What's new

CEO 2011 Orlando, FL June 10-12th-EVO 2011 Tournament Series-SSF4+MvC3=$5000, MK9 + More

Would You want MK9 to be on PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 29 59.2%

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

BudL0

Creator of BudTech
Looking forward to heading up there with SomeCubanGuy! Bringing the little known MK South Florida scene up north ;)

Looking forward to heading up there with SomeCubanGuy! Bringing the little known MK South Florida scene up north ;)
I really hope you guys are thinking of the CEO hype being dead or anything. We're at 70 Pre reg for Mk9 and Counting
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tkqhkhd-SbaGCQK-2eYU0zA&hl=en_US#gid=0

Most likely I will be switching it to Pool play with 4 pools, I'll write up the pool schedule and such for people by next Monday. It'll still start same time on saturday June 11th at 5 pm.

KingRey

Noob
I really hope you guys are thinking of the CEO hype being dead or anything. We're at 70 Pre reg for Mk9 and Counting
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tkqhkhd-SbaGCQK-2eYU0zA&hl=en_US#gid=0

Most likely I will be switching it to Pool play with 4 pools, I'll write up the pool schedule and such for people by next Monday. It'll still start same time on saturday June 11th at 5 pm.
Sounds great!! Really looking forward to meeting all of the players I have been watching vids on. This is gonna be a great tourney.

iWumbo

Noob
I'll probably be going as a spectator to support my cousin Deg, who will be competing in both SSF4 and MK9. If you see a kick-ass Kitana, it's probably him =D

I would definitely enter my Liu Kang in the tournament too if the entry fee wasn't a gazillion bucks...times are tough =/ lol
$20 spectator fee is already more than enough for my wallet.

KingRey

Noob
GoogleMyName said:
Over 100 people are now registered for MK9 at CEO https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmjzN7obygIidGtxaGtoZC1TYmFHQ1FLLTJlWVUwekE&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

Monday is your last chance to sign up online. To prevent delays in start time I'm most likely capping Signups for MK9 at 128 total players, so I suggest registering online cause at the door might be too late.

And if you're from Florida and you have a means to come to this, be sure you do so, otherwise trust me you'll regret what's in store for MK at CEO.
Just copied and pasted this from the FL thread.

Justin.tv/teamsp00ky should have it I believe.

Don't know the stream schedule though. I think teamspooky have a dedicated site now too that may have times listed.

iWumbo

Noob
I really appreciate whoever organized this for getting it together for the Florida scene, but there were MAJOR flaws in how it was being run. Now I'm just going by what my cousin is telling me, who was the victim in this situation, so bear with me.

My cousin signed up for both SSF4 and MK9, which I believe started at the same time, or at least overlapped in terms of running time. Anyway, he was running back and forth between SSF4 matches and MK9 matches, whatevz. It finally ended up that while he was in the middle of a SSF4 match, he was called for one of his MK9 matches. He had won 4 MK9 matches already, but already lost 1, so losing again meant him being out. Apparently he couldn't make it to the MK9 match, and was given an automatic loss, kicking him out of the tourney.
I'm not entirely sure if that's the whole story, or if I'm missing a detail or 2, but according to that it seems to be a bit on the bullshit side of things. If 2 tournaments are going on at the same time, shouldn't the organizers be aware of players that are entered into both, and accommodate them accordingly? It's really unfair that he couldn't make it to his game, yet (as my cousin explained to me) they waited 15-20 minutes for Mike Ross to make it to his next game because of course, he's Mike Ross.

I'm not filing a complaint or doing a service for my cousin, I'm just saying that it's kinda stupid. Take it as you will.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
thats pretty lame Wumbo, im sorry your Cousin had to deal with that. whats worse is i heard MK9 is only gettign top 8 action while the other games are getting upward of 6 hours of screen time. its a shame and a waste really, im so angry.

