What's new

CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-SSF4+MvC3=$5000, MK9 + More

Would You want MK9 to be on PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 29 59.2%

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
He plays Reptile thats why he wanted Chris another Reptile to win you guys are making it more then it is. Tom should have kept playing sub he was doing really well and then he picked Kung Lao...

nonsense.

tom was the favourite to win the grand final, the true 'neutrals' don't want the favourite to win. it may also have something to do with chrisg being reptile, arturo's main.

you sound like a grovelling fanboy.

did you hear the spectators booing when brady picked kunglao? they were rooting for chrisg too, i suppose they're all pathetic as well?

i'm sure tom will take it on the chin and come back fighting.
You sir are an idiot. If a guy cant be indifferent while announcing, then he shouldnt announce. Simple.

nonsense.

tom was the favourite to win the grand final, the true 'neutrals' don't want the favourite to win. it may also have something to do with chrisg being reptile, arturo's main.

you sound like a grovelling fanboy.

did you hear the spectators booing when brady picked kunglao? they were rooting for chrisg too, i suppose they're all pathetic as well?

i'm sure tom will take it on the chin and come back fighting.
I sound like a grovelling fanboy? I'm just stating the obvious, it was pretty classless to be annoucing the action on the stream and rooting against somebody. I don't give a fuck if Reptile is his "main" or not. That is irrelavent. He just got beat by Tom and he was pissed off so he had to get it out on the stream. It was pretty sad.

I'm no fanboy, so get your facts straight. I want the best player to win and that was Chris G, he fucking killed it with his reptile....

iWumbo

Noob
It's one thing to not like Tom, but to be outright rooting against him on the stream was really, really lame.
I agree completely. Just because he lost to Tom doesn't mean he has to be a douche to him over the internet with 10k people watching. All of this added on top of his INCREDIBLY annoying voice, I wanted to punch him so hard in the back of the head that he wouldn't know what country he was in.

I'm allowed to state the facts.
You're allowed to act within the rules of this site. Stating facts is fine, Flaming, trolling, and personal attacks are not.

I don't really care what you say honestly, but you can easily do it without resorting to low blows.

As for Arturo/Tom, they know and like each other in real life.

I don't think TB is going to cry himself to sleep about the commentary tonight, and I don't think most of you should either.

Plus Chris and Arturo are both NYC, it's not a big deal cheering for someone repping your scene.

Fact

You're allowed to act within the rules of this site. Stating facts is fine, Flaming, trolling, and personal attacks are not.

I don't really care what you say honestly, but you can easily do it without resorting to low blows.

As for Arturo/Tom, they know and like each other in real life.

I don't think TB is going to cry himself to sleep about the commentary tonight, and I don't think most of you should either.
Everything I stated is a fact. I cannot help that he has a weight problem.

Spent the weekend spectating at CEO in Orlando. Great Matches on every game, especially MvC3, exciting stuff.

Being an MK9 player I enjoyed watching the top 8 finals and thought Chris G did a fantastic job.
I personally think Brady was off his game today, not saying that Chris G is bad.

But PR Rog. What an embarrassement you put yourself through today. That was some poor sportsmanship.

Making the communitty look good.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
PR Rog apparently is always known to act like that, although to his credit he wasnt doing very well in that match at all. as for Sabin rooting against Brady, he just wanted a Reptile to win thats all. i still think Tom shouldve stuck to Sub Zero, changing his characters around only made him play like shit. i still dont understand why he chose Lao over Cage though. is Cage really that terrible in the Reptile Matchup?

CEO Trip Update:

Lost the next round by another zoning ermac. Gotta find a way to beat that dude! Called it a night. Hit the Perkins for a midnight meal and got some rest.
Ignorant Bizzle, I think that was me!

Had, a black shirt on went by Krebs? Was with JT and Superior Magick.

SZSR

Noob
PR Rog apparently is always known to act like that, although to his credit he wasnt doing very well in that match at all. as for Sabin rooting against Brady, he just wanted a Reptile to win thats all. i still think Tom shouldve stuck to Sub Zero, changing his characters around only made him play like shit. i still dont understand why he chose Lao over Cage though. is Cage really that terrible in the Reptile Matchup?
Post-Patch I don't think he's bad against him because of his almighty armor EX shadow kick, but pre-patch he doesn't have a real way to get in since Reptile has his spit to zone him out and the forceballs to keep him preoccupied. And since Chris G knew how to space away from Tom, I don't think Tom would've had a chance to get into there to put down the pressure.

Sabin

Elder God
I agree completely. Just because he lost to Tom doesn't mean he has to be a douche to him over the internet with 10k people watching. All of this added on top of his INCREDIBLY annoying voice, I wanted to punch him so hard in the back of the head that he wouldn't know what country he was in.
I love u too brother. If my voice bothers u just mute it cause I'm not going anywhere lol.

Also everyone who comments is also a player we all have our own biases this isn't espn

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Reseeing my matches on the stream reminded me how shaken up I was lol

Dropped literally every single juggle except one and in general my state of mind wasn't in the right place. That and my inexperience in the Reptile matchup was so obvious that it was painful to watch lol.
Not next time..... definitely going to make it out to more major tournies.

Highlight of the tournament:

1) Making love to Krebs and Superior Magic in the hotel on Friday night

2) Knocking JWong into Losers then knocking him out of the tourny minutes later.

Mmmmmm

Reseeing my matches on the stream reminded me how shaken up I was lol

Dropped literally every single juggle except one and in general my state of mind wasn't in the right place. That and my inexperience in the Reptile matchup was so obvious that it was painful to watch lol.
Not next time..... definitely going to make it out to more major tournies.

Highlight of the tournament:

1) Making love to Krebs and Superior Magic in the hotel on Friday night

2) Knocking JWong into Losers then knocking him out of the tourny minutes later.

Mmmmmm
LMFAO.....that is hilarious.

Seriously though, must feel good knocking out JWONG twice.
I BARELY lost to that Cyber-SubZero player right before that and I left, so I missed it.
Wish someone had it on video.

Kwon

---->----
Arturo needs to grow a set. Tom Brady owns him. He announced the finals rooting for Chris. Truly unprofessional. Get good arturo. You are a scrub.
This is true, since you are commentating as well as playing, losing should not get to you like that and letting emotions take control of the commentary.
Was very unprofessional as a commentator being biased like that.

But then again he is no professional commentator getting paid for it, so what can you expect?

I enjoy watching him play though, but more professional commentator for the next tournament should be in order.

It did add some controversy to the game though making people/audience react.

This is true, since you are commentating as well as playing, losing should not get to you like that and letting emotions take control of the commentary.
Was very unprofessional as a commentator being biased like that.

But then again he is no professional commentator getting paid for it, so what can you expect?

I enjoy watching him play though, but more professional commentator for the next tournament should be in order.

It did add some controversy to the game though making people/audience react.
You are 100% correct.

There is no doubt that Art is an amazing player in all games, he has proved that time and time again. But when you are commentating, try to have a little respect.

Did any of you guys find the MK stations having input delays? Whenever I played it felt like I was online without the constant stopping, my shit just wouldn't work there. Got back to my place and tested and it was flawless was very odd. Kinda spoiled the tournament for me and my brother since we couldn't perform half as good as we should of. Was pretty let down at those "lagless" monitors, not sure what the issue was. SC4 however worked practically perfect.

Also lack of sound sucked, difficult to land alot of combos when you have to go off visuals 100% of the time. I dropped Ermacs teleport combo 90% of time because of the sound and input delays.