What's new

CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-SSF4+MvC3=$5000, MK9 + More

Would You want MK9 to be on PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 29 59.2%

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
new announcement: There WILL BE a MK9 team tournament using 4 player 2v2 mode.Signups at CEO.
CEO will show MAD LOVE to the MK Kommunity!!
Yes This game is amazing, and after playing 4 player mode for HOURS last night with friends, it has a lot of potential as a team tournament game.

This game will not dissapoint you guys, I'm really excited and I'm gonna push it the best I can.

Holy shit, what are the odds that im leaving for Florida on June 7th. I'll be there. I'll be coming with a friend.

Jago has shown interest in coming to Florida to chill. If he does, then count him in too.

This is great because the energy down in Florida when you play is great. You dont feel tired. Or cold. lol. God i love Florida. Really hoping i make this tourney. I WILL be in Florida though, so lets make it happen.

Shout out to ISAAC, cant wait to finally meet you after all these years. Keep holding it down bro.

Gentlemen,

Please let me first say hello and thank you all for the fine job you all do in organizing these events.

Myself and many fellow gamers from the west palm beach area would like to attend your Orlando event.
However, we are currently playing mk on the 360. Would there be any consideration to having a tourney
On this system? I believe it would greatly increase interest and participation.

Take care,

Noah

Gentlemen,

Please let me first say hello and thank you all for the fine job you all do in organizing these events.

Myself and many fellow gamers from the west palm beach area would like to attend your Orlando event.
However, we are currently playing mk on the 360. Would there be any consideration to having a tourney
On this system? I believe it would greatly increase interest and participation.

Take care,

Noah
I am sorry to say that Mortal Kombat 9 on Playstation 3 is actually the overall preferred system and 99% of Majors have decided to use MK9 on PS3 so I am sticking with what the majority wants. This is mostly because everyone plays on a Playstation pad and it's been proven that the PS3 pad is way better than the Xbox pad when it comes to fighters. So this will not change for CEO. I'm sorry if that deters you and your friends from attending.

Also Xbox 360 has a patching problem that always need the system to be connected online for any patches to work. At CEO it would be impossible to keep all the Xbox's Connected online so this is a really big factor as to why PS3 is the console of choice since it hasn't been proven to have this problem on the PS3.

Ok so I am looking to attend this tournament, but I am new to the tournament scene and have a question. I have the pdp mk stick for the 360 and that is the only way I am going to play the game. If I come to the tourney, is there going to be access to a ps3 pdp stick? Are people cool with letting you borrow their stick to play with? I would hate to have to buy a stick for 1 tournament. I'm just curious as to how this works. I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of 360 players showing up for this tourney right?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Ok so I am looking to attend this tournament, but I am new to the tournament scene and have a question. I have the pdp mk stick for the 360 and that is the only way I am going to play the game. If I come to the tourney, is there going to be access to a ps3 pdp stick? Are people cool with letting you borrow their stick to play with? I would hate to have to buy a stick for 1 tournament. I'm just curious as to how this works. I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of 360 players showing up for this tourney right?

Just curious.

Thanks.
I own the PDP stick for PS3 but prefer to use a pad, but I will bring my PDP stick and keep it available for those who wish to use it for the tournament itself and you sir will have first dibs everytime for a tournament match and then so on.

PS Majority of the players attending so far play this game on PS3. Although I love fighters on XBOX 360 preferably I know for a fact more people would enter if it is on PS3.

I own the PDP stick for PS3 but prefer to use a pad, but I will bring my PDP stick and keep it available for those who wish to use it for the tournament itself and you sir will have first dibs everytime for a tournament match and then so on.
Wow man, thanks. That is very cool.

I$AAC

Noob
I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I will not be running the mk9 side of the tourney due to the fact that I was asked to be the best man at my best friends wedding on June 11th. It sucks that I won't be able to compete but at least I'll be there Sunday to get some games and chill with the TYM crew. Jebailey will be running things on the MK side so you guys will be in good hands I promise!

