What's new

Command Grab - Bomb Trap PATCH?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the full cyrax picture here. wish I could thank posts from tapatalk. anyway I do want to point out that I never once thought bomb trap was bad, I thought it was ok. oddly what I didn't like about cyrax was his ability to put out 2 bombs and a net on screen at the same time. call me crazy I see that as fucked up not the bomb trap. lol

but now he should be left alone, he's perfect now like liu kang, scorpion and mileena. can't comment on other characters just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eight

I am the salt
people need to stop whining about not being able to use a cheap move. nrs already made the game super scrub friendly by giving everyone the same jump punch, jump kick, and removing a lot of little nuances that the old games had, so just get over it. cyrax is good, even without bomb traps or big combos or whatever. people who rely on cheap tricks to win are scrubs. use your brain.
Winning is winning. Just because you don't have the skill to beat a so-called "cheap trick", doesn't make it a cheap trick. We play to win. If you want to handicap yourself so your opponent has fun and you never win, why play at all?

We play to win. You don't belong here.

people need to stop whining about not being able to use a cheap move. nrs already made the game super scrub friendly by giving everyone the same jump punch, jump kick, and removing a lot of little nuances that the old games had, so just get over it. cyrax is good, even without bomb traps or big combos or whatever. people who rely on cheap tricks to win are scrubs. use your brain.
I agree. Use your brain and tech the damn CG. Keep ignoring the ways that this tactics was completely counterable with nothing more than fixing the known bug with the CG though... Take the moron way out and call it a "cheap" trick and insult other people for not using their brain. That sure makes sense there, guy.

Or, use your brain and read the responses and at least try to understand them before you start trolling with BS like this.

The sad thing about games that can be patched because of feedback on the internet is that garbage posts like this, calling something "cheap" and ignoring the overwhelming amount of support it has for actually not being so, can get listened to.

nubi

Noob
No, people who complain about stuff being "cheap" are scrubs, step up your game and learn to deal with it

REO

Undead
So Cyrax has been shit-tier in just about every MK and now when he's finally good people want to strip things away from him, lol.

Maybe it's because I've played past MK games where shit was insanely broken so everything in this game will automatically seem fine to me. But the people who have played past MK games competitively and are complaining about anything in this game is just mind-boggling from my POV.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Riddick. what happened is that apparently NRS listened to the whining about the bomb trap. On top of fixing the tech / break frames of the CG from 2 - 3 to 10 (which was all they needed to do and was a known bug...), they nerfed the mid bomb trap following pulling it off...

Net to CG = 100% techable, which is totally fine. But apparently that wasn't enough for some reason.. Hey, why stop at fixing the problem, right? why not keep going and just completely break cyrax?
Haha, no one has called me "Riddick" before, I kinda like it.

So they made the command grab easier to be teched, but they also made it to where the bomb trap no longer works? Is this confirmed?

kisan

Noob
don't they plan on making his grab easier to tech after net? I heard you only have a 3 frame window to tech it if you're netted but it's suppose to be ~10 or whatever the normal is. That would pretty much force him to do a combo if he lands a net instead of bomb trap but you'd still have to be careful of him just going in for a grab randomly

babalook

Noob
i don't even see what the big deal with the CG was in the first place it's not like cyrax was dominateing the tournament scene in anyway or that he was too good or anything like that.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

I'm gonna call you Vin Diesel from now on.

Anyway, I agree with what Dan Cock said, his bullshit comes from the fact that he can zone so well with bombs and net, all of which leads into so much.

Bomb trap isn't so bad since it's one of his only good close options. It's easy to see coming.

nubi

Noob
nothing has been confirmed yet theres still no update, just going of what Brady said and since he's like part of the MK-mafia theres little reason not to trust him

Zebster

How's my volume?
also according to Tom human cyrax (who has a much better teleport may i add) is something like the 3rd worst character in the game, what does that tell you?
Tom also said without the bomb trap normal Cyrax is still an A tier character, so Human Cyrax has nothing to do with this.

nubi

Noob
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference between human and cyber cyrax is no bomb traps due to slightly slower bombs and a faster teleport, possibly a marginally slower net recovery, if so how dose human cyrax have nothing to do with this situation?

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/285987360 cant remember when he said it but someone asked how human cyrax was in the game

Zebster

How's my volume?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference between human and cyber cyrax is no bomb traps due to slightly slower bombs and a faster teleport, possibly a marginally slower net recovery, if so how dose human cyrax have nothing to do with this situation?

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/285987360 cant remember when he said it but someone asked how human cyrax was in the game
Well Human Cyrax has nothing to do with this because Cyrax is so much better than his Human form, so comparing normal Cyrax to Human Cyrax is kind of unfair. Now, why Tom thinks Cyrax is A tier while Human Cyrax is low tier, I don't know, but that's what he says.

So they made the command grab easier to be teched, but they also made it to where the bomb trap no longer works? Is this confirmed?
lol. I was posting discretely in an extremely small window because I was at work. :) I must have just read your avatar.

Eazail

Noob
Guys, Cyrax is still good. He can still do about 40% damage after catching them in the net using the EX bomb trap (shoot a mid bomb after hitting the EX bomb then dash and then uppercut).

The bomb trap was bad in terms of fairness. I used it against some people at first but then someone used it against me and I hated it. It's so out of place. You have to save your meter JUST for the bomb trap. I'm not saying he was unbeatable but it was just so cheap that it had to go imo. I still won against him but it was principle.

Now he is more reasonable imo. Learn new combos with Cyrax. I know he's not as good now but I still plan to use him.

nubi

Noob
a 40% combo of a techable throw is "cheap" but those 50%+ combos of jump ins or jabs other characters have are fine, GTFO

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
wow talk about over nerfing i was afraid NRS would do something stupid like this, i guess its back to street fighter. GG NRS [MAD][/MAD]
So much for Cyrax players then lol. But nah seriously, I'm sure he'll still be good. I don't even think he needs the unescapable bomb traps to win honestly...in my opinion.

I really do hope they take this approach with Broke...I mean Kung Lao ;) Save the nerfs for him NRS lol

Eazail

Noob
a 40% combo of a techable throw is "cheap" but those 50%+ combos of jump ins or jabs other characters have are fine, GTFO
As it stands right now (version 1.01), the command grab is nearly impossible to tech out of. So yes, a +50% combo off a command grab is pretty cheap imo. If they were to make the throw much easier to tech out of, I would be ok with that. Again, just my opinion, not saying I'm right. Keep in mind I'm a Cyrax user

babalook

Noob
they did make it easier to tech out of now they are just makeing the bomb trap part not work either. I guess he still has big combo but they require meter, 1 bar for the EX bomb and probably another bar for a EX net so you actually get damage :(