What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

LeoMK29

Noob
I don't think they actually want people to die, but it's frustrating that they're looking to make political hay out of this and trying to turn this into a divisive issue. Also somewhat ironic that it puts Republicans in the position of actually arguing against States Rights.
Nothing makes sense right now smh. They may not want people to die, but I honestly don’t believe they care if they do. No doubt Barr is Trumps puppet, and his main concern is the economy for re-election. Shit like this is reinforcing for all those idiots and their riots out there. Just more bad leadership to keep the BS going.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The memes are too strong...
One thing my wife pointed out about these fucking protesters is that most of them aren't even protesting for the right to go back to work; they're protesting to make other people have to go back to work so they can buy shit and get serviced. Fuck these entitled pieces of shit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The memes are too strong...
One thing my wife pointed out about these fucking protesters is that most of them aren't even protesting for the right to go back to work; they're protesting to make other people have to go back to work so they can buy shit and get serviced. Fuck these entitled pieces of shit.
Thats a funny ass meme but Colin Kaepernick is an ass.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/opinions/medical-cost-of-covid-19-is-bigger-than-virus-chang-barry/index.html

It's short, but I thought this was a bit of an interesting opinion piece about some stuff I’ve thought about since this whole thing really got going; highlighting just a few of the fallout aspects of what has been happening.

I’ve been curious about what happens when people suddenly don’t have jobs to pay for homes, and lose health insurance and never find a new one. How many people with insurance end up putting off preventative care, seeking help when they otherwise would, or skip what they think is non-essential testing because maybe it’s not even being offered right now? What happens when you’ve had suicidal tendencies and find your self stuck at home alone, and treatment options aren’t in a great place? What happens when you are forced to say at home all day, every day with someone that would beat you on occasion before they got fired? (that's what I think about not what is in the piece)

When it comes to people losing jobs it’s pretty easy to wonder how mortgages and rent will get paid, but I’m sure ripple effects go way deeper and darker than we can really even comprehend. I think it’s worth thinking about and paying attention to what we can.

I’m not really saying anything beyond that this situation is really complex. That when trying to figure out how dangerous this thing really is has a lot of layers to it, and that surviving it is more complicated than the one dimensional idea of just not getting the thing. Not in the interest of being morbid, but trying to understand what the actual shape of the danger really is, and to be understanding of what people are going through.

Even though it seems like everyone is an expert at times, nobody has ever been through this before, and nobody really knows where all this will take us.

When it comes to people losing jobs it’s pretty easy to wonder how mortgages and rent will get paid, but I’m sure ripple effects go way deeper and darker than we can really even comprehend. I think it’s worth thinking about and paying attention to what we can.
Ideally things like bills and mortgagues would be put on hold for 3 months and just be added till later. These companies will get their money, just later.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Have y’all seen the protesters that are saying they wouldn’t get a vaccine if one was made and readily available today? Does anyone here share that same viewpoint? If so, why?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

That's insane to me.
I’m genuinely asking. I want to hear their side of it and see it from their point of view. As long as they’re willing to make a coherent and logical argument, I’m willing to hear them out.

Ideally things like bills and mortgagues would be put on hold for 3 months and just be added till later. These companies will get their money, just later.
That's what they're doing here. I'm not sure if it's nationwide or just in Ontario, but landlords are not permitted to evict people who can't pay rent right now. Banks are cutting people huge slack on mortgage payments as well.

Have y’all seen the protesters that are saying they wouldn’t get a vaccine if one was made and readily available today? Does anyone here share that same viewpoint? If so, why?
My only concern with a vaccine is, being brand spanking new, there's no way to reliably know long term side effects or complications, if any. As someone with a compromised immune system, that concerns me as it would suck to be well now, but be hurt later on. However, since I have a compromised immune system, taking a vaccine sooner rather than later would be the way to go for obvious reasons.

