What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I thought he was fine. Definitely high tier tho.
i agree, i think he was top 10 possibly top 5

but someones gotta be, and he was fair and unique

wouldn't have complained about nerfs to HTB

this too much tho

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Oh any other CSZ player knows there's much more to his corner game than that shitty B3D4 HTB. That's some day 1 sheet.
Divekick, f13, f1 stagger b1, b3, grab. Its not science.

Not much harder than dealing with Cage. Only you know if you block correctly vs CSZ, you don't have 10 seconds if chip damage to eat after knockdown.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Honestly, No dive kick should be safe on block. Ever. That is a fair nerf.
The ice ball nerf, on the other hand, is just plain (soap bar in my mouth).
thing about his dive kick tho, its so integral to his gameplay,unlike a lot of other characters with dive kick, they actually get something off of it, wheather it be a knock down or a combo, cyber sub hits you with his dive kick, he's just +5.....not even a knockdown, just +5, its not even worth doing if u can potentially be punished every time no matter how low u space it, whats the point? the only piont now is if you have a bomb or something backing you up, so the threat of divekick is gonna be a lot less.

have fun with your wrecked character people, ill be using sektor :)

Matix218

Get over here!
I have no idea bro. Ive yet to experience what "buffed" feels like, only nerfs and more nerfs, and when I switch they get buffed. Every single time it's happened lol. Depressing man. Very depressing.
That does suck. I am a scorpion (hell and ninj) and smoke player so I really can't complain. Smoke is still pretty much intact and they have buffed scorpion in 1.12 so I feel bad for some people who devoted a ton of time to a character like csz only to have odd choices for nerfs and changes.

Hang in there bro, maybe you will find some new tech with him and it will be ok

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Before the patch he didn't need to use any meter for his usual BnB's so the fact you need to use a bar to gain an opening is just viable now.

Considering they didn't touch his setups & scaled the damage (divekicks) isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

marietta1200

Best Coast
Before the patch he didn't need to use any meter for his usual BnB's so the fact you need to use a bar to gain an opening is just viable now.

Considering they didn't touch his setups & scaled the damage (divekicks) isn't the end of the world.
I'm not near the game but all of the mains on here are saying setups are gone sooooo...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No I did, like his shit is weak, it's easy for someone who hasn't tried to do everything day 1 to come in and say "you can find new stuff" but if I keep taking your tools from you until you have nothing left you can't build a house that will stand up against other houses.
This is literally not even a half a day after the patch dropped. The character hasn't even been out for a month, as is. There are characters who get nerfed patch after patch and end up still the best just because players come up with new shit constantly.

Shit looks bleak as fuck, but unless you try to make the character better, you're never going to know if the character really was that dumb at launch.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Wait wait wait wait....either I misread this or I'm about to get punked......His iceball nerf makes it so that if I JiP > [starter] > iceball, I now need to enhance to iceball for it to connect or else it's too slow?

Is this correct? I just want to know because if this is true then this is single handedly the DUMBEST fucking thing I've read....and I was on Youtube

I GOT HANDS

they did touch his set-ups

and those 1 bar combos cost a bar, are unhitconfirmable, are punishable on block, and do like 25-28% damage

I GOT HANDS

Wait wait wait wait....either I misread this or I'm about to get punked......His iceball nerf makes it so that if I JiP > [starter] > iceball, I now need to enhance to iceball for it to connect or else it's too slow?

Is this correct? I just want to know because if this is true then this is single handedly the DUMBEST fucking thing I've read....and I was on Youtube
thats 1 of the many nerfs he recieved, yes

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is literally not even a half a day after the patch dropped. The character hasn't even been out for a month, as is. There are characters who get nerfed patch after patch and end up still the best just because players come up with new shit constantly.

Shit looks bleak as fuck, but unless you try to make the character better, you're never going to know if the character really was that dumb at launch.
I hear what you're saying, but this is some Injustice Scorpion level of nerfing. There's just not much left to do with the character right now. Most characters meterless damage is more than CSZ 1 bar enhanced drone damage. You can D1 out the HTB setups with the B3 nerf or even jump without frame tight timing. The neutral game is Jacqui levels of bad. Pokes are bad. Most meterless combos don't even exist anymore, and B3 and F4 into iceball won't even connect unless your reallyy close. F13 doesn't connect at all into ice, making meterless combos not optimal. 3% damage nerf when using iceball and drone calls when the damage was already lowest in the game level.

It's bad man, really bad. I didn't say anything at all about the first nerfs. It made sense. These nerfs however a grim. Can't imagine what makes this character good anymore at this point. I'll try for a few days, but I'm probably off this sinking ship.

Maybe I'll play Takeda. Godlike char that NRS refuses to "normalize".

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I hear what you're saying, but this is some Injustice Scorpion level of nerfing. There's just not much left to do with the character right now. Most characters meterless damage is more than CSZ 1 bar enhanced drone damage. You can D1 out the HTB setups with the B3 nerf or even jump without frame tight timing. The neutral game is Jacqui levels of bad. Pokes are bad. Most meterless combos don't even exist anymore, and B3 and F4 into iceball won't even connect unless your reallyy close. 3% damage nerf when using iceball and drone calls when the damage was already lowest in the game level.

It's bad man, really bad. I didn't say anything at all about the first nerfs. It made sense. These nerfs however a grim. Can't imagine what makes this character good anymore at this point. I'll try for a few days, but I'm probably off this sinking ship.

Maybe I'll play Takeda. Godlike char that NRS refuses to "normalize".
Not much left to do RIGHT NOW.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it and say he didn't get hit that bad. It was pretty hard. But looking back at past DLC (Tremor...), I'm not sold on the character losses just yet. And even if it's a loss...as I've said in other posts, it was a "better safe than sorry" kind of thing.

thats 1 of the many nerfs he recieved, yes
Exactly, Like EVERY CHARACTER with a stun in MKX CAN do that simple starter. JIP<Starter (OH/LOW)> Stun move. Everyone except CSZ now -_- wtf were they thinking. If their gonna make the iceball slower at least buff it to where it can still at least connect for simple BNB that does 28-32%.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Cyber Sub HAD a basic game plan.

Play the fullscreen game and with the threat of a shotgun ice ball trade, then you are taken to the corner, that was his basic design, and it is no longer.

He has no up close game and he has horrific mids, he can't work with any of those now as an adaption to the patch, and his damage has gotten worse, considering his mid screen combo damage wasn't what won him any games.

He is a bit of a mess right now, but maybe in time he won't be, but for right now, I don't have time in a week to redevelop a plan to play him before Glasgow.

So I feel the frustration with the UK/EU guys that main him right now, or at least had plans to.