What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
B3 HTB, B1, 2+4 which is plus on block into another 50/50, 21 into untechable throw, 21 into DK. He also has setups similar to Bo's Crop Duster I've found with EX Bomb.

Apparently the advantage on his f2 has been nerfed so his corner game has been hit too, if he can still get a bomb out and be plus at the end of a combo though his corner game will still be stupid.
Unless there's some secret tech I don't know about, how is B1 2+4 + on block?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The tournament viable lethal killing machine can join his mk9 counterpart. It was meant to be guys. :D

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I thought people were overreacting to the nerfs but he literally has nothing going for him now.

RIP Cyber-Sub. Never allowed to live.

Last edited:
I don't see anything in the patchnotes about his F2 being less advantage ie making him unable to set up bomb HTB. And when I was just online with him if the person did not have meter or an armored wake up they weren't able to get out for free

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't see anything in the patchnotes about his F2 being less advantage ie making him unable to set up bomb HTB. And when I was just online with him if the person did not have meter or an armored wake up they weren't able to get out for free
what button were you using for Oki

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'll still be playing him. If you used B1xxIce Ball, you were playing unnecessarily yolo with cyber sub to begin with imo. B1(2+4) EX is wayyyy more safe in comparison, hit confirmable and grants more damage in BnBs. Divekicks should be unsafe too, I think its bullshit whenever I block one from Sonya and flub my punish and lose my turn over it. If I ever had a divekick go unpunished I felt like I won the lottery, it was never a crutch. F13xxIce Ball not working is pretty lame as that was my main whiff punish, but cyber sub builds meter like mad anyways I don't see a big deal into being forced to use one in that combo.
B1 2+4 is just as unsafe lol

Noob
Man im still waiting for that official post from NRS saying this was a aprils fools Joke, just to realise that the patch came out on the 29th... and the funniest thing about all this is, they could come to their senses and realise hey maybe we went overboard, but should we fix it? Nah just leave it its done we have their money so its cool, they will forget about this when Injustice 2 comes out and then we can just do it all over again to some other poor Dc character....

God im pissed... i literally dont even feel like loging to play MKX, i spent 5 mins with CZ0 in training and all i could do is shake my head and laugh... Paulo and 16Bit should not be allowed to patch shit let alone games...

NRS sure likes their golden turds... this sure its pretty game but a Golden turd is still a turd no matter how shiny you make it...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
B3 HTB, B1, 2+4 which is plus on block into another 50/50, 21 into untechable throw, 21 into DK. He also has setups similar to Bo's Crop Duster I've found with EX Bomb.

Apparently the advantage on his f2 has been nerfed so his corner game has been hit too, if he can still get a bomb out and be plus at the end of a combo though his corner game will still be stupid.
Honestly the high execution for his combos isn't worth the damage now. All of his bnbs barely do 26-28% with higher than average execution. He doesn't trade projectiles well unless he mbs ice ball. The only thing that makes him somewhat viable is his corner game.

Cyrax is best Borg now free.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Unless there's some secret tech I don't know about, how is B1 2+4 + on block?
Yeah what the other guy suggested. After a bomb setup in the corner B1, 2+4 cold be made plus enough so you could get a B3 and they couldn't poke, their only option was armour. But seeing as B3 has been slowed down and the hit adv on F2 has apparently been castrated this might no longer be possible though.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Alright so after saying "He's fine you guys are overreacting" for pretty much all morning, I went to the lab and did a couple matches with Cyber Sub. Yeaaaaah gonna have to agree that he is a lot weaker now.

Now I still think there is overreacting going on when people say he's totally ruined and garbage now. However, Cyber Sub has been hit harder than I thought when I read the notes.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
LOL, I gave Cyber Sub an hour in training mode last night after I got home... Sorry boys, the dream is officially over. I should have learned my lesson when I quit the game 6 months before KP2 came out. Good job on improving the online NRS, but just a FYI that 15-20 nerfs on a character in a month can not really be regarded as a balance change. I liked Cyber Sub a lot because he had so many good options, now he just feels way too gimped to even have fun playing. Could he have used more tweaking? Honestly I am not sure, but he definitely didn't deserve to have nearly every option he had to be taken away or made severely worse lol.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Honestly the high execution for his combos isn't worth the damage now. All of his bnbs barely do 26-28% with higher than average execution. He doesn't trade projectiles well unless he mbs ice ball. The only thing that makes him somewhat viable is his corner game.

Cyrax is best Borg now free.
what corner game, he no longer beats wake up buttons with his 50/50 after a bomb, his corner game is gone as well

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't understand how anyone is surprised by this.

Really.

And this is coming from a day 1 Tremor player who's watched his character get his stone cock repeatedly smashed in the dirt with every patch.

They're on a mission to actually level the playing field and make sure that out of the 100+ choices available in the roster that at the end of the day no one clocks out as genuinely fucking dumb. But if you want to make an omlette, you gotta break some eggs.

Mourn. Grieve. Move on.
Channel your anger into something dirtier.
Or figure out a better way to utilize him.
This is a competition.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I don't understand how anyone is surprised by this.

Really.

