What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Results are finally in, I have tested negative for COVID-19! Unfortunately still feel awful. Actually worse today than I have been. Terrible headache, chills/body aches and nausea. But at least I know it isn’t coronavirus. My Doctors office is still closed indefinitely for the time being, so will probably have to do the Dr on call teleconference thing to see if they can determine what I have.

I actually do need a haircut. Coincidentally, I'm fine waiting months or longer if need be to stay safe.

Here in Ontario, it's currently illegal, and has been for weeks, to have a gathering of over five people. The rallies you guys are posting pictures of, if that were here, everyone would be getting fined.

@Juggs While it sucks your ill, it's fantastic news that it's not COVID-19. That must be a huge relief!

The hair cut thing is real... My beard trimmer is broken and I'm starting to look like a old prospector! lol
Use scissors in the interim? That's what I'm doing. I don't have clippers myself, but when I can go for a haircut again, I'll be having them shave my beard down to summer beard. It's currently still winter beard.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah my hair is getting longer than I like it, but luckily I still have enough razor blades for a few months, I hate the way facial hair feels. If it goes on too long and I can't clean shave ill go insane.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I started shaving my head like 20 years ago, then it all fell out. Haircuts are one thing I'm not concerned about.

Although my sis does hair, so I'm invested in that regard. Her husband worked in oil for a lot of years, so their income pretty much got laid out overnight.

I started shaving my head like 20 years ago, then it all fell out. Haircuts are one thing I'm not concerned about.

Although my sis does hair, so I'm invested in that regard. Her husband worked in oil for a lot of years, so their income pretty much got laid out overnight.
I started buzzing my hair in my very late teens and kept it buzzed for several years. I then grew it back to a moral "normal" length for several years, then buzzed it again for a long while. A few years back I dressed up as Smith from The Matrix for Halloween and so I grew it out and kept it like that.

My hair started to receed in my early twenties, sadly, and went a good bit more in my early thirties (I blame work stress for that one. 2009 through 2013 were very hard years). I have a similar facial structure to Hugo Weaving and ironically a similar receding hair line, so the costume certainly worked!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I bought some electric clippers on Amazon and just cut my own hair. I look like an escaped mental patient but at least I don't have hair getting in my ears and eyes while I try to sleep.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If/when my hairline recedes im gonna shave that shit and pride myself on having the shiniest dome in town. I won't walk around with the mcdonalds arch hairline.
Grow your beard out you fucking pussies
It's just fuckin nasty, I hate getting sweat and dirt in it when I ride mountain bikes (basically the only thing that I can do for fun during social distancing), food gets in it when you eat, etc. The most I've ever grown it out in my life was the first 2 weeks of coronacation but it was just too uncomfortable for me. I would grow a beard if I ever decided I wanted to maintain it better. I have a mild sensory disorder that makes me sensitive to shit like facial hair and I have a nervous tick that I touch my face, I need it to be smooth as butter lol. I go through razors pretty fast though so we'll see how this goes. Maybe if I trimmed constantly I could handle it, but the neck would have to be completely clean. Not only for my sanity, but I work in a restaurant and I wouldn't want someone with a nasty ass neck beard handling my food, plus I need to look like a professional for clinicals. Not having appearance standards anymore is really messing with me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-testing-results-covid-19-infections-los-angeles-county/

So... let me know if I'm interpreting this wrong. It seems like some good and bad news. If this many people have developed antibodies, it could imply that covid is even more communicable and rampant than we were thinking. However, this would also mean that the mortality rate is ALSO lower than we were thinking. People keep dying though, I'm not trying to say it's over or anything like that, but I'm pretty fascinated by the antibody testing they've done in LA.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-testing-results-covid-19-infections-los-angeles-county/

So... let me know if I'm interpreting this wrong. It seems like some good and bad news. If this many people have developed antibodies, it could imply that covid is even more communicable and rampant than we were thinking. However, this would also mean that the mortality rate is ALSO lower than we were thinking. People keep dying though, I'm not trying to say it's over or anything like that, but I'm pretty fascinated by the antibody testing they've done in LA.
This was my main takeaway:
“These results indicate that many persons may have been unknowingly infected and at risk of transmitting the virus to others,” said Barbara Ferrer, director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “These findings underscore the importance of expanded polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing to diagnose those with infection so they can be isolated and quarantined while also maintaining the broad social distancing interventions.”

I can't imagine how many of these protestors think they're fine, when they're actually just asymptomatic and spreading the virus like angry, ignorant, entitled Typhoid Marys.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This was my main takeaway:
“These results indicate that many persons may have been unknowingly infected and at risk of transmitting the virus to others,” said Barbara Ferrer, director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “These findings underscore the importance of expanded polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing to diagnose those with infection so they can be isolated and quarantined while also maintaining the broad social distancing interventions.”

I can't imagine how many of these protestors think they're fine, when they're actually just asymptomatic and spreading the virus like angry, ignorant, entitled Typhoid Marys.
Right, that's pretty concerning. It's astounding just how many people have been infected. Like I said, good and bad news. More people are getting infected than I thought, but the burden of the disease on the infected individual and the prevalence of infected people actually being symptomatic is lower as well. It's good information but ultimately doesn't change anything in terms of how people should be responding. Somewhat eases my worries though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Right, that's pretty concerning. It's astounding just how many people have been infected. Like I said, good and bad news. More people are getting infected than I thought, but the burden of the disease on the infected individual and the prevalence of infected people actually being symptomatic is lower as well. It's good information but ultimately doesn't change anything in terms of how people should be responding. Somewhat eases my worries though.
It's definitely good news in the sense that it might be less deadly than we thought and more people have antibodies than we thought. We need to do more testing like this across the country.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It's definitely good news in the sense that it might be less deadly than we thought and more people have antibodies than we thought. We need to do more testing like this across the country.
That would be nice to get a better idea of how many people have already had and recovered from it.

Fuck the protestors for sure but also the people spreading hysteria.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

Also this. They want people to die. It’s sad we will have to keep dealing with scum like this and trump when he gets re-elected. Doesn’t he have a face you just want punch really hard? XD
I don't think they actually want people to die, but it's frustrating that they're looking to make political hay out of this and trying to turn this into a divisive issue. Also somewhat ironic that it puts Republicans in the position of actually arguing against States Rights.