What's new

Dash mechanic discussion

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Run jabs :DOGE

Is there a run button or is double tapping in a direction?

Wrong, It was in MK3. You couldn't link combos from jump punches in MK3

I actually think Run Jabs are going to work (so long as you have Endurance left ).. I think Maximilian said its unk3'ish

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I'm glad they are trying to incorporate run back into the game. Dash-blocking in mk9 was incredibly awkward to watch as a spectator and seeing them try something new is a very refreshing thing to see in the fighting game genre.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I had no problem with Dash blocking in MK9 but the run option in MK3 wasnt a problem either. Just got to adjusting to running again in MK. Since in KOF its a lil different.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Currently:

1. You CANNOT basic dash block or cancel your basic dash with an attack.
2. You can run (uses endurance meter) and cancel the run with attack/block/jump/back dash.
3. You can do a basic dash into a run cancel and cancel the run with attack/block/jump/back dash.
But the endurance meter works like UMK3 correct? It comes back fairly quick.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm not sure I understand...

so if I dash in and then hit block... my character will start running?

If that's the case, I'm just gonna walk block. lol

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Also can anyone tell me if the backdashes are invincible like injustice?
I would think they have some sort of invincibilty frames since it currently cost half your endurance bar.

I also think this endurance bar won't regenerate THAT fast, because everything is tuned up for the presentation. Like unlimited meter.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't think its been said wether or not run-cancels actually have any recovery or even if you have to hold the button to continue running. I think max (and co) said dashes eat stamina in chunks (maybe just 2 or 3 per full meter) whereas run is a slow drain. Its entirely possible it works the exact same way it ever did, you're just limited in how many you can do by stamina.

dash block:
f,f,bl (let go of forward and the block begins)

therefore run/dash jab:
f,f,bl~n+1 / b,b,bl~n+2

It all depends on wether its the block input that keeps you running or the forward input.