What's new

Cages 11F1

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I have been using this string alot for the past month, purely to build a little bit more meter and confuse opponents who think I was only going to do a 11, on hit it gives advantage and on block it gives pushback.

However, on block it pushes you into the range where F3 will crush all low pokes/standing moves that are quicker than it, so long as you stand perfectly still and do a F3 right at the end of the 11F1 animation.

I tested this against a few characters, not the whole cast:

Jax - (Nothing worked)
Raiden - (Sometimes his D3 would work, other times it wouldnt, seemed random, Cage kinda hops over it and knees him in the face)
Smoke (Nothing worked)
CSZ - (Nothing worked)
Kitana - (Couldnt even D1)

None of them could escape the F3 after the 11F1 was blocked. So heres something to get people to poke and punish them for it :p

The opponent has 3 options after 11F1 is blocked

- Armour
- X-Ray
- Block the next F3

Dont jump because obviously you'll get AA'd by F3 for roughly 25% into nutpunch.

This is especially effective jumping out of the corner because you can get about 9% free chip damage and a mindgame after it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Are the hits from 11f1 all high ? I know the first one is for sure. What about the others ? Cause if they are they are easy to be punished with down pokes or uppercuts.

11f1 is at + frames on block your opponent has not choice but to block the f3 like foxy is saying i use to use 11f1 in my johnny cage game play since i can remember and the most people could ever do was an armor to stop the f3 because even if you try to jump the f3 will hit you out of the air.

foxy add the sweep to your game as well because after you get someone to block cage sweep cage is at + frames and f3 and b3 can not be jump or poke after a block sweep so they have to stay there and block or armor out of it

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
What combo to do off of the AA F3???
F3, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44~Cunt Cracker?
That or F3 11 2 44nutpunch, depends on the height, sometimes 11 picks them up easier sometimes 2 does.

I knew the sweep was + but its not worth giving them a wakeup situation IMO

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Hm, I think that may be your imagination about 11 vs 2
2 is 9 frames and has a lower hitbox than 1.
1 is 8 frames, and if 11 missed then 2 might have connected IMHO.

11F1 is +1 on block. I find it hard to believe that a follow up F3 will beat out Kitana's D1. SZ's D4 is 8 frames, so it will randomly beat out JC's F3.

On some crouch blocking characters, 1(1)F1 will hit, like Ermac. Most other characters only (1)1(F1) will hit.

11f1 is at + frames on block your opponent has not choice but to block the f3 like foxy is saying i use to use 11f1 in my johnny cage game play since i can remember and the most people could ever do was an armor to stop the f3 because even if you try to jump the f3 will hit you out of the air.

foxy add the sweep to your game as well because after you get someone to block cage sweep cage is at + frames and f3 and b3 can not be jump or poke after a block sweep so they have to stay there and block or armor out of it
Wait, the sweep is still + frames? I though after the patch they made it negative or at best neutral. Pre-patch Cage had some crazy shit he could do because of the crazy fast recovery. He was, as far as I know the only character that could juggle from a sweep.

I'm still to this day salty of NRS changing it.

leek

Noob
Wait, the sweep is still + frames? I though after the patch they made it negative or at best neutral. Pre-patch Cage had some crazy shit he could do because of the crazy fast recovery. He was, as far as I know the only character that could juggle from a sweep.

You can still D1 after a sweep on hit and it will count as 2. Not sure if it works in the corner to get advanced juggles but it keeps them up.

You can still D1 after a sweep on hit and it will count as 2. Not sure if it works in the corner to get advanced juggles but it keeps them up.
Are you sure? This was on of the first things I tried after the patch and it didn't work. I also tested once again and it still doesn't work. It has become extremely hard or simply doesn't work anymore. Being able to juggle was nice, but I primarily used it for pressure on block or continued pressure on hit, as f+3 and d+3 picked the opponent up.

leek

Noob
Are you sure? This was on of the first things I tried after the patch and it didn't work. I also tested once again and it still doesn't work. It has become extremely hard or simply doesn't work anymore. Being able to juggle was nice, but I primarily used it for pressure on block or continued pressure on hit, as f+3 and d+3 picked the opponent up.
I might be mistaken. I thought I did it about a week ago but I may be wrong. If you're testing it now and it doesn't work, disregard my comments. v.v

JC can't combo or reset off a sweep anymore. He's still plus on block though.

Sonya's dive kick won't beat out F3. It takes 2-3 frames to jump back (3-4 for nj), and another 6-7 frames to dive kick after jumping.

yea he still is like at +2 or +3 after the sweep but he can not combo after it or pickup someone from the grown with d3 before they can roll or do a wakeup move any more

Marvaz

come at me
Does when I did it.

End the 11F1 string, dont dash at all, as soon as the move ends put F3 and it'll catch her D1
Dude i swear i tried it and it doesnt work. Maybe im not fast enough with the f3? You have to input the f3 as soon as the f1 is blocked or wait a little?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dude i swear i tried it and it doesnt work. Maybe im not fast enough with the f3? You have to input the f3 as soon as the f1 is blocked or wait a little?
I think you might have to wait just a little, cause when I was doing it I saw Kitanas D1 starting but it never hit me

Marvaz

come at me
I think you might have to wait just a little, cause when I was doing it I saw Kitanas D1 starting but it never hit me
Ok so i tried online and offline and i tried waiting and not waiting lol and it wont work vs kitana from my experience. It does work against shang, sub, sonya. Tried it online :)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
F3 after blocked 11F1 will trade with kitanas d1. This means the game will decide who wins, so it is a 50/50 who gets the hit.

For this to happen, both JC and kit must press their respective button at frame perfect timing. Otherwise the person who messes up (even by one frame) will lose.

Tested this offline. This is supported by the frame data as well.

Citing gameplay references (especially online) would be unreliable.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I have been using this string alot for the past month, purely to build a little bit more meter and confuse opponents who think I was only going to do a 11, on hit it gives advantage and on block it gives pushback.

However, on block it pushes you into the range where F3 will crush all low pokes/standing moves that are quicker than it, so long as you stand perfectly still and do a F3 right at the end of the 11F1 animation.

I tested this against a few characters, not the whole cast:

Jax - (Nothing worked)
Raiden - (Sometimes his D3 would work, other times it wouldnt, seemed random, Cage kinda hops over it and knees him in the face)
Smoke (Nothing worked)
CSZ - (Nothing worked)
Kitana - (Couldnt even D1)

None of them could escape the F3 after the 11F1 was blocked. So heres something to get people to poke and punish them for it :p

The opponent has 3 options after 11F1 is blocked

- Armour
- X-Ray
- Block the next F3

Dont jump because obviously you'll get AA'd by F3 for roughly 25% into nutpunch.

This is especially effective jumping out of the corner because you can get about 9% free chip damage and a mindgame after it.
I hate his 11F1. All you cage players are trash.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Are you telling me that you can't even do ice parry after you block 11f1? Am I reading the OP wrong? Is your list for on hit or block?