What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
ATTENTION all commando users we all know and love he f3 3 string into command grab right. Well before Kano was nerfed you could jump out of this set up. But now it's guaranteed unless you armour out of it. Can anyone confirm this. I mean it seems weird but hey they did just completely nuke Kano so maybe they secretly gave him something good. Ps I was doin this with a buddy of mine in practice

OmGxBdON

Pressure with b1, d3, d4, f4, b32 and df2 until they start blocking then command grab them. Parry when they get predictable. Punish with 112>bf3 or 321+3.
yes this is how you play commando Kano too bad they tucked up his normals so his pressure is all screwed up

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
ATTENTION all commando users we all know and love he f3 3 string into command grab right. Well before Kano was nerfed you could jump out of this set up. But now it's guaranteed unless you armour out of it. Can anyone confirm this. I mean it seems weird but hey they did just completely nuke Kano so maybe they secretly gave him something good. Ps I was doin this with a buddy of mine in practice
To be honest that seemed more like a fixed glitch than a buff. F33 was weird move that didn't seem that useful unless it was blocked because everything whiffed on the second hit.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'll have to wait until I get home to see about this nuke. Something tells me it's not as bad as the speculation.

I have strictly mained commando kano for a while now and after the patch. I didn't really notice any difference to my fighting style and I continued to do very well. I don't really notice the difference in his b1 string.

However, ive heard people complaining about their njp combos being ruined on other characters, I wonder if the patch takes away Kano's ball cancel njp combo. I never really do it online anyway, I just can't get it consistent. I don't think its a huge problem for commando kano.

I still think Kano's strings are very good.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So ive been doing a set up instead of the njp after the ball cancel Tjat seems to work.

112 kano ball cancel dash 32 small run jump over j4 into command grab

Edit: just clarifying the J4 should cross over the opponent

It does anywhete between 33 & 40 damage. The 32 leaves them in a good amount of hit stun for the jump over To be almost guaranteed And the j4 will tick throw if blocked and if it connects youll be close enough to the person where the command grab will catch them in air. Its a gimmicky set up but its easier than that njp lol

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
So ive been doing a set up instead of the njp after the ball cancel Tjat seems to work.

It does anywhete between 33 & 40 damage. The 32 leaves them in a good amount of hit stun for the jump over To be almost guaranteed And the j4 will tick throw if blocked and if it connects youll be close enough to the person where the command grab will catch them in air. Its a gimmicky set up but its easier than that njp lol
Yes it's a little gimmicky but it's still a good setup. Don't do it vs Lao though bc I was testing it and spin beats your jump in. For the most part though, they have to respect your jump in bc if they try and poke they get hit. Only by armor I g through it or a fast advancing special punishes it. Backdashing escapes the jump kick but they eat the command grab at the end. So I see this as fairly usable, nice tech bud.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Yes it's a little gimmicky but it's still a good setup. Don't do it vs Lao though bc I was testing it and spin beats your jump in. For the most part though, they have to respect your jump in bc if they try and poke they get hit. Only by armor I g through it or a fast advancing special punishes it. Backdashing escapes the jump kick but they eat the command grab at the end. So I see this as fairly usable, nice tech bud.
Thanks! I couldn't deal with doing the njp. Made me salty so i had to come up with something...anything else lol

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
his rising njp combos are just fine, just checked em.

id say this is quite a bit harder actually as that running j4 can land pretty much anywhere, you really have to get that timing right

however i do like the idea of this as his mid-screem screen damage as its a grappler fucking you over with grapples rather than just really shitty juggles.

OmGxBdON

id say this is quite a bit harder actually as that running j4 can land pretty much anywhere, you really have to get that timing right

however i do like the idea of this as his mid-screem screen damage as its a grappler fucking you over with grapples rather than just really shitty juggles.
U gotta punish with something

Error

DF2+R2
I've been doing J4 into grab, but it's gimmicky, I don't think the opponent has to respect any options after the J4 unless you cancel it into ball or something

Also, since my execution sucks I've just been doing 112 exball cancel jump in 1 112xxknife then going in with b1 d4 grab or ball if they try to back dash.
There are probably better options, but since I have limited playing time I haven't been able to look for an ender that has better hit advantage.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun

You dont need to run to get 32 afterwards u can just dash. Same with the run right after it. After the 32 you can just cross over jump and itll do the same thing i just like the small run because it makes me feel like im special lol

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
You dont need to run to get 32 afterwards u can just dash. Same with the run right after it. After the 32 you can just cross over jump and itll do the same thing i just like the small run because it makes me feel like im special lol
ah so its supposed to cross up. that narrows down what im supposed to do

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I've been doing J4 into grab, but it's gimmicky, I don't think the opponent has to respect any options after the J4 unless you cancel it into ball or something

Also, since my execution sucks I've just been doing 112 exball cancel jump in 1 112xxknife then going in with b1 d4 grab or ball if they try to back dash.
There are probably better options, but since I have limited playing time I haven't been able to look for an ender that has better hit advantage.
Is the j1 supposed to connect?