Zebster

How's my volume?
The tournaments are pretty fun to watch, especially like this:

Yes this is what my desktop looks like at the moment.

thats pretty lame Wumbo, im sorry your Cousin had to deal with that. whats worse is i heard MK9 is only gettign top 8 action while the other games are getting upward of 6 hours of screen time. its a shame and a waste really, im so angry.
Yeah we're still getting stiffed with the time we get on stream.
Sucks dude. Not fair if true.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
The tournaments are pretty fun to watch, especially like this:

Yes this is what my desktop looks like at the moment.

Yeah we're still getting stiffed with the time we get on stream.

Sucks dude. Not fair if true.
i dont understand it, but hey, they can have their AE and MvC3 if they want. whatever, ill watch offcast.

VonBouncinSkull

Sküll Crüsher
I really appreciate whoever organized this for getting it together for the Florida scene, but there were MAJOR flaws in how it was being run. Now I'm just going by what my cousin is telling me, who was the victim in this situation, so bear with me.

My cousin signed up for both SSF4 and MK9, which I believe started at the same time, or at least overlapped in terms of running time. Anyway, he was running back and forth between SSF4 matches and MK9 matches, whatevz. It finally ended up that while he was in the middle of a SSF4 match, he was called for one of his MK9 matches. He had won 4 MK9 matches already, but already lost 1, so losing again meant him being out. Apparently he couldn't make it to the MK9 match, and was given an automatic loss, kicking him out of the tourney.
I'm not entirely sure if that's the whole story, or if I'm missing a detail or 2, but according to that it seems to be a bit on the bullshit side of things. If 2 tournaments are going on at the same time, shouldn't the organizers be aware of players that are entered into both, and accommodate them accordingly? It's really unfair that he couldn't make it to his game, yet (as my cousin explained to me) they waited 15-20 minutes for Mike Ross to make it to his next game because of course, he's Mike Ross.

I'm not filing a complaint or doing a service for my cousin, I'm just saying that it's kinda stupid. Take it as you will.
Did he tell anybody he was in two games? It seemed to me most people were running off from MK for SSFIV without telling anybody they had another match to play. If he did, then yeah thats pretty messed up. It was kinda hard to hear the pool judge (over the PA at times even) when I was standing right next to the matches. The later pools seemed to be a little more organized. Also, I was 'posed to fight Mike Ross but he forfeited from MK right when I was gonna. :(

CEO Trip Update:

BehindtheLight met me here in Port St. Lucie and we headed to O town for CEO. Arrived at the hotel and checked in with no issue. We were excited to get to the room and work on some stuff before the MK tournament. However, the hotel had a tv in the room from the 1980's so we couldnt event hook up the system. WTF? Maybe next year we can host this evet somewhere that has a flat screen in the room?

We roll into the venue and check in was easy. Got our badges and away we went. The venue was huge with a wall dedicated to MK, SF, and MVC. The other games were spread throughout. We ran in to Tom Brady and he followed through with his promise to play my 8 year old son at MK. Suprisingly my son won :) and was thrilled to play one of the Greatest MK players around. In my opinion, also the nicest. Thanks Tom.

We played a few casuals then registered for the the MK Team Tournament. It was originally supposed to be 2 players per team. They changed it to 3. So I ponied up the $15 bucks (really? Is this small enough or no?) and searched for a 3rd teammate to join me and BTL. We found some dude that looked good playing noob and he joined us. This is where the fun begins.

First round we get our matchup. I will not give the exact handle of the player at to protect the innocent. Lets just refer to this player as Fat Lazy Over Eater. This guy looked like they had to balance him on the chair. He looked as though he was going to spill onto the floor at any time. True lack of muscle mass. Anyhow, he chose Ermac and proceded to zone all 3 of the team members. The most annoying part of the entire thing was that he had a following of groupies. They were young asian girls with high pitched screams that chanted "Let's Go (Guy not to be mentioned)". Wow how annoying. These girls obviously were paid for by the sponosrs cause this heap can't even see his Johnson let alone use it.

On to the second match where I single handedly crushed the entire other team with Milena. Good times. Lost the next round by another zoning ermac. Gotta find a way to beat that dude! Called it a night. Hit the Perkins for a midnight meal and got some rest.