They're on a mission to actually level the playing field and make sure that out of the 100+ choices available in the roster that at the end of the day no one clocks out as genuinely fucking dumb. But if you want to make an omlette, you gotta break some eggs.

Mourn. Grieve. Move on.
Channel your anger into something dirtier.
Or figure out a better way to utilize him.
This is a competition.
1. Nobody is surprised that nerfs were coming. People are surprised that a basic fucking move that is available to everyone in the roster, JiP > [starter] > [special move that staggers], has been removed. That's like making scorpion's spear so slow that you can't connect it after a JiP and a starter. NOBODY expected that level of stupidity

2. They've been so caught up with "leveling" the playing field, in a fighting game that they didn't realize that you can go overboard in doing so. You want to level the playing field, look at Kung Lao shenanigans or Kung Jun. 2 characters that most don't consider broken yet are a million times better than the current CSZ. How is this leveling exactly? Some characters will always be better but it doesnt mean u bring them from A tier to shit tier. That's not balancing.

3. Figure out a better way to use him? Have you been in the lab with him? Is he still useable? sure, all characters are. But why would anyone want to be frustrated as fuck playing a character when better characters exist that do more damage and have an easier execution. This is a competition, which by definition should have a leveled playing field as you say, CSZ, at the current time, is not up to par to do any kind of competition.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
1. Nobody is surprised that nerfs were coming. People are surprised that a basic fucking move that is available to everyone in the roster, JiP > [starter] > [special move that staggers], has been removed. That's like making scorpion's spear so slow that you can't connect it after a JiP and a starter. NOBODY expected that level of stupidity

2. They've been so caught up with "leveling" the playing field, in a fighting game that they didn't realize that you can go overboard in doing so. You want to level the playing field, look at Kung Lao shenanigans or Kung Jun. 2 characters that most don't consider broken yet are a million times better than the current CSZ. How is this leveling exactly? Some characters will always be better but it doesnt mean u bring them from A tier to shit tier. That's not balancing.

3. Figure out a better way to use him? Have you been in the lab with him? Is he still useable? sure, all characters are. But why would anyone want to be frustrated as fuck playing a character when better characters exist that do more damage and have an easier execution. This is a competition, which by definition should have a leveled playing field as you say, CSZ, at the current time, is not up to par to do any kind of competition.
1. 111~Iceball still connects. The basic concept of jip, starter, special still applies. Yes, it no longer does to F13 specifically, which sucks, but it's not like Cyber Sub can no longer punish stuff. Only thing I wished is that Drone-Enhanced Iceball still connected to F13, would've been neat.

2. Shit tier remains to be seen, though I do agree now that Cyber Sub has been hit very hard.

3. Saying MKX is a competition completely negates casual play. It's a thing, hell I'm fairly casual myself. Of course I want to win, but I'm not going tryhard on every single match. Games are about having fun as well.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
1. 111~Iceball still connects. The basic concept of jip, starter, special still applies. Yes, it no longer does to F13 specifically, which sucks, but it's not like Cyber Sub can no longer punish stuff. Only thing I wished is that Drone-Enhanced Iceball still connected to F13, would've been neat.
111~iceball still connects cool. 11~iceball doesn't so if you are a bit too quick, you lose. B1~iceball doesnt work either so there goes his overhead game, F13~iceball doesn't connect so why bother using it as a starter anymore really. I think B3~iceball still works. They basically slashed his openers by half and only one of them is really good for mind games or pressure since 111 is mainly for punish. The basic concept of JiP starter special still applies but a crouched opponent can now negate your pressure. Is he still useable? sure...but again, Cyber frustration.

3. Saying MKX is a competition completely negates casual play. It's a thing, hell I'm fairly casual myself. Of course I want to win, but I'm not going tryhard on every single match. Games are about having fun as well.
Lt. Box said it was a competition. I was merely echoing what he was saying. but crucially, I do try hard every game because I want to win and that's what makes it fun for me. I dont go to tourneys but just because someone wants to go tryheard every match, doesn't somehow mean that he isn't a casual player or isn't having fun.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Let me be clear: I think it's a raw deal. I really do. I had no serious bitchings in putting up with CSZ other than the HTB's, no more so than any other set of over the top shenanigans that have come and gone through the game's life. I just mean that NRS has a bad habit of taking toning up and toning down characters way too far when they're the subject of most of the collective attention. I do concede there's a big difference between leveling the playing field and jumping the gun...case in point, I'm still wondering why Tremor had to be made completely mediocre.

marietta1200

Best Coast
Let me be clear: I think it's a raw deal. I really do. I had no serious bitchings in putting up with CSZ other than the HTB's, no more so than any other set of over the top shenanigans that have come and gone through the game's life. I just mean that NRS has a bad habit of taking toning up and toning down characters way too far when they're the subject of most of the collective attention. I do concede there's a big difference between leveling the playing field and jumping the gun...case in point, I'm still wondering why Tremor had to be made completely mediocre.
Yeah s/o to Tremor losing what few remaining scraps of his former self he had before this patch. So unnecessary.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Tanya lived for months, while people won tourneys using that bitch.

Triborg was given a month before they destroyed the character.

I spent hours labbing and learning the bots, all that for nothing.