What's new

Character you never thought you'd play, but now play

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Can't really think of any big surprises, myself. I usually base my character choices off interest in the character rather than playstyle - if I like a character enough I can get used to most anything as long as it's not, like, a charge character or something like that. There are a few cases where I'll pick an alt/secondary because something about the way they play clicks with me (Sakura in SF4), but my mains are usually set in stone as soon as I see them.

That said, I didn't think I'd end up playing as much Zatanna in Injustice as I have lately. I've always been a fan of her, and was happy when she was announced, but not a big enough fan to bother really getting into her when she actually hit; she felt pretty awkward at the time. Fast forward after a year-long hiatus from fighting games, and she just feels right.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I never set out to play Kabal but once I experienced the speed & rush of playing him it's addictive, I also had some good mentors around me at the time to keep me strait.

I started with Shazam on Injustice with no intention to play Superman, But someone had to show the world F23 instead of lasers :)
AKA Swizz likes to have a strong character ;)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Shit the moral of this thread is everyone wanted to play Shazam but chickened out.
We could've had so many more players.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
During my time of mastering execution I really tried to stay away from the more technical characters but when MMH came out and his look and general move set looked so ridiculously awesome I had to grind it out. Must of spent 4 hours the first day trying to hit the two jump 3 BnB, it was frustrating but the character pushed my execution to the point where I could try any other character I wanted after that point.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Grundy, I was set on using Superman before Injustice came out but found him very boring and I usually hate grapplers, but god damn Grundy too much fun :)

Sonya. Sonya, Baraka, Kano, Jax, and Stryker are the worst characters ever. I started MK9 with Kabal because he was always my fav from MK3. Shoulda stuck with that probably... I still think Sonya as a character is dumb, but she's fun to use. I refuse to use any of the others I isted no matter how they feel.

AE - Never thought it a million years I would like Rufus. Fat Yun ftw. Also Chun.

DOTA - (lol yes.. dota).. Lich.

Inj - Aquaman - DC comic book characters are all retarded. I hated that game and it's wierd that out of all the retarded characters in it, I picked the most retarded one.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
When I got the game, I went straight into Practice and starting fiddling with the female characters because I generally always play a female character in fighting games. Kitana, Orchid, etc.

I started off with Raven, then Hawkgirl, then Harley, then Wonder Woman, then Frost and finally Catwoman.
"fiddling with the female characters" "I started off with Raven, then Hawkgirl, then Harley, then Wonder Woman, then Frost and finally Catwoman." You dog! :DOGE

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I told myself when I played the Injustice demo that I wouldn't play a floaty character ever.

Not only did I main Green Lantern day 1, I now currently main Wonder Woman.
Floaty characters are the best. They are definitely one of my favorite aesthetic additions to Injustice. I guess I could say that I didn't see myself playing Sinestro but that was only because I hadn't heard of him before Injustice. I liked from the first time I played him in practice mode and bodied @Blind_Ducky online.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Floaty characters are the best. They are definitely one of my favorite aesthetic additions to Injustice. I guess I could say that I didn't see myself playing Sinestro but that was only because I hadn't heard of him before Injustice. I liked from the first time I played him in practice mode and bodied @Blind_Ducky online.
Are you sure it wasn't because he's so low in the tier list? :joker:

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Im not a DC fanboy, I played Injustice cause it was something new to learn from NRS.
I just played the first character I picked and stuck with her.
Oh I know, I just always found it kinda humerous that out of every character in Injustice, you of all people, settled on Wonder Woman

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I thought I'd be a generic day one Scorpion or Sub-Zero player.

Then I go to training mode with Noob and it was like a first date <3

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
For MK9 I always set out to be a Sub-Zero player (he's my second main now) since I literally could freeze the opponent and get a free(ze) combo from it. It was so easy and lame which worked well for someone who had never played a fighting game really. But then I saw smoke being used and I thought the smoke bomb and telepunch was so fucking cool. And the air grab looked siiiiiick! So I went to practice, googled a combo list for him and came to TYM. I practiced the juggle combo for about 4 hours. Never looked back on smoke. Love him to pieces. If he's in MKX I will play him.

Injustice is where the scumbag in me came out. I was still learning MK9 when injustice was out so it wasn't until a couple of months ago I actually got the game. However I played at @Youphemism 's house and I had to pick a character. With my experience with high level Kabals in MK9 and understanding that everyone's always got this weird attachment and skill level with their day 1 mains/original main I simply came out with "who's the best character in the game?" And well... You know where this is going. I've been the OP green martian machine since then. But I played the demo multiple times previously and thought I'd be a batman main since I thought the Nolan movies were awesome and his combos are cool I think.

I'm a tier whore and I'm happy with that decision. Less salt for me, more wins and more fun. Why wouldn't I be?