What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
[quote="Youphemism, post: 1533537, member: 28935r 5 and 2 is 8 frames then they can still MB b3...[/quote]
8 minus 4 is 4. The startup on mb b3 is 5 so no it is not interruptable.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ok A) what's with the weird quoting? Lol
B) How do you know it's 5 frames? I'm pretty sure I've heard people say it only takes one or two frames to MB a b3/f3. I'll double check it myself tomorrow.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
[/quote]
Ok A) what's with the weird quoting? Lol
B) How do you know it's 5 frames? I'm pretty sure I've heard people say it only takes one or two frames to MB a b3/f3. I'll double check it myself tomorrow.[/quote]
There is a five frame gap in ba's d1 lightning and you can only mb b3 in between it. Gl's b13 has a two frame gap and mb b3 doesn't work on that.

Youphemism

There is a five frame gap in ba's d1 lightning and you can only mb b3 in between it. Gl's b13 has a two frame gap and mb b3 doesn't work on that.
How do you know the size of those gaps though? Also Flash can d2 d1~lightning so there might be something wonky with that.

Youphemism

D2 goes under lightning
Yeah but it has more than 5 frames of startup, that's my point. Anyway this is probably going to be a long discussion and I need to go to sleep so I'll test it tomorrow and get back to you on that.
You would be able to mb b3 in between bat girl's b2 u3 since there is a 1 f gap in that but you can't.
Not true, mbb3 is more than 1 frame. I said it was 1 frame to MB it, as in an additional frame. So 2+ frames.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Quote="Youphemism, post: 1533557, member: 28935"]Yeah but it has more than 5 frames of startup, that's my point. Anyway this is probably going to be a long discussion and I need to go to sleep so I'll test it tomorrow and get back to you on that.

Not true, mbb3 is more than 1 frame. I said it was 1 frame to MB it, as in an additional frame. So 2+ frames.[/quote]
Then you should be able to mb out of b2 3 with batman but that's more than a 4 frame gap like you can't neutral jump between it but you can jump back but your feet still get hit

Youphemism

Ok so your "block infinite" doesn't work on Wonder Woman.
1. She can literally just jump back and it will avoid it, and she can air dash over you and whiff punish you for full combo.
2. Her shield parry will beat it out.
3. Unless you are frame perfect she can parry it in lasso too into full combo.
4. If she duck blocks the SD your next standing 2 will whiff and she can punish for full combo.
Think and test first :p

Last edited:

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Question for the Cyborg tech heads...
Does Cyborg have any bgb hkd setups with target acquired? Anything similar to jokers bgb teeth setups? I've been tinkering with this in the lab but want to know if anything has actually been optimized.

Does Cyborg have any bgb hkd setups with target acquired? Anything similar to jokers bgb teeth setups? I've been tinkering with this in the lab but want to know if anything has actually been optimized.
Yeah I know that one person in this thread discovered that after the background bounce hard knockdown you do: Close Target Acquired, J2, B2 which will be a overhead low overhead setup

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Ok so your "block infinite" doesn't work on Wonder Woman.
1. She can literally just jump back and it will avoid it, and she can air dash over you and whiff punish you for full combo.
2. Her shield parry will beat it out.
3. Unless you are frame perfect she can parry it in lasso too into full combo.
4. If she duck blocks the SD your next standing 2 will whiff and she can punish for full combo.
Think and test first :p
She can't jump back. You must be timing it way too late.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
He actually would if he had normals worth a dam. Sometimes i do a combo into bgb x close bombs then jump over them and it would mess with some characters wake ups. Then once the get a read on that then just do crossover j2(blocked) cancel into b2.

Youphemism

She can't jump back. You must be timing it way too late.
She can jump back, I tested it thoroughly. I even made sure it was frame perfect because Wonder Woman couldn't reversal parry it. YOU aren't testing it properly.

Trust me, I'm a tech monster lol. I do this all the time.