What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Goro Buffs Goro needs so he doesn't lose to the whole cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
UNIVERSAL
Punchwalk - is an amazing move. (Like King said to cancel in to CG after a certain number of hits - just like Erron Blacks 21122)
Telestomp - (EX Telestomp should launch and track, the only way out is to run. Non EX leave alone.)
Shokan Grab - Does not need to throw the opponent away, leaves them right in front of you. (With the latest buff it doesn't really matter but I would be nice for a okie set up.)
Projectile - Should be a mid since it is SUPER slow.
F3 - Make it 10-13 frames (As it would be the only good advancing Mid he would have.
F21- Faster start up, that string is useless unless you land a JIP.
Remove U1 or U2 - It is the same move and doesn't need to be there 2 times. (Make 8-9 Frames)
D2 - Fix the hit box and make it 9 or 10 frames.
More strings special cancel-able - I would love to see strings like 214 into punchwalk and B121 into Punchwalk.
Make Goro have more Tick Throw setups instead of just B3. (Which is his only low so if you commit to a SG you get punished because it whiffed.)
B3 - please have a sting involving this move, as its -21 or something on block. (Yes you can cancel it to Punchwalk I know)
HitBox on B12U1 - The whiffing on JIP into this string is annoying.

KW Variation
Ground Pound - Should be able to link after strings. (Over 50 frames of start up so it is easy to escape.) EX Ground Pound has faster startup, -10 frames. Kotal Kahn can cancel into his Unblockable so why shouldn't goro be able to.
Chest Lunge - Fine (Give EX a chance to combo when opponent is thrown into the corner.

Tigrar Fury
Fire Breath - Make it so F3 into FlameBreath is a true link. But opponent can armor after FB.
Fire Ball Projectile - Fine - Make EX go Low, Mid, High just like Erron Blacks Rifle shots. Also Give option for Full screen LOW fireball.

Dragon Fangs
Never really gave a though to play so I do not know.

Now, by no means do I think Goro is not viable in tournament play, Goro is a super fun character to play and is one of my most favorite characters to play in MKX, I just think the options are limited compared to the rest of the cast. @Decay is my hero for making it out of Pools with Goro. Please give this man props.

@FOREVER KING - This was my purposed changes I made a while back, I got blown up for saying these but, this is what I think Goro needs.
Hey any footage of his goro?

D

Deleted member 9158

Just take him online and use DU and punch walk to victory

thlityoursloat

kick kick
What he needs imo is either better run speed or faster ranged normals. His main problem is that he suffers from Jacqui syndrome where most of his normals are short ranged and the few ones that DO have range have painful startups. Unlike Jacqui though, his run speed makes instant run cancels impossible.
If they could decrease the startup on his F3 or F2 he'd be much much better in the footsies department.

just give his run/dash 3 hits of armor(with no meter) :DOGE

seriously a universal move like walking corpse(igau,grundy) just in order to not get zoned out that easilly,would be great and fun to watch...the only problem i see in goro(kw ofc,because the other 2 variations suck balls,even more than sheeva did in mk9),is that he can be zoned out...

in dragon fangs they can add a command grab that will buff him just like grundy...the buffs could be more chip dmg(its dragon fangs god damn it),less block dmg or a dmg buff...give this variation 1-2 tick throws and you are set...

in tigrar fury give him a fbrc and buff his projectiles...

P.S. i have to add that kw goro,now,is not that bad as you think...

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

seriously a universal move like walking corpse(igau,grundy) just in order to not get zoned out that easilly,would be great and fun to watch...the only problem i see in goro(kw ofc,because the other 2 variations suck balls,even more than sheeva did in mk9),is that he can be zoned out...

in dragon fangs they can add a command grab that will buff him just like grundy...the buffs could be more chip dmg(its dragon fangs god damn it),less block dmg or a dmg buff...give this variation 1-2 tick throws and you are set...

Nice sugesttions, but not the Grundy buff. It will be too much for a block button game. Faster F3 that hits mid and is 0 on block will do magic. Faster F2 will be a bonus. Faster fireball and here we have top 10 character.

Nice sugesttions, but not the Grundy buff. It will be too much for a block button game. Faster F3 that hits mid and is 0 on block will do magic. Faster F2 will be a bonus. Faster fireball and here we have top 10 character.
for kw,the other 2 variations will still suck balls...

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

Goro loses to a lot of things, but zoning is not one of them. EX stomp is one of the best anti-zoning moves in the game. And in TF, especially now with the buffed speed, his fireball trades well against most chars.

Like has been mentioned, the only thing I think Goro needs at this point is a faster F2.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
@FOREVER KING this thread lost all credibility after yesterday:DOGE Goroboiz
Tbh Goro's mobility could easily be fixed by removing the recovery of telestomp on landing. Also giving it enormous priority on the way down would make him viable without any other changes imo.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I only really have 4 changes.

Stomp more + on hit (+8 and that distance means we get punished for attempting anything other than EX PW or block after it)
More meter granted for actions on Goro (still starved, we just waste less on EX PW)
Faster advancing non-KD normal
SG hitbox fix

All he needs.

