What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Can we get a better breakdown for Shinnok?

RexxyC

what's done is done
If his criticism is pure opinion, then you should leave it at that. Don't sit there and start mocking him and telling him to stop bitching like most of the people in this thread did.
Thank you for understanding what i'm trying to get across; I think i'm going to leave this thread. I didn't want it to turn dirty, I wanted to discuss how little of Shinnok was actually shown off.

GenieWeenie

Just an insignificant speck of feculent scum.
Yer right, I hope you get yer 2nd shinnok breakdown 1 week before the game comes out instead of being patient and getting a better understanding for yourself. Man I hate coming off as an asshole on here, but you guys just love to bitch about stupid shit and them try to justify it with whack logic. You guys seriously don't understand that how much material we have gotten this far before release. We've been given the full roster, about 85% of them have been broken down, amd we've been given all the kombat pack content info. I also don't understand how we could be given this much and you guys still find something wrong with it. It's so annoying.
Releasing information before a game comes out is standard. Nothing that NRS is doing is unique in the gaming market. Sure, they could just release the game without giving you the details. But, who purchases a game they know nothing about?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think i'm being mature; It was just a request to get a better showing of Shinnok because they didn't go as in depth as they had with the past characters. Also you would be surprised how much one move could change a characters gameplay up.
What more do you want though? They showed off everything they showed off for the rest of the cast minus a special which they didn't do for at least Takeda either. Even having seen that one more move it's not going to make a difference right now because you don't have the game yet.

So I live on a planet where every character must be fully showcased and the story must be 100% exposed before release leaving nothing to the imagination? Less than 20 days away. Its not like people won't find out a lot more detail then in 20 minutes than they would from a 2 hour stream pre-release......... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...

Some people are never satisfied. So while we're at it WE NEED TO DISCUSS VARIATION LOCKING FOR MORTAL KOMBAT 11 & SET STAGE / INTERACTABLES FOR INJUSTICE 2.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Look at it this way OP.

Do you rather your character have a massive hype train of "I'm gonna play this guy" like Takeda after his breakdown, or your character fly under the radar?

Ask yourself this. The answer will help alleviate any pains you may have had.
I mean he's gonna fly under the radar anyway, people are riding that Erron Black hype train.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Releasing information before a game comes out is standard. Nothing that NRS is doing is unique in the gaming market. Sure, they could just release the game without giving you the details. But, who purchases a game they know nothing about?
That wasn't my point. I know everyone releases info, but this much? No, they don't and you won't convince me otherwise. They didn't even go this far with IGAU or MK9.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I mean he's gonna fly under the radar anyway, people are riding that Erron Black hype train.
He is. It's better that way. I agree he was criminally misrepresented but it may work out better that way. There's barely any hype surrounding him which I always prefer over the "flavor of the month" hype following a character.

RexxyC

what's done is done
He is. It's better that way. I agree he was criminally misrepresented but it may work out better that way. There's barely any hype surrounding him which I always prefer over the "flavor of the month" hype following a character.
I get what you're saying. I think people have been riding Erron Black for too long to be flavor of the month tho.

D

Deleted member 35141

because 1 character wasnt broken down "properly " we have no info???? They have shown us a shitton of trailers and many live casts, if you think thats normal you dont play many games

Just speculating here, but maybe some of Shinnok's intro quotes have story mode spoilers that they didn't want to give away, hence using him to show off practice mode. At any rate, with at most 2 kombat kasts left before the game's release, there is no chance that they are going to do a variation breakdown for him again.

GenieWeenie

because 1 character wasnt broken down "properly " we have no info???? They have shown us a shitton of trailers and many live casts, if you think thats normal you dont play many games
I never said they haven't released info. Most game devs show you information about their games through gameplay and trailers. How much information, is up to the developers. Just because NRS gives more details about their games before release than the average game company does, it does not make them immune to criticism.

GenieWeenie

Just speculating here, but maybe some of Shinnok's intro quotes have story mode spoilers that they didn't want to give away, hence using him to show off practice mode. At any rate, with at most 2 kombat kasts left before the game's release, there is no chance that they are going to do a variation breakdown for him again.
Do people genuinely believe that Shinnok has at least one intro with every character shown so far that contains spoilers?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
If anything, tweet in hopes of them breaking down someone like Jacqui on the next one and picking Shinnok as the opponent and saying, "So we've seen your tweets and realized there are some specials we forgot to show so here's x," and then just doing it during her breakdown. The only reason we didn't see intros or a fatality is because he was shown off in Practice where both things are impossible to get it seems unless you make the opponent able to die.

