What's new

CYRAX Patch changes.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think Cyrax got hit a bit harder than people realize through indirect nerfs.

For one, the chest saw buff isn't that great imo due to the fact that cyrax never suffered from lack of high options but instead of lack of low options, which is still true. I'll have to play with it more I guess, but I can't see this really helping that much against any competent players.

The jump in punch advantage reduction is huge since Cyrax relies heavily on command throw set-ups in place of lows (again, imo).

Some of the other resets were also taken out, like the basic ex bomb medium bomb dash 3 is now back roll techable as well instead of just wake-upable. On the same subject, the overall wake up improvement game hurts cyraxs bomb setups reliability that are based on knockdowns.

He's still playable and all, I just think NRS really beat the shit out of this character compared to Lau who somehow still got buffed in the patch? Go figure.
How can you say Cyrax was hurt by the wakeup change when he already had that stupid AAthrow wakeup that was shit hard to punish anyway & basically acted as a free wakeup crossover like Raidens teleport. Especially since he has no recovery while landing.

It just means that Cyrax can get up off the ground for free now which is stupid.

Resets arent what Cyrax is about so having ANY reset taken out really doesnt matter, his bomb setups on the other hand are basically the same, but now instead of having to worry about a D4 on our wakeup that keeps us locked into a bomb, we also have to worry about a stupid overhead buzzsaw that wasnt needed. Near enough a 50/50 situation for every bomb setup isnt it?

With every patch that comes out Cyrax just gets better, while other characters get shit taken away that never needs to be taken.

Never wanna hear a Cyrax player complain about ANYTHING in this game, just as a KL/Raiden/Kabal player shouldnt.

nah i wouldn't say he got nerfed tbh, the buzz saw gives him the space on block he could never get before, you can actually put them outside of harms way with the saw which helps against certain characters, i haven't noticed any change in the non exploit resets, all of mine have still been working, and the jump in command grab still works, its just not as reliable, you can still do it after blocked strings etc.
Hm I'll try out the spacing stuff, hadn't considered that aspect of it really. Any specific characters you find this particularly useful against?

Yeah you can definitely still do it, but that's basically what I was saying, it is all just that much less effective compared to where it was.

How can you say Cyrax was hurt by the wakeup change when he already had that stupid AAthrow wakeup that was shit hard to punish anyway & basically acted as a free wakeup crossover like Raidens teleport. Especially since he has no recovery while landing.

It just means that Cyrax can get up off the ground for free now which is stupid.

Resets arent what Cyrax is about so having ANY reset taken out really doesnt matter, his bomb setups on the other hand are basically the same, but now instead of having to worry about a D4 on our wakeup that keeps us locked into a bomb, we also have to worry about a stupid overhead buzzsaw that wasnt needed. Near enough a 50/50 situation for every bomb setup isnt it?

With every patch that comes out Cyrax just gets better, while other characters get shit taken away that never needs to be taken.

Never wanna hear a Cyrax player complain about ANYTHING in this game, just as a KL/Raiden/Kabal player shouldnt.
Lol I think I explained my rationale pretty clearly on why the changes aren't helpful to him in the long term. Disagree if you want, I don't really feel like having an argument because Mustard's fan-club says there is only one way to play Cyrax (No offense to you Mustard, you're a cool guy).

At any rate, feel free to re-read my post if you actually were trying to understand my point as you'll find they directly bring to attention to the things you described as buffs. For instance a d4 keeping you locked down on your wake-up vs everyone in the game having safer wake up options to deal with that kind of thing...

It was a bad question! There's lots of threads with the answer to your question and other users are not obligated to act as your Google search engine!
a non response wouldve been more helpful... I think people are forgetting the point of a forum

but anyway I found my answer so... suck on a ex bomb

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Hm I'll try out the spacing stuff, hadn't considered that aspect of it really. Any specific characters you find this particularly useful against?

Yeah you can definitely still do it, but that's basically what I was saying, it is all just that much less effective compared to where it was.

Lol I think I explained my rationale pretty clearly on why the changes aren't helpful to him in the long term. Disagree if you want, I don't really feel like having an argument because Mustard's fan-club says there is only one way to play Cyrax (No offense to you Mustard, you're a cool guy).

At any rate, feel free to re-read my post if you actually were trying to understand my point as you'll find they directly bring to attention to the things you described as buffs. For instance a d4 keeping you locked down on your wake-up vs everyone in the game having safer wake up options to deal with that kind of thing...
fanclub? lol, im just friends with them man, they play against cyrax much more often than most do so of course they all know the matchup as far as possible now, what foxy is saying is that cyrax never relied on resets in the first place, but more bomb setups/patterns etc, this saw buff is much better than i first gave it credit for and feel it can really help him further, to answer your question i think it really helps him against cage, as i dont even think the shadow kick can punish the saw and beforehand you were always left in his face on block, and all cage needs is a down 1 to get things going so now we have room to breathe, it helps against any character with strong rushdown, liu kang, kug lao etc.

blues686

Black lantern

lmao, i never get tired of your salt!!! lol

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
lmao, i never get tired of your salt!!! lol
That's funny, the post didn't seem the least bit salty to me. Please learn the difference between salt and backed up opinion after playing against the character for so long, saves unnecessary arguments.

Thank you.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I like that NRS says "Cyrax's mk3 costume should behave the same as the primary costume now"
But MK3 buzzsaw hits mid, while MK9 hits high.
This makes all the difference when you can train an opponent to crouch block with d4 and then go into a mid-hitting buzzsaw.

KTH

Noob
Personally, this patch made cyrax way better than he was. Even without the reset, he's still better atm. We still have reset though :) . Will i still use reset? yes you bet i will. I'll mix them up with other combos. There's nothing wrong with using everything a char can do.

AA is heavily punishable. All my opponents can get over 40 percent. Scorpion can d1 into combo, kunglao can spin, mileena can roll. There's no way AA is a free ge out card. Yes they do it consistently.