Honestly, it seems that the only Goro players who want buffs to his long ranged mids are KW players.

Personally, as a TF player, I'm pretty happy with Goro's mid ranged game. Flameball is so good at dominating the horizontal space that making f3 (already a very good advancing mid that leads to a strong guessing game) faster seems like over kill.

The only two things I want fixed are stomp priority and SG hitbox off a tick.

Have you tried playing TF seriously? Not sure why you find this so hard to believe.

Maybe you can tell us why you think TF isn't legit?
TF is just a worse KW in many senses...
1st,quake is a great tool that only KW has,and TF has no tool compared to this...zoning is dead in mkx and TF is not even a good zoner...quake does 12% unscaled dmg after many things,and even after SG in the end of a combo increasing his dmg potential by far...its also unbreakable dmg...some mediocre fireballs can't compare with it...
2nd,KW has chest lounge,and can use it for antiair if your opponent jumps from distance,change sides(enabling pretty easy swag uppercut combos in the corner without losing your posotioning,e.g. F3xxExPW~B1,2,U2~B2~uppercut~D3xxCL for 38% dmg,maybe not the best corner combo but an extremely easy swagy combo).CL is a pretty decent and fast meterless wake up attack.
It also enables a mini vortex:
i am not sure if it was nerfed in the last patch and never really utilised this but its an option.
3rd,TF fireballs are high,even the enchanced versions,and that is making useless against a mediocre player...
4th,the low fireballs can't really outzone anyone...and its stupid to even think that a low/high fireball is a mixup xD
5th,TF has no true blockstrings when using fire breath,so anyone can armor through it making it a pretty weak tool...

So the way i see it,TF has weak tools(zoning tools that are not even good,in a game not designed for zoning),and lacks 2 really usefull tools...If you can enlighten me why TF is better than KW,i would apreciate it beacause now i see KW been the only legit variation of goro,and i would really like to play his other variations...
edit:also goro is a rushdown char that excels in upclose combat with many normals/specials been plus or safe on block...trying to outzone someone with goro doesn't really makes sence...you just put yourself in a worse position...also with chars that outzone him,TF is trully a worse KW in everything and you will find yoursself not even using the TF tools and just rely in goro universal tools...

Last edited:
TF is just a worse KW in many sences...
1st,quake is a great tool that only KW has,and TF has no tool compared to this...zoning is dead in mkx and TF is not even a good zoner...quake does 12% unscaled dmg after many things,and even after SG in the end of a combo increasing his dmg potential by far...some mediocre fireballs can't compare with it...
2nd,KW has chest lounge,and can use it for antiair if your opponent jumps from distance,change sides(enabling pretty easy swag uppercut combos in the corner without losing your posotioning,e.g. F3xxExPW~B1,2,U2~B2~uppercut~D3xxCL for 38% dmg,maybe not the best corner combo but an extremely easy swagy combo).CL is a pretty decent and fast meterless wake up attack.
It also enables a mini vortex:
i am not sure if it was nerfed in the last patch and never really utilised this but its an option.
3rd,TF fireballs are high,even the enchanced versions,and that is making useless against a mediocre player...
4th,the low fireballs can't really outzone anyone...and its stupid to even think that a low/high fireball is a mixup xD
5th,TF has no true blockstrings when using fire breath,so anyone can armor through it making it a pretty weak tool...

So the way i see it,TF has weak tools(zoning tools that are not even good,in a game not designed for zoning),and lacks 2 really usefull tools...If you can enlighten me why TF is better than KW,i would apreciate it beacause now i see KW been the only legit variation of goro,and i would really like to play his other variations...
I dunno about pre patch, cause I didn't play much Goro before the Gorolives patch, but I assure you that TF has a very solid zoning game. I reckon there are not more than 5 characters in the game who can clearly outzone TF Goro.

- It doesn't matter that Flameball can be ducked. Outside of Cassie's B1 range, Flameball is close to neutral on whiff. At full screen, it is very plus on whiff. This is the key to everything. Unless Goro is fighting a teleporter, someone with a faster projectile (faster than 17 frames), or someone that has a projectile that's fast and knocksdown on trade (That's maybe just Quan Chi?), Goro has a clear advantage in the zoning game- he can walk back and lob FBs until the opponent overextends himself and eats f3.

- Flameball is very high and very hard to jump. This means that the opponent has to commit to jumping. If they guessed wrong and jumped when TF didn't throw a FB, they now eat up to 28% no meter damage thanks to the buffed U1/2.

All in all I feel that TF has a slight zoning advantage over KW when it comes to non teleporters, and a much better zoning game when it comes to teleporters (KW quake is free to jump teleports).

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Goro loses to a lot of things, but zoning is not one of them. EX stomp is one of the best anti-zoning moves in the game. And in TF, especially now with the buffed speed, his fireball trades well against most chars.

Like has been mentioned, the only thing I think Goro needs at this point is a faster F2.
You can't be serious. Everybody can zone out Goro. You spend a bar for a special that doesn't even can be comboed after. His fireball still sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.