What's new

Capcom is delisting Marvel digitally...could NRS have the Marvel license?

Capcom is delisting Marvel stuff. Do you think this means Marvel may be going to NRS?

• Yes

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 72.2%

• Total voters

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
No. Because they'd find some way to make Storm and Phoenix look like men, and then I would just be sad.
I was all for this till you brought that up. Black Panther would look at Storm then it'd be Avengers vs X-Men all over again.

And imagine if Capcom did this? They'd talk about all the story endings and all the great characters they have and it'd end up being a 4 panel thing at the end of an arcade mode. You know, I still have no fucking clue what's going on in Darkstalkers to this day? Love the game, Capcom does good, but I'd rather a game full of great comic heroes going at it not be done by them. Fuck it, give it to Naughty Dog. They are riding high from TLoU, they can do it.

And who would y'all want since we are talking about it? Marvel side, I'd hope for Black Panther or Daredevil, and JUST GIVE ME HAWKMAN DAMMIT!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I dont understand the logic of hoping it doesnt happen. Who gets hurt if it gets made and it sucks?

What if it doesnt suck?
This. Boohoo that its not Nitsuma and Capcom if this is how it happens to play out. I'd love the whole Nitsuma dream to happen too...remember that I came from UMVC3 to IGAU so I'd be all for it. However, I see no problem with another company reinvisioning Marvel for fighting games. Im honestly pretty sick of Magneto and Captain America's playstyles after all these years. Be cool to see how they get handled if NRS did get to touch em at some point.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Honestly, I loved Injustice. So if they just do Injustice 2 vs marvel chars or whatever. I'm all for it. Just no block button and I'll be one happy camper.

I take it you don't like it? What about Mortal Kombat? They made that too by the way.
you're talking about a game that was littered by bugs. They still have the "lets patch things non stop" notion as well. They are not even on the same calibur of capcom, namco or arcsys in competitive fighting. They make good games overall, but in terms of competitive fighting games? Average at best. Not bad, but not great.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
you're talking about a game that was littered by bugs. They still have the "lets patch things non stop" notion as well. They are not even on the same calibur of capcom, namco or arcsys in competitive fighting. They make good games overall, but in terms of competitive fighting games? Average at best. Not bad, but not great.

So what then? NRS should leave Marvel alone because it's blasphemous to consider anyone other than Capcom working on the series? This isn't a NRS vs. Capcom debate.

DarkPage

Noob
I would actually want NRS to create this over Capcom.....NRS makes GREAT storylines to their fighters so you can alrdy count on a crazy fun story mode and they make more serious feeling fighters MVC is fun and all but its just to flashy and alot of BROKEN shit going on at one time.. I still feel it was made for ages 10 to 16 but anyway with them being broke and all I doubt they will be able to even produce it and I think NRS has learned enough from MK9 and INJ about balancing and shit of that nature to create a fairly good MvDC game... Hulk vs Doomsday? BlackAdam vs Thor? Deadpool vs Deathstroke? Avengers vs JL? lol Shit would be great...
Dude exactly i would almost strictly buy it for the fact that the story would probably be amazing.

So what then? NRS should leave Marvel alone because it's blasphemous to consider anyone other than Capcom working on the series? This isn't a NRS vs. Capcom debate.
Its not an opinion. NRS if you want to count midway had a series of questionable games. If you don't count it then you have MK9 with nonstop bugs, and both mk9 and injustice with nonstop patches. Arcsys, namco and capcom have had over a decade of mostly great competitive fighters. Yes some of them weren't as good (sc3, capcom fighting jam, guilty gear isuka) but that is a minority. NRS has proven they can make competent fighter, but its still not on the same level of the vets. That could change in a few years but for now its 1) too early and 2) their previous work does equate it to be on the same level as the other games.

NRS having marvel is a dangerous proposition for the competitive scene. It will always and I mean ALWAYS be compared to Marvel 2 and Marvel 3. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing is up to debate. I honestly think it would hurt them since marvel fighting games are closely tied to the mvc series and anything that isn't similar to that will get backlash from the mvc community.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I played the shit out of marvel nemesis. I mained Solaris. that was the most brokenly fun game ever
I liked Wink. Teleport characters are awesome.
I remember I had it on the PSP and played it everywhere I went, I remember Brigade being the easiest dude to beat ever. Out of the Imperfects Johnny Ohm was where it was at! Flying around with lightning somehow all cheap as shit. Other than that it was Venom and Magneto all the damn way.
I would be so disappointed if NRS developed a Marvel v. DC game.
Dude a Marvel vs. DC fighter could be done by fucking Sonic Team and I still would just be happy that there was a Marvel vs. DC Fighter.

Well as the NRS community...We dont give a shit about the MVC community
aren't you little short sighted. You sound just like little kids clique say to each other.