I have got to ask this question.

Why is Tom Brady allowed to participate in these events?? He did take part in the development of the game.
He has inside information on the specifics of the engine that we must figure out on our own.

I would have to say it is poor judgement by the dev team and or the tournament operators.

I am looking forward to this event, but I know we go in at a disadvantage firm the word go.

I really have no chance to win this event even if Tom doesn't play, but maybe everyone entering should know the story before
they enter.

This thread isn't the right place for it, but a few reasons it's not an issue:

- Every fighting game has had people start early, test the game, or get chances before anyone else to play the game. Community tournaments have never banned these players.

- He is not an employee of NRS, and was not the only player who took part in the development of the game. Many other players who will compete in these same tournaments may have helped or played the game early at some point.

- Fighting games (and every competitive game for that matter) evolve so quickly that any advantage gained from playing a few weeks early is quickly lost when people develop new strategies or ways to win.

- Tom Brady has gone out of his way to help players within the community with strategy and informing players about the game, to the extent that many people who get a chance with the game early never do.

I could go on, but it's a non-issue, especially for a tournament that takes place two months after the game is released.

D. R.

Noob
Why is there no list of players attending? I'd figure that would help hype the tourney more knowing what kinda comp people have instore for themselves. Always does for Tekken anyway. The game's so new and with all the new Mk blood I personally can't wait to get some high level play casuals and tourney matchs with everyone I can.

Noob >>> All

Hope to see everyone there!

Pokernoahc said:
* Employees and contracted employees of PDP, Netherrealm Studios, Warner Bros. or Prima are NOT eligible to enter in this tournament. If the tournament staff finds out that you are (or have been during the making of Mortal Kombat 9) employed by said companies, your registration will be void and any tournament winnings will be forfeited.
This thread is for CEO 2011, not the PDP tournament. We all know the rules in relation to that tournament, and the reason they are there. That is a tournament with a corporate sponsored prize.

The reason that is in place is for legal reasons. When a company gives away 21k in prizes they have to be careful about who is eligible for the prize, and will usually not allow employees from the any company involved in the game or tournament.

CEO is a community tournament, with buy ins that go into the pot from entry fees. The total amount of those entry fees are broken down and awarded to the winners.

No community tournament has ever banned players for affiliations with specific companies. I don't think Alex is going to try to be the first one, as it would be ridiculous.

Please don't derail the thread any further. If you have questions concerns or comments about the issue feel free to pm the tourney organizer or any staff on TYM. Thanks.

Sorry for a delayed response, you can imagine things are crazy on my end with CEO less than a month away.

I can understand a newcomer's gripe to someone like Tom Brady winning all these tournaments after tons of testing time with the event and while even I see it as a little unfair he is no way unbeatable. All of his testing time was for bugs and single player mode, that generally does not convert over to actual Tournament play and skills. Granted he won the last major, but after showing everyone what MK9 is about people are starting to pick it up and beat him.

Big corporate tournaments like PDP are just that corporations just out for advertising so they usually ban people that have worked with the game and that's generally why those events never end up being a true test of skill and never happen more than once in a particular game's lifetime.

I want CEO to be as fair as possible but again Tom isn't unbeatable so who knows what will happen at CEO.

DR It seems everyone who matters to the TYM community is attending CEO :) so pretty much all the big names we already know are coming.

Also to reiterate there IS a $500 Pot bonus for MK9 at CEO. It may not be just split among top 3 but I'll announce exactly what it is closer to the event so don't think I forgot about mentioning it. Just have way more stuff to worry about right now.

Also I started a Video Update series so if you're attending the event you may wanna check it out :).

I$AAC

Noob
seeing that I'll only be able to make it on Sunday I wanted to see if any out of staters would like to money match me in MK9? first to 5 for $20 minimum. I'm trying to get the most out of the experience. I'll either be getting a lot of money or buying everyone dinner that night

seeing that I'll only be able to make it on Sunday I wanted to see if any out of staters would like to money match me in MK9? first to 5 for $20 minimum. I'm trying to get the most out of the experience. I'll either be getting a lot of money or buying everyone dinner that night
I'll be there. I'm in for the money match.

