What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

DarkPage

Noob
Thanks guys, I implement the turtling already but the other stuff is where I want to be at. I'll just have to practice with it quite a bit I think, because dark page was absolutely right that it's a comfort level thing. I love the stance switch characters for their depth but we're essentially learning two very different styles in one. The match-up specific stuff is probably the toughest thing to learn but watching Foxy and Noobe was great for learning how it could be used in that match up, so that's one down...
Where could i find such videos?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Has anyone considered the use of instant air shield toss? While negative on block, it gives really good pushback and covers a lot of space. Idk why you'd use it over regular shield toss but it's worth looking into.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Has anyone considered the use of instant air shield toss? While negative on block, it gives really good pushback and covers a lot of space. Idk why you'd use it over regular shield toss but it's worth looking into.
I use SS like doomsday

The only time i shield toss is when people think they can just throw shit. It is a great check, and it keeps people in place.

SS is just SB d1 d1~parry and 22~MBST HC's.

her air toss is good to actually keep people from coming in on her

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Anybody else on occassion see they have a lot of meter and just want to piss your opponent off, so you MB shield bash over and over? If I notice my opponent is getting a little impatieant, I will dump all my meter into just bullying with MB shield bash. Take a lot of chip, and then bait them into trying to retaliate? It isnt the most efficient thing you can do but sometimes the mind game is more important than that, you know?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
One of my favorite things about Wonder Woman is how she makes your opponent clash super early. Like if you have full meter and hit your opponent who has like 70 percent health, they pretty much have to clash, otherwise they are going to get comboed into an otg, and after that they are going to have to guess, which will be hitconfirmed into super for the kill. She is also like Ryu in SSF4 where at the end of the match, she can almost always just go into super for the kill, like Ryu can go into ultra (watch diago play lol). I know Foxy uses this strategy a lot, what about you other WoWos?

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
I use b2~super a lot. Most characters pretty much have to tiptoe around that normal because they can't challenge it, and it's brain-dead easy to confirm.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Here's something you can add to your corner game. It's up to you to decide whether it's useful or not. After ending a corner combo with lasso grab, you can delay a j3 and it forces the opponent to input their wake-up in the opposite direction. If it hits, you can cancel into divepunch and do a combo like j3~divepunch, 23, b1, b113 for 44% and reset the situation. After they respect it you can start doing things like j3, 33 (and put them back in the corner with 33, b113, dash, 23~lasso) or empty jump mix-ups. The downside of course is that if they block correctly they're out of the corner, but the same can be said of cross-up divepunch and you're still at + frames.

You can also take a small step back after lasso grab and do the j3 so it hits in front which is another way to set up her usual 50/50 and is less obvious than just dashing up after a knockdown. j3, 33 jails even though j3, b2 doesn't so it's still forcing a guess from your opponent. A late j3 into divepunch can get you the same combo mentioned above. If just the divepunch hits, you can meter burn it for a combo or just take your + frames. All of the other mix-ups apply here as well. I'm not sure if this needs to be a staple but it's something to note if you want to switch things up.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Here's something you can add to your corner game. It's up to you to decide whether it's useful or not. After ending a corner combo with lasso grab, you can delay a j3 and it forces the opponent to input their wake-up in the opposite direction. If it hits, you can cancel into divepunch and do a combo like j3~divepunch, 23, b1, b113 for 44% and reset the situation. After they respect it you can start doing things like j3, 33 (and put them back in the corner with 33, b113, dash, 23~lasso) or empty jump mix-ups. The downside of course is that if they block correctly they're out of the corner, but the same can be said of cross-up divepunch and you're still at + frames.

You can also take a small step back after lasso grab and do the j3 so it hits in front which is another way to set up her usual 50/50 and is less obvious than just dashing up after a knockdown. j3, 33 jails even though j3, b2 doesn't so it's still forcing a guess from your opponent. A late j3 into divepunch can get you the same combo mentioned above. If just the divepunch hits, you can meter burn it for a combo or just take your + frames. All of the other mix-ups apply here as well. I'm not sure if this needs to be a staple but it's something to note if you want to switch things up.
Interesting stuff, I'll take it to the lab tomorrow.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I'm sure you all probably know this already but you can use the tree in Themyscira (and other long splat interactables I guess) to get a huge otg reset opportunity. I got the idea from watching Slayer do it with Supes, and figured anything he can do WW can do better. I've had quite a lot of success by crossing them over after a lasso grab in that corner and dropping my combo to hit the tree and then otg them back into the corner. It doesn't work quite like superman's but it has it uses. Anyway sorry if this is a well known fact.

