What's new

CYRAX Patch changes.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
the buzzsaw reset is gone, the net onto medium bomb however seems to remain, harder to time, but somehow seems to have a way to guarantee, might be just me but im sure the buzzsaw is safer on block, if anyone can confirm thatd be sweet

REYTHEGREAT

So basically the buzzsaw reset is gone? I was ready for this. Us cyrax players can still find a way to set up our opponent into a bad situation. But I'll miss that 70% corner reset :(

NariTuba

disMember
What happens if you use the saw into a bomb? do you get to continue the combo without the reset? or does the bomb no longer launch? if it doesnt launch, does it hit?

You can still combo into saw right? How about a second net?

How are OTG bomb resets affected?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Mustard just told me that on the MK3 costume the buzzsaw is safe on block and hits overhead.

Like noob however, regular cyrax doesn't get the overhead buff.

Mustard just told me that on the MK3 costume the buzzsaw is safe on block and hits overhead.

Like noob however, regular cyrax doesn't get the overhead buff.
That's retarded.

Also, how does one do the 58% 1 meter combo? Highest I've gotten was 55%, but with crazy-tough timing. As it stands, my BnB is 47%, so an extra 11% will be great.

he can still hit 58% with one bar, everything but the unavoidable resets seem relatively unchanged.
This is the combo I was referring to.

At any rate, I'll let you guys know if I find anything new with Cyrax post-patch. I'm probably not going to be the best at this, considering I've only been playing with him for less than a business week, but still.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
What happens if you use the saw into a bomb? do you get to continue the combo without the reset? or does the bomb no longer launch? if it doesnt launch, does it hit?

You can still combo into saw right? How about a second net?

How are OTG bomb resets affected?
Haven't tested it and probably won't but im guessing it's gonna do like when you do an Up+4, the character splats into a state in which the bombs can't do anything.

I'd like if someone could confirm, im not taking that gears disc off my xbox lol.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
So basically the buzzsaw reset is gone? I was ready for this. Us cyrax players can still find a way to set up our opponent into a bad situation. But I'll miss that 70% corner reset :(
Main reason i've been posting videos all this time, to show the best combos cyrax will have post patch.

I was thinking about picking up cyrax and working on being one of the few legit Cyrax players that doesn't rely on resets like mustard. Glad to see these patches don't affect anything other than the resets, I absolutely love big flashy explosive combos like in Marvel so Cyrax is a great fit for me.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
That's retarded.

Also, how does one do the 58% 1 meter combo? Highest I've gotten was 55%, but with crazy-tough timing. As it stands, my BnB is 47%, so an extra 11% will be great.
jip 21, net, jip 21, ex bomb, medium bomb, d2. b2 (second hit) 21, 121, = 58%

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
the buzzsaw reset is gone, the net onto medium bomb however seems to remain, harder to time, but somehow seems to have a way to guarantee, might be just me but im sure the buzzsaw is safer on block, if anyone can confirm thatd be sweet
His chest saw is safer on block and it's an overhead. I made the post where I asked Paulo to consider it, they said they would, and now it is. My thread about that very request is still here, and I was called stupid for asking for it, but now the move finally as a purpose, and using it in resets is not a purpose and those were never intended. I am officially going back to Cyrax.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
His chest saw is safer on block and it's an overhead. I made the post where I asked Paulo to consider it, they said they would, and now it is. My thread about that very request is still here, and I was called stupid for asking for it, but now the move finally as a purpose, and using it in resets is not a purpose and those were never intended. I am officially going back to Cyrax.
its a welcome addition, but i really dont see it having much use, still highly punishable and would only end a combo, i still question why they even decided to do it in the first place lol

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
its a welcome addition, but i really dont see it having much use, still highly punishable and would only end a combo, i still question why they even decided to do it in the first place lol
Someone said that his first skin has not got the chest saw buff, they both do, and they both overhead.

123 Chestsaw will be safe against certain characters. And IMO, it runs no more risk than sub zero doing a 212slide or 22slide on block. And subs slide will whiff worse than the saw will now. Put it in that perspective.

Also, the en chest saw us also overhead, so the opponent can't crouch block it, in that instance where you use it fullscreen to kill of the opponent, and every cyrax player has done that at least once...

TONY-T

Mad scientist
When you guys say the chest saw is now an overhead, do you mean it has a new animation? or does it still look the same with new properties?