Sorry for a delayed response, you can imagine things are crazy on my end with CEO less than a month away.

I can understand a newcomer's gripe to someone like Tom Brady winning all these tournaments after tons of testing time with the event and while even I see it as a little unfair he is no way unbeatable. All of his testing time was for bugs and single player mode, that generally does not convert over to actual Tournament play and skills. Granted he won the last major, but after showing everyone what MK9 is about people are starting to pick it up and beat him.

Big corporate tournaments like PDP are just that corporations just out for advertising so they usually ban people that have worked with the game and that's generally why those events never end up being a true test of skill and never happen more than once in a particular game's lifetime.

I want CEO to be as fair as possible but again Tom isn't unbeatable so who knows what will happen at CEO.

DR It seems everyone who matters to the TYM community is attending CEO :) so pretty much all the big names we already know are coming.

Also to reiterate there IS a $500 Pot bonus for MK9 at CEO. It may not be just split among top 3 but I'll announce exactly what it is closer to the event so don't think I forgot about mentioning it. Just have way more stuff to worry about right now.

Also I started a Video Update series so if you're attending the event you may wanna check it out :).

Thanks for the response. I really do appreciate you taking the time to address this concern. You are the first person who responded to this item like an adult. I understand your side of things and my concern is dropped.

It is obvious why you are the person running this event. You are not afraid of adversity and confront it in a straightforward and professional manner.

Thanks again and see you at CEO!

Thanks for the response. I really do appreciate you taking the time to address this concern. You are the first person who responded to this item like an adult. I understand your side of things and my concern is dropped.

It is obvious why you are the person running this event. You are not afraid of adversity and confront it in a straightforward and professional manner.

I agree, the guy running this event is awesome.

Really appreciate that man Thank you, all the community appreciation is what keeps me ticking for these events.

I had the privilege of being on the WakeUp Srk Podcast with Keits and Ski for this morning, check it out if you wanna learn about the events themselves and how we put them together.

http://shoryuken.com/content/wakeup-shoryuken-e060-large-scale-tournament-planning-ceo-jebailey-keits-4495/

Question: is this event suitable for my 8yr old son?
He loves gaving and we aren't concerned with the M rating of the game.
He will enter, but can't win.

Thoughts? Do you typically see kids this age at events?

Thanks

Question: is this event suitable for my 8yr old son?
He loves gaving and we aren't concerned with the M rating of the game.
He will enter, but can't win.

Thoughts? Do you typically see kids this age at events?

Thanks
The event itself is definitely suitable for kids of all ages with their parents there, however 13 is the minimum age required to actually enter any of the tournaments and especially MK9. So unfortunately he would not be able to enter that, as for watching MK itself going on I leave that to the parent's judgement.

When MK first came out I actually asked some other TO's about needing maybe a waiver for people under 18 since it's an M game to enter but we all decided that's on the parents for letting them enter as long as they are aware.

KingRey

Noob
Really looking forward to this one Alex!!! Thanks for setting up such an Awesome event!! Will you be playing or just hosting? If you are playing what will you play?

Really looking forward to this one Alex!!! Thanks for setting up such an Awesome event!! Will you be playing or just hosting? If you are playing what will you play?
I will be just entering AE and MK9 which starts later on Sunday so I can make sure everything is started and running smoothly so it doesn't take much time away from actually doing my job as host.

Just an Update the CEO Hotel Room block is almost sold out, so if you plan to book it now is the time before the Deadline May 27th where the rate will go from $79 a night to $109.

http://ceogaming.org/registration/hotel

Is there any way possible that we can do an auction match? They did it this weekend for the Chicago event and it went over extremely well!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I agree those auction matches look hella fun.
And just cuz the organizer of the event sounds so cool it's making me want to take a road trip to Florida for CEO!