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
I've been playing the Injustice mobile game to get the unlocks, and I noticed that Wonder Woman on the mobile game is a LOT prettier than she is in the console game. How does that make any sense? Even her character card looks really good. Especially for the Regime Wonder Woman card, which is my favorite one by the way.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I'm looking a lot more closely at tiara abuse. Now I think I've heard something about KDZ liking tiara, and maybe he's on to something.

With tiara I can "zone" a certain distance in front of me. Straight tiara has great reach and start up speed, and increases range when you MB (and both hits will still hit even if you slightly miss the first) and the multiple hits can cancel armor. I usually do it to provide some pressure while I'm trying to approach as well. With my new stick, getting the input out is incredibly fast and I can use it defensively or offensively.

I've just switched over to stick from d-pad and it's amazing what you can do. I've been practicing the instant airs and I can see IA tiara being viable. IA tiara will cover an awesome amount of distance in front of me as well, along with it being an overhead. If anyone tries crouching the straight tiara, IA tiara is fast enough to catch those pesky crouchers (green arrow and Catwoman come to mind). I've noticed some of the people I play with try to force their way in because of the tiara abuse and other times it can help with the anti zoning.

On the negative side, I do eat meter whenever I need to MB the tiara, but in those situations I always find it worth it (either by stopping an armored attack/projectile or leading into b113 combo).

I still like to couple that with IADG (which is unreal on stick) and parry and I'm starting to see a bit of variety to wonder woman's massive gameplay besides the "whole chase you down the entire match" thing we tend to have going on.

Just trying to find a zillion ways to play my WW. :]

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
actually it is a good mix up after 2-3 d1 on SS to go for instant air shield and b2 mix ups!!Also useful is j3 air shield..catches people off guard!!

SS is just SB d1 d1~parry and 22~MBST HC's.
Nah..i dont agree.. she has better defencive tools in SS.. d2 is faster , better j2 for crossups , more damaging corner combos and ok midscreen combos , better (MUCH BETTER) projectiles , 1frame parry-sub and good frame traps..
but ok she lack in movement , 40s midscreen meterless combos , basic launchers , and 50/50 launch mix ups..but its still is useful!!

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
So after some testing, it seems like f3 crosses up in the corner 95% of the time unless you delay it a ton to make it super obvious. If you do lasso grab, dash and immediately input f3 it still crosses up even though she stays in front on hit. It also has the added effect of reversing wake-ups. If you delay the f3 a lot it's possible to hit in front but at that point it's just too telegraphed. This is all kind of moot anyway since you can forward dash on reaction to nullify the mix-up but nobody does that yet. The plus side is that you can still use the early f3 to discourage wake-ups and once they respect it, go for delayed dash into 33/b2/f3 or whatever else you want to do.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Kinda curious, why did you WoWo mains pick up the Amazon? Personally, I enjoyed the thought of playing a good character that was under represented and I read someone complaining about her range and meterless damage and thought that I hadn't really seen a great Wonder woman player (before I became a stream monster). Then I totally got into the the whole WoWo corner game and character aspects. The simplicity of her inputs also helped me as a fighting game beginner, although that b3 was a bitch...

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Kinda curious, why did you WoWo mains pick up the Amazon? Personally, I enjoyed the thought of playing a good character that was under represented and I read someone complaining about her range and meterless damage and thought that I hadn't really seen a great Wonder woman player (before I became a stream monster). Then I totally got into the the whole WoWo corner game and character aspects. The simplicity of her inputs also helped me as a fighting game beginner, although that b3 was a bitch...

I play her cause that regime skin, shes got a great pair of.... Ahem.

For her personality, of course.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Because @Sajam told me to.

He was right in that she was my type of character in all aspects.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Costumes... :S

The Highlander

There can be only one