Yeah don't give a shit to the 2nd largest scene in the tournament scene. Are you fucking retarded? Why would you alienate the 2nd largest group? That makes no sense from a marketing stand point. "HEY GUYS NEW MARVEL FIGHTING GAME BUT FUCKKK YOU MVC PEOPLE!"

ya that will do well.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Its not an opinion. NRS if you want to count midway had a series of questionable games. If you don't count it then you have MK9 with nonstop bugs, and both mk9 and injustice with nonstop patches. Arcsys, namco and capcom have had over a decade of mostly great competitive fighters. Yes some of them weren't as good (sc3, capcom fighting jam, guilty gear isuka) but that is a minority. NRS has proven they can make competent fighter, but its still not on the same level of the vets. That could change in a few years but for now its 1) too early and 2) their previous work does equate it to be on the same level as the other games.

NRS having marvel is a dangerous proposition for the competitive scene. It will always and I mean ALWAYS be compared to Marvel 2 and Marvel 3. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing is up to debate. I honestly think it would hurt them since marvel fighting games are closely tied to the mvc series and anything that isn't similar to that will get backlash from the mvc community.
1. Again, I'm not debating NRS vs Capcom because this conversation isn't even about that.

2. You're speculating that the backlash from fans on a Marvel fighting game from a developer other than Capcom will be instantly shunned? Based on what, psychic powers? Regardless, lets pretend that you're right and the Capcom FGC would ignore a NRS Marvel game. Man that already happens and NRS games sell and thrive just fine. If the MvC community doesn't want to embrace an NRS Marvel game they wouldn't have to. Provided the game was deep, technically sound, and fun a scene would support it.

Um did you see how much shit they gave MK9 when it came out? And yet the game was still a hit same goes for INJ that did better in sales in its first months compared to MVC so umm you sir seem to be the retard here and guess wat...Still dont give a shit ;)
who is "they"? Steam monsters? LOL? Justin, Floe, Li Joe, and many more tried it out. I never mention sales you dumb fuck. There is a reason why I said competitive scene you illiterate piece of shit. Keep being salty with fucking Inustice getting 9/10am finals. I don't even play mvc3 but with idiots like you no wonder nobody outside the NRS community wants to support NRS games. I'm done with this. Keep being inclusive and not try to appeal to other scenes.

I wasn't certain where this thread should go because its a speculation thread that relates to Injustice and Marvel. Move it if needed other mods.

Here's the deal...Capcom is delisting Marvel vs Capcom DLC.

Why is this news to us? Well here is the thing...Boon has teased us before if someone inevitably brought up Marvel vs DC as a thing NRS should do. We know he's for it, but we know Boon is also a tease. However, we know WB studios has had Marvel sniffing around them a LOT lately looking for a new way to monetize their product in games. Marvel Lego is doing well and considering MVC lost money and that its being delisted its obvious Capcom has lost the license.

With Injustice getting Fighting game of the Year, with its sales that are STILL continuing to grow with Ultimate and all the attention its had with the comic being a literal New York Time's Best Seller its quite possible that Marvel has taken notice of this and may finally be willing to go in on the joint venture of the millenium that comic book fans have dreamed of.

Its all just speculation. All we do know is that its looking solid that Capcom has lost the Marvel license due to the delistings.

So weigh in folks...do you think this is a sign that the Marvel License may be meeting up with the Injustice Universe soon since it appears to be leaving Capcom and Marvel seems to be enjoying WB studios?
This news isn't indicative of anything like that. It's best not to jump to wild conclusions and spread false hype like this.

This is how Marvel's licenses work. They tend to grant exclusive licenses for a particular period of time to game developers. They let them do whatever they want for X years, then they get it back to sell to the next developer. When that happens, the previous licensee loses the right to sell DLC.

The same thing happened when Activision's rights ran up and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC had to be taken down.

NRS will likely never make a Marvel game. Warner Bros. owns both NRS and DC, and Marvel is a competitor. You just got everyone all riled up for nothing.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I remember I had it on the PSP and played it everywhere I went, I remember Brigade being the easiest dude to beat ever. Out of the Imperfects Johnny Ohm was where it was at! Flying around with lightning somehow all cheap as shit. Other than that it was Venom and Magneto all the damn way.

Dude a Marvel vs. DC fighter could be done by fucking Sonic Team and I still would just be happy that there was a Marvel vs. DC Fighter.
Brigade was super broke too. PEW PEW PEW PEW

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah, he was a heavy character with zoning... dafuq. But the AI was awful with him.

If I remember right, doesn't his pew pew absolutely destroy health bars?
Yeah it killed. But then if he shot too many times, he went crazy and was vulnerable. So....balanced?