What's new

General/Other - Tanya Cancelling a Teleport Upon Landing

mkl

Poopbutt.
Explain what is gross before I decide to hit like.

As if the nail wasn't deep enough in her coffin, these fools will not allow even the slightest glimpse of use from an overly nerfed move.

"We just want to make sure the patch notes were wrong and thats it not a glitch." Mmmmhmmm
It's the Tanya manhunt now which is unjustified and gross at this point. You can't make teleport much worse without straight up deleting the damn move. I hated watching Tanya as much as anyone else, but people need to chill a bit. I suppose it visually looks gross to teleport into teleport as well.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
its really almost a joke at this point, they wont rest until this move is complete trash... ugh..
Thank you. This whole panic, the pitchforks, and now this nuke of a nerf is a fucking joke.

Like, everyone got what they wanted, teleport is virtually useless now, damage was oddly reduced, and now we have to mainly rely on her mediocre ground game. It's mediocre because she was clearly designed around her air mobility. She is just a bag of gimmicks now.

Tanya died for MKX's grand entrance at EVO...that's the fucking joke.

kevkopdx

Noob
Thank you. This whole panic, the pitchforks, and now this nuke of a nerf is a fucking joke.

Like, everyone got what they wanted, teleport is virtually useless now, damage was oddly reduced, and now we have to mainly rely on her mediocre ground game. It's mediocre because she was clearly designed around her air mobility. She is just a bag of gimmicks now.

Tanya died for MKX's grand entrance at EVO...that's the fucking joke.
the damage nerf was odd, her damage wasnt out of line with the rest of the cast... the nerfing of a blocked move out of teleport was odd as well... i guess this means the game is gonna look sooo good at EVO that everyone is gonna pick it up lol.... once the well of prize money runs out we'll see what happens

RunwayMafia

It's the Tanya manhunt now which is unjustified and gross at this point. You can't make teleport much worse without straight up deleting the damn move. I hated watching Tanya as much as anyone else, but people need to chill a bit. I suppose it visually looks gross to teleport into teleport as well.
Exactly. Non Tanya players (and lets be real, very few people, especially most people who post here and demand nerfs upon nerfs, dont play her) have no idea how terrible teleport is now.

I was all about "toning it down", but not this far. I cant even wrap my mind around the inability to continue pressure if they block a jip from an ariel teleport. Actual good players were already blowing that up pre-nerf...

I can't, lol.

kevkopdx

Noob
Exactly. Non Tanya players (and lets be real, very few people, especially most people who post here and demand nerfs upon nerfs, dont play her) have no idea how terrible teleport is now.

I was all about "toning it down", but not this far. I cant even wrap my mind around the inability to continue pressure if they block a jip from an ariel teleport. Actual good players were already blowing that up pre-nerf...

I can't, lol.
i think every tanya main was ok with toning it down, thats the hilarious part

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Whatever they decide to do I hope they do it quick and communicate. If they take this away whatever, time to adapt. If they leave it in then it would definitely be something to add to her gameplan.

For the record, in order for this to work you have to let them teleport over you, land, and then cancel. Unless she is doing a back teleport into fireball in Pyro, It would be the opponents fault for not anti-airing or air to airing her tele(which is super easy to do now.

I think she could live without it but I also dont think it would be anywhere NEAR broken if they kept it in.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Commit to what exactly? And from what?

A plain ol' jip? Yeah, thats fine.

An ariel teleport? Commit to what? She is screwed whether she "commits" to any attack or not.
Commit to whatever if you want to cancel that horrible disadvantage on landing off the teleport. Now, every time she teleports the opponent can choose to chase and punish or bait a cancel of the landing. So does Tanya, she can choose to land unsafely predicting a bait, or cancel the landing predicting a punish. It's OK I think.
The jip stays the same I guess, since you almost never land a jip just because.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Commit to whatever if you want to cancel that horrible disadvantage on landing off the teleport. Now, every time she teleports the opponent can choose to chase and punish or bait a cancel of the landing. So does Tanya, she can choose to land unsafely predicting a bait, or cancel the landing predicting a punish. It's OK I think.
There would never be a reason not to cancel into something, as it is most characters can just run up and pressure you with the recovery frames.

RunwayMafia

Not like she could've not been jump punched from teleport before
Correct.

But now, even if they dont njp, the opponent can just block. If I strike with a jip...lol. If I dont...lol.

This only makes sense to people who dont understand or just want her teleport offense useless.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Eh...
I don't see too much of the issue.

Like my character probably has one of the worst AA games and even I'm not bothered by this.
I think its cool personally, adds a layer to the gameplay.

I don't agree with cancelling teleport into another teleport, but eh... if its that big of a deal I can just throw something since she has no invuln.
Or d.3 her on the way down. Her cancel happens right before the lands, most characters have a move that low profiles and hits faster than most of her moves will come out.

Like jesus, I don't like Tanya at all. I think her teleports are honestly boring, however I don't see this as some kind of a game-breaking issue since her teleport is actually very very skim compared to her old version of it.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Correct.

But now, even if they dont njp, the opponent can just block. If I strike with a jip...lol. If I dont...lol.

This only makes sense to people who dont understand or just want her teleport offense useless.
Just play mournful. People haven't found out it's her best variation yet and for some reason she is buffed every patch.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's not invincible anymore...all they have to do is run and punish.

God people don't fucking get it