What I'd do is thoroughly consult with my doctor and follow his recommendations. So likely I'd be getting the vaccine early on.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like to see the statistics on any vaccine I take. I likely wouldn't have a choice because I get kicked out of my school program if I'm not up on my shots. I imagine the covid vaccine will eventually fall into the same category. It seems crazy not to take a vaccine.

Also that picture above calling it the mark of the beast.... I'm a Christian and a vaccine is not at all how I interpret the mark of the beast, that to me makes no sense at all. It doesn't fit the way the Bible describes the mark of the beast.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I’m genuinely asking. I want to hear their side of it and see it from their point of view. As long as they’re willing to make a coherent and logical argument, I’m willing to hear them out.
“I want a hAiRcUt” is the argument :p

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’m genuinely asking. I want to hear their side of it and see it from their point of view.
You see, it's about liberty. And Freedom. And Values. And America. And other bumper sticker ideas I can try and sell in the parking lot outside the rallies.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
It's a mixed bag and really depends on the individual asked. Like the image I posted before, there are some fundamentalist religious people who seem to think this virus is a sign of the end times and that the resulting cure / vaccine will be the mark of the beast noted in Revelations from the Christian Bible. I've also seen the typical "big pharma is trying to brainwash and/or poison us" anti-vax arguments. There's also a very small amount of people that genuinely believe the epidemic is straight up a hoax and that any resulting vaccine is fake. Now that Trump has been pushing the hydroxychloroquine "cure," some Trump fanatics believe that a vaccine is both unnecessary and an insult to Trump's infinite wisdom when everyone should just take the "cure" instead.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, also this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WinStupidPrizes/comments/g65lwp "This is not a pack of moms out to get some air, they were there to stir shit up. This is a protest group organized by Idaho Freedom Foundation, a conservative organization, she also says at 3:55 to call Idaho Freedom Foundation. Sara Walton Brady, the woman arrested, is also the founder of the group Idahoans for Vaccine Freedom.
In 2017, she made headlines when her then-five-year-old son was denied admission into kindergarten over an immunization exemption, and she demanded a public apology from officials.
https://www.idahostatesman.com/living/health-fitness/article242188766.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8245221/Idaho-mom-arrested-protesting-coronavirus-lockdown-closed-playground.html"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's a mixed bag and really depends on the individual asked. Like the image I posted before, there are some fundamentalist religious people who seem to think this virus is a sign of the end times and that the resulting cure / vaccine will be the mark of the beast noted in Revelations from the Christian Bible. I've also seen the typical "big pharma is trying to brainwash and/or poison us" anti-vax arguments. There's also a very small amount of people that genuinely believe the epidemic is straight up a hoax and that any resulting vaccine is fake. Now that Trump has been pushing the hydroxychloroquine "cure," some Trump fanatics believe that a vaccine is both unnecessary and an insult to Trump's infinite wisdom when everyone should just take the "cure" instead.
So wild. So many absolutely insane and ignorant people out there.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
America has serious problems. I just do not understand your country at all. You guys are going to have 1000s dying every day when all the other countries will have none.
It's that sinister combination of arrogance, entitlement, and ignorance that plagues our country. Too many uneducated people think they know better than our doctors and scientists.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
America has serious problems. I just do not understand your country at all. You guys are going to have 1000s dying every day when all the other countries will have none.

A lot of us who live here don’t understand it either. We don’t understand, how in 2020, in a time where just about any knowledge you could ever want or need is literally obtainable at your fingertips. Yet, we seem to have some of the most ignorant people in the world living here. And it’s not just innocent ignorance either. It’s purposeful, willful ignorance. People don’t want the facts, the statistics, the data, the logical reasoning, etc. Because they know that will contradict what they want to believe. They want to believe that this global pandemic is an overreaction. They want to believe that it’s not very serious, and only a threat to an insignificant number of people. They want to believe that we are already done with quarantining and self-isolation. But they know if they actually do the research, that it will prove their beliefs are baseless “wishes”. So, they believe if they say things often enough, and loud enough, maybe their beliefs will magically come true. They refuse to face reality on realities terms. Because reality might just dare to inconvenience them.