What's new

General/Other - Tanya Cancelling a Teleport Upon Landing

SEV

Noob
Really solid find. Hopefully they'll be able to have the fix ready by Tuesday with the rest of the stuff dropping with Predator so that it's patched in time for the EVO deadline, and that way we won't have to deal with any drama over Tanya in related to EVO.

kevkopdx

Noob
Really solid find. Hopefully they'll be able to have the fix ready by Tuesday with the rest of the stuff dropping with Predator so that it's patched in time for the EVO deadline, and that way we won't have to deal with any drama over Tanya in related to EVO.
what fix? she was always able to do this and it isnt going to affect anything.... its not that useful

SEV

Noob
what fix? she was always able to do this and it isnt going to affect anything.... its not that useful
Except it actually is really useful. This would mean, once again, that Tanya could have an immaculate run away game, and again, being the only character in the cast whose quick movement backwards isn't limited by stamina, which is a pretty key principle of the game. More importantly though, because I know you're about to bring up the fact that she no longer has invulnerability frames which in your opinion probably makes this completely okay, but it forces a mix up of whether or not she will continue to move backwards or start pressure so it's still the same scenario as pre-patch that made the character silly.

There's a chance that this was intended, and if it was then it's whatever because it's definitely better than pre-patch Tanya regardless, but judging that the patch notes say that she isn't supposed to be able to do anything after landing for 10 frames, I would assume that her being able to do something within 10 frames after landing is unintended. It's as simple as being able to recognize that what is said in the patch, is not the case in game.

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
Except it actually is really useful. This would mean, once again, that Tanya could have an immaculate run away game, and again, being the only character in the cast whose quick movement backwards isn't limited by stamina, which is a pretty key principle of the game. More importantly though, because I know you're about to bring up the fact that she no longer as invulnerability frames which makes this completely fine, it forces a mix up of whether or not she will continue to move backwards or start pressure so it's still the same scenario as pre-patch that made the character silly.

There's a chance that this was intended, and if it was than it's whatever because it's definitely better than pre-patch Tanya regardless, but judging that the patch notes say that she isn't supposed to be able to do anything after landing for 10 frames, I would assume that her being able to do something within 10 frames is unintended.
teleporting backwards is nerfed, before you gained alot more space by jumping back and teleporting repeat, landing and canceling into a backwards ground teleport is much slower, you can run in and catch her now. i wasnt going to mention invincibility frames but yeah, you can stop it with a projectile now

SEV

Noob
teleporting backwards is nerfed, before you gained alot more space by jumping back and teleporting repeat, landing and canceling into a backwards ground teleport is much slower, you can run in and catch her now. i wasnt going to mention invincibility frames but yeah, you can stop it with a projectile now
It's the concept that the character can run, then force her opponent to make the decision of whether or not she will continue to run, or initiate pressure. The distance she can cover is beside the point, especially if you always have to be concerned about the possibility of follow up pressure or armor; meanwhile you're using stamina to play catch up so if you do open her up, depending on your character, you may have to sacrifice damage, and if she opens you up, you can't break.

But it doesn't matter, either it was an error or it wasn't. I'm sure we'll hear from NRS at some point soon and people will learn to adapt; like I said, it's still better than pre-patch.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm interested to see what Tanya can do post patch. I hope the 5 people who actually play her offline can make something happen. Until then, this is all just theory fighting at its finest.

kevkopdx

Noob
It's the concept that the character can run, then force her opponent to make the decision of whether or not she will continue to run, or initiate pressure. The distance she can cover is beside the point, especially if you always have to be concerned about the possibility of follow up pressure or armor; meanwhile you're using stamina to play catch up so if you do open her up, depending on your character, you may have to sacrifice damage, and if she opens you up, you can't break.

But it doesn't matter, either it was an error or it wasn't. I'm sure we'll hear from NRS at some point soon and people will learn to adapt; like I said, it's still better than pre-patch.
yup we'll see how it plays out, though i think she was nerfed a little harshly... sub zero prevents running in and it seems ppl have adapted... i just hate this rush to nerf business, its ridiculous, she hasnt been explored enough

SEV

Noob
yup we'll see how it plays out, though i think she was nerfed a little harshly... sub zero prevents running in and it seems ppl have adapted... i just hate this rush to nerf business, its ridiculous, she hasnt been explored enough
I don't know about that comparison though, haha, but I was of the mind that her teleport pressure could have been adapted to pre-patch, but her run away game was just too damn strong to be left the way it was. Just look at that match REO vs Sonic Fox at CEO; even Tanya had a hard time chasing herself down, lol.

kevkopdx

Noob
I don't know about that comparison though, haha, but I was of the mind that her teleport pressure could have been adapted to pre-patch, but her run away game was just too damn strong to be left the way it was. Just look at that match REO vs Sonic Fox at CEO; even Tanya had a hard time chasing herself down, lol.
not a single tanya main will say it didnt need to be normalized, but you dont have to completely cripple the character to do that
im not sure you completely understand her gameplay :/

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Except now she runs herself to the corner, and she doesnt get out of the corner for free. That is the disconnect here.

Reactions: cfw