bring players with them, we'd like to give a heads up that there will be 2D and we know you play! Anyone else who should be tagged who isn't, or from other regions whom I am not aware are coming, please do so. Remember I don't know everyone who played the 3D games so I need help with that. Get the word out.

summoning
AC1984
jamessmk
STORMS
NoDoubt
AREZ God of War
dreemernj
Check
Tom Brady

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Make sure to add, likely $5 entry for MKII and UMK3. Also I have an idea for another team elimination that can be done to keep the stream interesting once top 8 is done. If players think the idea is interesting enough we can go through with it.

The MK9 Survivor Series

• When the tournament is over, first and second place will make teams of 4 players each.
  • Second place gets first pick of anyone who entered the tournament and is still in attendance. From there, turns will be taken until there are two teams of 4 players, to be played in elimination style one on one matches until one team is eliminated through accumulative losses.
  • Character lock will be enforced throughout the Series per player, but there may be duplicate characters per team (ie: 2 players on one team using the same character). Duplicates however, might be tactically discouraged because of the rules that follow, which I feel make it interesting.
  • The teams will have a short recess, perhaps 15 minutes or up to a half hour, to determine strategy of character selection (eg: player A should use X character because of player D on team 2 using Y character), and also choosing the first player to start, in confidence of just the team itself. The first two players are to be selected and written down, to be revealed at the start of the Series.
  • Every player in the Series has 3 strikes, or a "3 count," for you wrestling fans if you will, before they are eliminated, but they do not have to lose all 3 matches to the same player.
  • If you lose a match (as in 2 rounds of a normal match) you will have the option to tag in any of your partners you think can take the set, because they might have better experience with the matchup, or a better character to use against the character. You will retain your loss, and have 2 remaining chances to survive. Conceivably, everyone in the set could have 1, 2, or a combination of 1 and 2 losses a piece, against different players.
I think that's about it, if I forgot anything I'll add it later, but hopefully any questions that arise will solve issues. Bonuses and what not for this may be determined in the near future. I'm looking at trying to get bonuses for MK in general. I'd like to have at least $500 for MK9, and $250 bonuses for UMK3 and MKII. I'll see what I can do, but it might come down to a fund raiser.