What's new

CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-SSF4+MvC3=$5000, MK9 + More

Would You want MK9 to be on PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 29 59.2%

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

I$AAC

Noob
CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-MK9 Singles and 2v2 teams!

I took this from the SRK thread seeing as I will be undertaking the MK portion of the tourney:

CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-SSF4+MvC3=$5000 + More

Update: CEO 2011 Registration is up and Fully operational.

http://ceogaming.org/registration

Also You can get your badge for free by booking at least 2 nights at the Hosting Hotel, That information is here

http://ceogaming.org/location

This is the official SRK Tournament thread with tons of updates coming within the next couple weeks. Registration will also go live later this month through Eventbrite on Community Effort Orlando Gaming Tournaments.

There will be a $2500 MINIMUM Pot Payout for Both SSF4 and MvC3*Both on Xbox 360 Guaranteed.
There will also be Official Tournaments for (These games will be PS3) Mortal Kombat 9, BBCS, Arcana Heart 3, Tekken 6 and the Smash Games. Also there will be High Roller Tournaments for HDR(Xbox 360), CvS2 and 3s both on PS2 as well as a Fighting Game Cosplay Contest with prizes to be announced soon courtesy of one of the Largest Anime Conventions in Florida EXPCon.

When-June 10th-12th Friday-Sunday
Where- http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOWD/main.wnt

Please read below for initial Details and keep checking back. With over 18,000 Sq Ft(Room for 2300 people) of Space, an 1100 Room Hotel resort with CEO 2011 Rooms at 79$ Per night, 2 massive pool areas, Florida's perfect Summer weather and a Prime Location with over 100 restaurants within a 2 mile radius this will be one of the hottest Fighting Game Tournament Venues PERIOD!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships is a 3 day Gaming Convention for all Fighting Game Enthusiasts from all over the world competing for cash and prizes. Come witness and compete with some of the best players in the world inside of one of the largest 18,000 sq ft tournament gaming venues at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. If you want to come out and just have fun there will also be plenty of Casual Gaming Stations to play some of the latest Games. There will also be Arcade Cabinets with old school Fighting Games courtesy of DJ Delly. All Tournament Equipment and setups(40+ Xbox 360's/PS3, 5 HD Projectors and Asus Tournament Monitors) will be Provided Courtesy of EXPCon.Org and CEOGaming.

IMPORTANT NOTICE- You MUST* Pre Register before June 7th for Any of the Official Tournaments listed above. At 11:59 on Tuesday June 7th ALL Online Registeration will be closed.

How to get a FREE Player Badge- The Success of CEO 2011 happens from the help and support of the community. You are helping by staying at the Hosting Hotel for CEO 2011 at the Wyndham Resort Orlando by booking through the Special CEO 2011 Gaming Convention Rate, you will get a Room for up to 4 people at the Low price of 79$ Per night, If you book 2 nights at the Hotel during CEO 2011(Special Rate will apply from June 8th until June 15th) and send proof of reservation, The Name of the reservation will receive their Weekend Badge for FREE.

*There will be a last Minute Emergency Registration $40 Badge for those who do not wish to pay by credit card in advance from 11 am Until 3 pm on Friday June 10th. Tournaments will begin at 6 pm on Friday.

NO TOURNAMENT SIGNUPS ALLOWED for Official Tournaments on SATURDAY or SUNDAY.

Complete and Final Schedule for all official Tournaments will be announced May 1st 2011.

For more information, updates, prizes, sponsorships, complete rules and schedule please visit Community Effort Orlando Gaming Tournaments.

Special Guests and Top USA player Announcements coming soon. For more information go to ceogaming.org

Any and all Questions Can be directed to [email protected]

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good stuff man. Thanks for undertaking this, and giving the MK scene down there a much needed kick in the ass!!! Let me know if you need any help in any way i can!

I$AAC

Noob
No problem!! I also added a poll in which system we should use. As of right now we're using the PS3 but I figured I'd ask the people what they would prefer first.

I$AAC

Noob
OK I got a question. Which format should I use if I want to run UMK3? I know most people would run in on a cab but I'm not sure if there's even anyone with a UMK3 cab in Fl. also I was thinking we could run it on 360 since the MK TE stick will be out by then. Thoughts?

Tim Static

Adminerator
OK I got a question. Which format should I use if I want to run UMK3? I know most people would run in on a cab but I'm not sure if there's even anyone with a UMK3 cab in Fl. also I was thinking we could run it on 360 since the MK TE stick will be out by then. Thoughts?
360 as last resort. Even if so, you'd want to get a couple of these converters and a couple PSX pads too.

But you'd want to use Mame, on a laptop or desktop. Closet to cab you can get without a cab, but Mame can use get about any controller or stick out there

I$AAC

Noob
360 as last resort. Even if so, you'd want to get a couple of these converters and a couple PSX pads too.

