What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
I think Commando is the only one with regular unblockables so it's
understandable
His(Kotal) command grab is unblockable and range is the same as Kano. The only difference is the input and the damage. Kano gets his 16%-17% from the go, Kotal has to grab you 3 times for 31%(7+11+16).

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Out of all of the listed combos you end up using the one shitty one in "credited" for that I couldn't even do myself at the time. That's pretty funny.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Here's my match from last week's ranbats.

Nice games. Didn't know jump 1 was so fuckin godlike. Ima start usin that btw why do u use the terrible 36% combo when u can get 37% meter less and it's prob easier as well. No offense

I$AAC

Noob
Nice games. Didn't know jump 1 was so fuckin godlike. Ima start usin that btw why do u use the terrible 36% combo when u can get 37% meter less and it's prob easier as well. No offense

Tbh I normally would but for whatever reason I was dropping it all day so I said fuck it I'll go for the shit that has worked all day. I was playing like shit that day :(

Error

DF2+R2
That guy seemed to not know about EX knives being + and that Kano only has lows, I liked your use of J1, I've kind of ignored/forget to learn abobut air to airs which always comes back to haunt me in matches.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Tbh I normally would but for whatever reason I was dropping it all day so I said fuck it I'll go for the shit that has worked all day. I was playing like shit that day :(
if you've actually been able to hit those others before the your doing better than me at the very least. I've been trying to do 23,11,112, rib breakerfor awhile now to replace mine but i can't get the timing for after 23 down to save my life.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
if you've actually been able to hit those others before the your doing better than me at the very least. I've been trying to do 23,11,112, rib breakerfor awhile now to replace mine but i can't get the timing for after 23 down to save my life.
I don't even bother with the extra 11. I just do b312, 23,112, cmd throw, lot easier. Even then I drop it a lot still. dropping the 112 an doing just 23 is only 7% less and I hit it way more.

But yeah I find the higher damage corner combos take some practice. But I think they'll pay off in the end.

there was a time when i thought kano was a coward. but then i realized, in a battle with gods, sorcerers, gun wielding soldiers, demons and four armed monsters, he only brings his knives and wrestling skills. kano indeed has balls.
Those, the laser spitting orbital bone plate, and a belt full of grenades.

What are peoples go to block strings now that b1/ b1 string is nerfed (-2 now, although not sure if it was always -2 or not)?

I've been trying to use the 2,f4 string and the 31 string (hitconfirm to ball on hit, on block command grab or F4). It's not nearly as effective as abusing b1 on block (i feel like I get hit out of it more.)

Last edited:
haha yeah MB grab/high parry after negative strings is great. I also do it sometimes b13 and 312 on block in corner. Blocking after negative string beats the other options opponents can do besides backdash (reversal/jump out). Also problem with b13 on block is that it leaves you in opponent grab range, so it's scary to bait out reversal/jump when the opponent can just backthrow you into the corner. Does 32 leave you in opp. grab range on block? I may have to use that more then.

2 f4 is good, but if they block it your pretty far out, if in corner you can get command grab but i dont believe you can get d3 into tick, even though its neutral on block.

31 on block is +1 low starter, and leave you right in range for d3 os. Problem is it is kinda tough to hitconfirm

I read in another part of kano forum that b1 on block now has a window where you no longer can input b1 after block b1 for a small window, but you can input other moves. b1, d3 OS might be viable then.

today i got normal punished in between f33~command grab. he just mashed out 11 and hit the gap. goodbye dreams :(:D

I read in another part of kano forum that b1 on block now has a window where you no longer can input b1 after block b1 for a small window, but you can input other moves. b1, d3 OS might be viable then.
id rather do d1 instead of d3 in case theyre blocking high (which they shouldnt, but still...)

ando1184

Noob
112 has a size able gap too, in a Kano mirror I was up balled before the 2 came out all the way. He wasn't armored either, I just got interrupted entirely.

did you test it yourself in the lab? I want to try this too because if it was online....well you know.
iirc it might have been sub-Zero with his 6 Frame jab. online shouldnt be a Problem here because a cancel is a cancel, that Input should go through the cable as one. but of course one can test it.

mrtom

Noob
For anyone having trouble with canceling d4/d3 into rib breaker, I found a little trick that makes it easier. I'm on a pad and was having trouble getting d4 xx rib breaker consistently. I can do the rib breaker just fine by itself but when canceling I'd get either nothing or f4 far too often. Turns out if you use db+4(not the motion but the single diagonal input) and then do the dbf4 rib breaker motion it comes out every time.