What's new

CQC Skills Tournament (USA PSN)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
SEMI-FINAL ACTION UNDER WAY
Please have second round done by Thursday, July 1st 11:59pm EDT.

This tournament will test your CQC skills. Who has the best close combat out there? Same standard rules as with all the other tournaments. Random select is back in effect. The only difference here?

NO SPECIAL MOVES

Special moves are any moves that are unique to that character. Obviously projectiles and known specials are banned, but so are harmless moves like a teleport and fan lift. In short, if it's not a move that all 12 characters can perform, it's illegal.
*Jax can do a normal throw, but no 2x-4x slams

As far as how to enforce the rule, here's how it works:
  • First offense: restart match (warning)
  • Second offense: Forfeiture of that round
  • Third offense and beyond: Forfeiture of that game (counts as a loss in overall totals)
Tournament Bracket Link
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=367016

PARTICIPANTS
1. John2kx DQ
2. Gamemk
3. Dciguy01
4. seriouz-bizniz
5. St bioz (withdrew)
6. Dookiebrain
7. Jesse89202 DQ
8. Cuko28

RESERVES
1. R1RYDA714 - Active DQ
2. Gonzo - Active

RULES

- Exactly 16 player spots. If 16 players cannot be found, first round byes will be awarded at random
- Best of 13 matches.
- Once brackets are posted, you will receive 1 week to complete your quarterfinal match with your opponent and post results of your match by 11:59 pm est of the deadline date.
- You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 4-9 or 6-7) and character matchups if you remember them.
- Tourney duration will be 2 weeks (1 week for quarter finals, 3 days for semis and 3 days for finals, 1 day for CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH) Deadline for reporting scores will be posted.
- In order to register, you MUST post in this thread and state you wish to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only CMK members may enter the tournament

Disqualifications

- If a player willingly quits, that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below
- If a player no-shows a match or does not complete the 13 matches they are disqualified
- If a player does not post results of their match they will be disqualified

How to post results of ur games[/b]

Remember to have a pen and paper ready when u play ur games so u can write down ur results after each match

example

1= wazz56
2= smoke
3= wazz56
4= wazz56
5= smoke
6= smoke
7= wazz56
8= smoke
9= smoke
10= wazz56
11= wazz56
12= smoke
13= wazz56

Exception

- If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory than the player has a right to report it. (if you click the ps3 button you will see if the person is still playing mk2... if it doesn't than they've manually exited the game).
- In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back within a few days of your matchup and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
- *You will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your 10 remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to quarterfinal matches. Semi's and Finals must be played regardless of lag.
- If a person is lagging severely with several people, that player may be removed from the tourney.
- If a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. if a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.

In order to optimize internet speed, if you have a computer or laptop running in the background while playing, for the duration of your matchup:

Please DO NOT
- have any torrents running
- any downloads running
- youtube or streaming video running
- any intensive internet surfing
- any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls

This will ensure a solid connection

I'm in. Although I should warn you guys I'll be out of town from this friday to sunday. Other than that I can play.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'll signup myself. Cuko said he'd join too so we're just waiting for him to post and confirm.

As far as banning other moves go, it's up for debate. The low toe can be beaten with an outside range sweep so I'm not sure it's necessary to ban that move. I'd love to see a Liu Kang low toe match, LOL

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Decreasing signups to 8. Any signups beyond that will be used as reserves.

EDIT: Rule change - Once a series is clinched, you do not need to continue and finish the entire 13 games.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Added Dookie.

First round will begin next week as long as we have at least 8 players.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
We've got our 8 players. Brackets have been set at random. No YouTube video this time; not worth the effort for only 8 players. Tourney will start on Monday to accommodate John so he can actually make it this time ;)

hey guys I was on vacay so I didnt see this till now. but Ill play if a spot opens up.

whats the deal Bioz??? your getting really good man, are you quittin MK2?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Added Gonzo as a reserve.

@ Frzn, I know you aren't the biggest fan of CMK anymore, but Bioz posted both here and on the other site that he is done with posting on message boards; not just one site.

Reminder that the tournament starts tomorrow. First round is one week long.

i just saw that. i'm still a fan of evrythng cmk. its just wen raw got started i remembered that was banned from here in the beginning because ppl thought i was some1 else. if the sites name hadnt been changed i would still b banned. this place was always so strict on ppl.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tried to get my match with Seriouz, but we were never on at the same time yesterday. We'll try again today hopefully.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Seriouz and I played our games... wow that was hillarious. I inadvertently charged and let go a shock grab right as the fight started and resulted in a foul... lmao

Seriouz won 7-3, 3-4 wins came via fouls, lmao

dciguy01 said:
Seriouz and I played our games... wow that was hillarious. I inadvertently charged and let go a shock grab right as the fight started and resulted in a foul... lmao

Seriouz won 7-3, 3-4 wins came via fouls, lmao
That was pretty hilarious..the fact that the tourney wasn't just a battle of skill it was more a battle of not using any moves. That alone was pretty tough. ggs