What's new

Question - A-List Can anybody hear us?

P.F.

Noob
Johnny Cage = Vastly Underrated character.

Learn2Footsies with Stunt Double and A-list and he's amazing. Hitbox problems will probably be never fixed because this game is wacky like that.
He is a vastly underrated character that could be even better if a lot of his strings didn't miss. I doubt the developers intended for these strings to miss on crouching everyone but Ferra/Torr, Jason and Kotal because they are labeled as 'Mid'. Not High.

People need to stop making excuses for mistakes in game development. There's a difference between asking for buffs and asking for a legit issue to be addressed.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Why is everyone talking about cages whiff punishing? F3 is fucking great for that. Imo cages real problems are 114 whiffing. F3 and f34 being way too negative , and not cancellable (f34) , and his laughably slow d3

Buiu

Woot
I'm guessing you guys understand that the strings that whiff are highs and are meant to whiff?

NO, they should whiff on neutral crouch, not on block.

alot of character, i mean A LOT, have this hitbox issues, and some of then use this strings a lot( ferra torr b212 and kotal 114).

is like derptile said, do not expect much

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
NO, they should whiff on neutral crouch, not on block.

alot of character, i mean A LOT, have this hitbox issues, and some of then use this strings a lot( ferra torr b212 and kotal 114).

is like derptile said, do not expect much
Oh I thought you were complaining about neutral duck whiff

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Why is everyone talking about cages whiff punishing? F3 is fucking great for that. Imo cages real problems are 114 whiffing. F3 and f34 being way too negative , and not cancellable (f34) , and his laughably slow d3
i think its bc 11 is quicker but you arent wrong, the other points i agree on too

Error404

Noob
Regardless of some moves whiffing and jump in punch practicly not existing JC still a very solid character. Honestly even if they don't fix his "issues" he still remains in the upper half of the tier list.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I don't really understand some of your points, why is having to punish with f3 a burden? I have never had an issue with it
Some things cant be punished with an 11 frame mid. But, it's not just the punishing aspect. Let's lay out a hypothetical situation:

You're SDJC fighting Cassie, and she does something like B12 and is at -6. Am I going to start my offense with F3? If I have a clone out that could work, but F3 and F34 are both punishable. I need to use 1,1 or 1,2. Both whiff even when she blocks low.

SDJC cant even start his offense against her safely when she's in negative frames.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Some things cant be punished with an 11 frame mid. But, it's not just the punishing aspect. Let's lay out a hypothetical situation:

You're SDJC fighting Cassie, and she does something like B12 and is at -6. Am I going to start my offense with F3? If I have a clone out that could work, but F3 and F34 are both punishable. I need to use 1,1 or 1,2. Both whiff even when she blocks low.

SDJC cant even start his offense against her safely when she's in negative frames.
Yeah.. I agree, What I would say you to do, it's get some advantage with a d1, and get some space, to whiff punish her with f34rc. If she blocks, you are only -3, and can get a little space

Last edited:

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't aware so many of his moves whiffed, pretty crazy

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Yeah.. I agree, What I would say you to do, it's get some advantage with a d1, and get some space, to whiff punish her with f34rc. If she blocks, you are only -3, and can get a little space
Man this is advanced strategy!

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
So in all likelihood this is something that will never be addressed? That is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of patches that have been released thus far..

Somea2V

Thread Referee
D1, though a good poke, leaves you at -3. This changes any follow up with standing 1 to, essentially, an 11 frame rebuttal and brings us back to the same issue. And he specifically mentioned Stunt Double as the variation in the example, so run cancelling the 4 in F34 is a no-no.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus

As some one who's been messing around with stunt double for a while now, this is exactly what has made me consider dropping the variation if not the character.