GenieWeenie

If anything, tweet in hopes of them breaking down someone like Jacqui on the next one and picking Shinnok as the opponent and saying, "So we've seen your tweets and realized there are some specials we forgot to show so here's x," and then just doing it during her breakdown. The only reason we didn't see intros or a fatality is because he was shown off in Practice where both things are impossible to get it seems unless you make the opponent able to die.
This would easily solve the problem and it would take close to zero effort to do it.

D

Deleted member 35141

I never said they haven't released info. Most game devs show you information about their games through gameplay and trailers. How much information, is up to the developers. Just because NRS gives more details about their games before release than the average game company does, it does not make them immune to criticism.
This criticism I dont get though they showed us shinnocks moves and variations, If you said his costume sucked or his moves sucks thats fine criticism but were arguing about them not showing enough.

Do people genuinely believe that Shinnok has at least one intro with every character shown so far that contains spoilers?
Didn't say that; I was just throwing the possibility out there that they may have wished to sidestep the whole issue. The fact of the matter is that we aren't going to see a second breakdown of him just because a few people are miffed that we didn't see his fatality or intro dialogue. Not when the game is out in 2 weeks and 5 characters still remain, if you count Goro. At most we will see him as the opponent in a different character's breakdown.

GenieWeenie

This criticism I dont get though they showed us shinnocks moves and variations, If you said his costume sucked or his moves sucks thats fine criticism but were arguing about them not showing enough.
If I was to convince you to buy a shirt, I'd have show you what the shirt looks like. Put it this way, what if I said I was going to show you the shirt tomorrow, but the next day I only bring a picture of half of the shirt. Do you see where I'm going with this? Now some people in this thread feel upset because they were told they were going to see a fully fleshed shirt and didn't get to. The other half are yelling at them to be grateful they even showed part of the shirt at all. The people who are upset at the breakdown have every right to be.

I personally found the Shinnok breakdown to be sufficient - I merely think the character itself is lacking altogether - but I can completely sympathize with the OP because:

- No intro/outro
- No fatality.
- Generally uninspiring 2-hit combos.

Not a big deal for me but every character they've shown thus far has been presented with all those things.

D

Deleted member 35141

If I was to convince you to buy a shirt, I'd have show you what the shirt looks like. Put it this way, what if I said I was going to show you the shirt tomorrow, but the next day I only bring a picture of half of the shirt. Do you see where I'm going with this? Now some people in this thread feel upset because they were told they were going to see a fully fleshed shirt and didn't get to. The other half are yelling at them to be grateful they even showed part of the shirt at all. The people who are upset at the breakdown have every right to be.
pretty bad comparison you buy a shirt based on 1 maybe 2 things the feel and look and shinnock is 1 of 25+ reasons to buy the game. Do authors tell you the whole storie before release....NO, do directors show all scenes and plots before release ..... NO. Gamers have become spoiled brats:(

GenieWeenie

pretty bad comparison you buy a shirt based on 1 maybe 2 things the feel and look and shinnock is 1 of 25+ reasons to buy the game. Do authors tell you the whole storie before release....NO, do directors show all scenes and plots before release ..... NO. Gamers have become spoiled brats:(
Fair enough. But my point still stands. We were told that we were going to have three character breakdowns. Traditionally, fans hold them to their word. If they just said they were going to stream without giving info on what they were going to show, then I'd be grateful for anything they show. This wasn't the case this time.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
For all of you complaining that they didn't show more than one combo:

They're all combos, no matter what length. Sorry they're not tournament players, but they did actually try and show off some combos. They just happened to drop them because landing combos isn't the point of the Kasts.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
@RexxyC

To be 100% honest, they didn't go in depth on any character, or the greater systems of the game. We only just now found out about "block breakers", what else do we not know about?

Liu kang was the only character they mentioned any frame data for, and there were many mb specials they didn't perform for one reason or another.

I too was a bit let down with the way they showed Shinnok, but yeah, at this point you should realize that these kombat kast weren't structured, planned showcases, they were thrown together, "off the cuff" showings for select features of the game.