What's new

CONFIRMED: Mortal Kombat X Character Reveal Set for Injustice Finals, "I STAND WATCH FOR ETERNITY"

1. Raiden IS eternal.
2. Raiden didn't fuck up. He saved the Earth , even if the sacrifice was huge. The other case is everyone getting killed(including himself), and Shao Kahn conquers everything.(1st timeline)
3. Raiden is fuckin'cool.
4. I'll still shit on my pants when he is revealed, despite his presence being granted.

Last edited:

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Some of you guys really think it will be just Raiden? lawls. I mean, they could show Raiden, but it's not just a Raiden reveal. They wouldn't waste such a huge event like EVO to show us a character that we know will be in. They showed some classic characters, some new characters, and now it's time to show a post UMK3 character.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
lol everyone thinking i
I'll be disappointed if the reveal is only Raiden. That's not how you create hype. You release a character that is at least a little less expected. Fujin, Tanya, Rain, or Ermac would get a way crazier reaction than god damn Raiden. Tell us something we don't already know for fuck sake.
lol... so you've played MKX?

No? then how do you know Raiden is in for certain? You don't. Just b/c Boon has dropped raiden's name in interviews when talking about the variations doesn't mean he is in the game. That's an example Boon is using.

The best way for hype would be... to show a new character walking out where everyone goes... "wtf, who is that!?" and then have an old character (like Raiden) walk out to fight him. IMO of course.

E

Eldriken

lol everyone thinking i

No? then how do you know Raiden is in for certain? You don't. Just b/c Boon has dropped raiden's name in interviews when talking about the variations doesn't mean he is in the game. That's an example Boon is using.

The best way for hype would be... to show a new character walking out where everyone goes... "wtf, who is that!?" and then have an old character (like Raiden) walk out to fight him. IMO of course.
I fucking agree with this. That would be AWESOME.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
He's slipped about him several times. I remember in an interview he said something along the lines of
"Scorpion A might be a bad matchup for Sub Zero B who might be a bad matchup for Raiden C"
No "if he's in the game" at the end of his sentence like the other times, pretty much just plain out revealing him...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
He's slipped about him several times. I remember in an interview he said something along the lines of
"Scorpion A might be a bad matchup for Sub Zero B who might be a bad matchup for Raiden C"
No "if he's in the game" at the end of his sentence like the other times, pretty much just plain out revealing him...
That's the exact example I was thinking of when I posted that. So, you're saying... without a doubt... Raiden is confirmed b/c of that?

And I wouldn't even call it a slip. He probably planned to use Raiden as an example. Maybe even to make people want him.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Did you see Godzilla? The part where he comes out the water and creates a tsunami? I'll make a white one if Fujin is revealed.
I saw it. Was very underwhelmed. Although there part where he breathes down his throat and rips his head off was pretty awesome.

Fujin... could be cool, moveset wise, but I won't be shitting bricks if I see him revealed.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
That's the exact example I was thinking of when I posted that. So, you're saying... without a doubt... Raiden is confirmed b/c of that?

And I wouldn't even call it a slip. He probably planned to use Raiden as an example. Maybe even to make people want him.
Slips or hints are not really why people expect Raiden to be there. His presence is expected because he is a fan favorite and is extremely important to the story. Scorpion maybe Boon's favorite but with the way Raiden has been used over the years he probably isn't far behind. Of course it's not certain. Nothing is certain. Mkx may not even come out due to NRS getting tangled in some lawsuit or due to some natural disaster killing all it's employees. But those are unlikely events. Similarly Raiden being excluded from Mkx is a highly unlikely event.

So in that context YES, I can say without a doubt Raiden will make it to Mkx.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Everyone here is completely wrong and I don't care what anyone says the next character reveal will be Meat that a-hole has been chilling and watching everybody, because he is Meat and Meat knows how to handle himself. Besides we need him just so we can say we beat the Meat every time he loses on stream.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Slips or hints are not really why people expect Raiden to be there. His presence is expected because he is a fan favorite and is extremely important to the story. Scorpion maybe Boon's favorite but with the way Raiden has been used over the years he probably isn't far behind. Of course it's not certain. Nothing is certain. Mkx may not even come out due to NRS getting tangled in some lawsuit or due to some natural disaster killing all it's employees. But those are unlikely events. Similarly Raiden being excluded from Mkx is a highly unlikely event.

So in that context YES, I can say without a doubt Raiden will make it to Mkx.
Raiden nor Scoprion were in MK3... so they aren't 100% locks just cause they're favorites. The only only one to be in every game is Sub Zero and I'd still go with like a 99.9999% of him being in the next game after MKX just b/c there's always that chance until the character is confirmed.

Everyone here is completely wrong and I don't care what anyone says the next character reveal will be Meat that a-hole has been chilling and watching everybody, because he is Meat and Meat knows how to handle himself. Besides we need him just so we can say we beat the Meat every time he loses on stream.
As long as that Meat is wearing the mask of Kun Lo and is named Drahmin, it's fine by me!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
lol everyone thinking i

I don't know that Raiden is in. I'm responding in regard to what the majority of people on this thread are speculating.

I, myself, don't know what to think. Could be a couple characters. I'm sort of thinking it's Shinnok considering he watched the events of MK9 unfold, waiting patiently behind the scenes. Maybe eternity is an exaggeration.

HE can look anyway he wants as long as his name is Meat!
I'LL FIGHT YA!
Come at me, i'll punch ya roight in the noggin'

But seriously, Meat is such a throwaway character that only existed as a true character in a single game, Armageddon along with 62 other characters. He didn't have an interesting backstory and design wise, he simply reused Drahmin's model without the mask and with one of his eyes hanging out.

And i bet there are more people that like Drahmin (though there's probably not that many) than those that like Meat.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'LL FIGHT YA!

But seriously, Meat is such a throwaway character that only existed as a true character in a single game, Armageddon along with 62 other characters. He didn't have an interesting backstory and design wise, he simply reused Drahmin's model without the mask and with one of his eyes hanging out.

And i bet there are more people that like Drahmin (though there's probably not that many) than those that like Meat.
Drahmin is infinitely more interesting than Meat. It's almost not even an opinion. Drahmin looks like meat only his meat is a little aged, hence the flies. He has a pretty sweet mask too. I like his design but I didn't care for how he played.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'LL FIGHT YA!

I agree his character dumb and pretty much there to just be there. I was just being a goofball when I mentioned him :)
Drahmin is infinitely more interesting than Meat. It's almost not even an opinion. Drahmin looks like meat only his meat is a little aged, hence the flies. He has a pretty sweet mask too. I like his design but I didn't care for how he played.
So correct me if I'm wrong Meat is freash and Drahmin is beef jerky!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I agree his character dumb and pretty much there to just be there. I was just being a goofball when I mentioned him :)

So correct me if I'm wrong Meat is freash and Drahmin is beef jerky!
Yes, but Drahmin is beef jerky that expired in like 1994 haha.

Raiden nor Scoprion were in MK3... so they aren't 100% locks just cause they're favorites. The only only one to be in every game is Sub Zero and I'd still go with like a 99.9999% of him being in the next game after MKX just b/c there's always that chance until the character is confirmed.
Good points, remember that these 2 specific characters were excluded in mk3, because the actors portraying them got fired. Mortal Kombat has a number of Faces that are a MUST, and this is proven.
For me Raiden, Liu and Kitana stand right below of Scorpion and Subzer0 in terms of popularity, importance and impact.