But you'd want to use Mame, on a laptop or desktop. Closet to cab you can get without a cab, but Mame can use get about any controller or stick out there
Good looking out, I'll run it on a desktop if we have a tourney. Also thanks for the link on the converter, my friend has been hounding me to learn UMK3 and I want to, but I refuse to use the 360 pad!

Also, I'm working on getting some special guests to show up. Stay tuned!

I$AAC

Noob
Ok question for everyone.......How would you guys prefer? A high roller UMK3 tourney, a regular UMK3 tourney with a high roller MK2 tourney, or both regular UMK3 and MK2 tourneys?

oBryant

Noob
Ok question for everyone.......How would you guys prefer? A high roller UMK3 tourney, a regular UMK3 tourney with a high roller MK2 tourney, or both regular UMK3 and MK2 tourneys?
what is "high roller"? I've never heard the term.

Dark_Rob

Noob
First off, Good shit I$AAC. We need more go getters like you in this community who want to bring MK to the tourneys. This is TYM's primary mission.

No problem!! I also added a poll in which system we should use. As of right now we're using the PS3 but I figured I'd ask the people what they would prefer first.
I would suggest the PS3. Though I like the 360 better as a gaming console, I think most pad players would prefer the PS3's Dpad over the 360's. Ban Kratos of course.

As Tim said, MAME is the way to go. Weve been running UMK3 tournaments in the northeast for a while and MAME has always proven to be the most reliable, versatile and as close to arcade as you can possibly get.

I would go with a regular tourny for both games to start. Here's why, you want to get as many players as you can. Your not just running a tournament here, but your also acting as a promoter for the game. Your primary goal should be to get as many people playing the game as you can. Weve run UMK3 tourneys with as low as a $5 buy in because the cheap price to buy in will get you more players. Again its much less about the money and much more about promoting the game.

Good luck with this I$AAC. Im sure you will score a slam dunk.

I$AAC

Noob
Thanks for the heads up and helpful words Dark_Rob. It's official both MK2 and UMK3 will be at the tourney. UMK3 will be played on MAME and MK2 will be on PS3/MAME (not sure which would be better)

Also anyone interested in an MK4 tourney as well? It was the only classic MK game I was good at lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thanks for the heads up and helpful words Dark_Rob. It's official both MK2 and UMK3 will be at the tourney. UMK3 will be played on MAME and MK2 will be on PS3/MAME (not sure which would be better)

Also anyone interested in an MK4 tourney as well? It was the only classic MK game I was good at lol
Do MK2 on Mame too. Better port on mame plus 360 sticks etc can still be used.

PS- i voted for 360 for MK9. why? because. :coffee:

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Alex Jebailey, the man Behind CEO and just wanted to let you all know I'm an MK player since day one well before I got into the SF world of things, so I will do my best to represent the new Mortal Kombat well. If you have any questions about the event don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Also If you guys can get enough interest you are welcome to set up an UMK3 tourney or whatever else you'd like besides the Sanctioned MK9 tournament on PS3. Just let me know. The venue space I have is bigger than any other Major out there besides EVO itself so I want to take full advantage of what I have.

I'm pretty excited for this tourney, probably the only major I'll be able to make it out to this year so I'm gonna try and make the best of it. I hear a lot of good things about CEO so I can't wait to play!

Thanks for posting.

We'll definitely get someone on taking UMK3 down there, I know a lot of guys from the site already going down there for CEO.

We'll get you TO forum access in a few in case there's anything you or your guys need from our community to help run MK9 or a UMK3 side.

Thank you for the warm Welcome Phil and everyone else.

Team Sp00ky Is streaming CEO so I know we're gonna show some Stream love to MK9. I want a top 8 for Mk9, Super and Marvel, everything else will only have a top 4 on Finals day unless something changes.

You should all add me on www.facebook.com/Googlemyname or www.twitter.com/CEOJebailey for CEO updates. I have a private staff group on Facebook so I'll invite anyone interested in helping.

I want to be organized as possible for this event so long as people actually sign up online in time. I will have so many setups there's no reason this tournament shouldn't run on time and I'll need everyone's help to reach that goal.

Again thank you guys for the support, I have a huge opportunity to make this event shine so I'll do my best not to fail.

Also anyone have leads to WB or Netherrealm for maybe some prize support? Let me know.

Also any chance my CEO Trailer can get a front page article for exposure? You can link to this article http://ceogaming.org/component/content/article/83-ceo-get-hype-trailer and that'll get people more info on the event.

Also is there a standard set for Tourney play IE should it be 1v1 mode or 2v2?

I$AAC

Noob
new announcement: There WILL BE a MK9 team tournament using 4 player 2v2 mode.Signups at CEO.
CEO will show MAD LOVE to the MK Kommunity!!