What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

It’s insane that certain places that remain open are trying to take advantage of the pandemic, the grocery stores and hardware stores are fucking PACKED all day in almost every state.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeahhhh, moment of truth here, as of right now the stay at home ban will be lifter May 1st in New Mexico but I would think the governor will extend it.

My Province is in it's State of Emergency until May 12th, unless they extend it again. It was originally extended by fourteen days, and then again by an additional twenty eight days.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's like people who stop taking their anti-depressants because they stopped being depressed.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/g4r8gs And even as Trump has gone to war against internal watchdogs in his administration, the Government Accountability Office remains largely out of the president’s grasp because of its home in the legislative branch.

The office’s top fraud investigator said it’s already received a complaint about a check landing in the account of a deceased person.

At a time when Trump has sought to undermine nearly every independent review of his administration’s conduct, the GAO is likely to dispatch most of its 3,000 investigators, experts and analysts into an arena that could make it a target for the president’s fury. And its quiet early work could soon become very loud: The office is required under the new law to brief Congress every month and issue a bimonthly public report on its findings.

But as an independent agency that works for Congress — not the president — the GAO has far more protection from Trump. A nonpartisan entity responsive to both Democratic and Republican requests for investigations, the office is also more insulated from partisan attacks than the traditional congressional committee investigations that Trump has stonewalled to the brink of irrelevance.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Wait, are they protesting that they will not take a vaccine when it becomes available?
Yes. The imbeciles in the photo are a frakenstein's monster mish mash of militantly ignorant fundamentalist christians, anti-vaxers, and Trump cock devourers.

This epidemic has really shown me just how easy it must have been for the Roman Catholic Church to plunge the western world into the Dark Ages. Even in this age of easily available information, people still actively choose to believe this sort of horrendous stupidity. It's fascinating in a really sad way.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yes. The imbeciles in the photo are a frakenstein's monster mish mash of militantly ignorant fundamentalist christians, anti-vaxers, and Trump cock devourers.

This epidemic has really shown me just how easy it must have been for the Roman Catholic Church to plunge the western world into the Dark Ages. Even in this age of easily available information, people still actively choose to believe this sort of horrendous stupidity. It's fascinating in a really sad way.
What I hate to see is the number of children in that picture. I only hope they're able to get some kind of outside influence before they become totally indoctrinated. I almost think that should be considered child endangerment. Like, if you want to risk your health by going to a stupid mass protest then fine, but don't drag your poor kid along with you.

I also don't understand the ones who are wearing masks. Like, if you're protesting this "hoax" of a pandemic, why wear a mask? I'd be afraid the other crackpots would label me a non-believer and burn me at the stake.

(Also, they fucking misspelled Mnuchin lol)

Dumbasses in my state going full (soap bar in my mouth) as per the usual.
As a native of Micigan I am sorry. I think the dumbasses in my state may have emboldened the dumbasses in other states. Monkey see, monkey do. I'd use a sad face emoji if this site had one but instead I must use the shocked on.

Seen the video of this. The irony of a woman in a large vehicle telling someone blocking her on foot to go to China.

Marlow

Noob
I'm worried that this pandemic is going to result in a resurgence of the Tea Party movement in America, and we'll just end up doubling down on poor policies and lack of action that drove inequality and made America so vulnerable to this type of Pandemic in the first place.