Back to the tournament area at 11am to see what was going on. Our pool wasnt to start till 8pm. Originally scheduled to start at 5pm, but they had to split the pools up due to the large turnout. Played some casuals and did fairly well. BTL managed to beat TomB a game or two but Tom won the series. I got crushed by PL. Did ok against the randoms that were entered. We met some cool players from TYM. The dude from arizona, forget the handle, and the guy from Palm Bay.
Will stay in touch with you all. You are truly class acts.

Finally had the draw completed for the brackets and I drew some scrub called Justin Wong. Might as well get my raping out of the way. So I mentally prepare myself for intense combat. I put the Beats By Dre Headse on (Which if you havent tried them, are awesome), fired up the Rage Against the Machine and proceded to get abused by the best player in the world. I did do my homework and watched video to prepare. I was able to throw in a quick leg kick to start the first round of the first match. That was the last point that I led. Ok, on to my second match against JW. I can surely regroup! The round starts, Wong gets me in a 41% combo and my Ipod switches to James Taylor "You've Got a Friend". So much for my moment of glory.

I'm sent to the losers bracked and wreck some dude that had Ermac. Then proceed to get eliminated by a cyber sub. BTL gets eliminated by the same cyber sub.

We head to MC'D's for some comfort food, head to the room, and then decide to leave in the morning and skip the movie about Justin Wong.

Overall the trip was a great experience. Met alot of nice people and some real A-holes.

Cliff notes:

Tournament could have been run smoother. Was a tad disorganized. Jabailey did a great job selling it. The turnout was great. He will make this better next year no doubt! Thanks Jabailey.

Fat Lazy Over Eater: annoying groupies, shook hands like my 3 year old daughter, no muscle tone, and used annoying Ermac.

Justin Wong: Could be more personable since he is the face of competitive gaming. Shook hands like my 3 year old daughter. Seems awkward in group settings.

Tom Brady: Awesome dude. Truly a class act. Handshake like a man. Used Sub Zero which is respectable. Thanks Tom!!

Pr Balrog: Hates to lose. Looked like a kid that was gonna cry. Had a smaller set of groupies then the other Pro.

Ignorant Bizzle (me) could have played better. played against some of the best. Learned alot.

Behind the Light: Performs like poop under pressure. Could beat anyone if he didn't choke.

Fat Lazy Over Eater: annoying groupies, shook hands like my 3 year old daughter, no muscle tone, and used annoying Ermac.

Justin Wong: Could be more personable since he is the face of competitive gaming. Shook hands like my 3 year old daughter. Seems awkward in group settings.
You can make all the (scrubby) comments you want about people being cheap for using certain characters, but this forum doesn't exist for you to make fun of people you don't know for being fat.

Especially when they happen to be one of the nicest guys and pretty much a universally respected member of the fighting game community.

Wow the way Arturo Sanchez rooted against Tom Brady in the finals was pathetic. What a little bitch. Lost all respect for that fucker.

Arturo [ban incoming]

Wow the way Arturo Sanchez rooted against Tom Brady in the finals was pathetic. What a little bitch. Lost all respect for that fucker.

Arturo needs to grow a set. Tom Brady owns him. He announced the finals rooting for Chris. Truly unprofessional. Get good arturo. You are a scrub.

You can make all the (scrubby) comments you want about people being cheap for using certain characters, but this forum doesn't exist for you to make fun of people you don't know for being fat.

Especially when they happen to be one of the nicest guys and pretty much a universally respected member of the fighting game community.
I'm allowed to state the facts. And if anyone can prove that the guy isn't fat, go ahead.

nonsense.

tom was the favourite to win the grand final, the true 'neutrals' don't want the favourite to win. it may also have something to do with chrisg being reptile, arturo's main.

you sound like a grovelling fanboy.

did you hear the spectators booing when brady picked kunglao? they were rooting for chrisg too, i suppose they're all pathetic as well?

i'm sure tom will take it on the chin and come back fighting.